Splendor - Need good or bad input

kapcruiser

Sailed the Splendor for Christmas. The ship was fine. Layout was easy enough to navigate. The dome over the main pool came in handy during the Dive In Movies and one of the deck parties when it was storming outside. The aft pool is adults only, with two adults-only hot tubs, too.

The only thing I missed was the Blue Iguana Cantina and their breakfast arepas!

My wife and I sailed on her in 2015 and it was the only cruise where we've ever experienced issues. I had a real bad experience in the spa, which I never got my money back from, my wife was served bloody chicken in the MDR, which no one ever tried to make right, and our excursion was messed up when we got off at the Dominican Republic, shore excursions desk only gave us like $15 back and were really rude about it. For those reasons we will probably never sail her again, but her décor and amenities were fine for us even though her appearance was a bit worn in places. I've read several reviews of folks having a great time on the Splendor so if you like the itinerary then I say go for it.

We were on the Splendor in June 2017 and had a wonderful cruise. We had great service in our room and at the buffet. We really enjoyed the Indian food station by the aft pool. My only (really minor) complaints were that the sea day brunch was kind of meh, and the bars didn't always open up early enough for me to grab a Diet Coke in the morning before excursions. We didn't do the brunch until the last day so we didn't get to try it again to see if it was just an off day. I thought we might miss the Guy's burgers or other features of the newer ships, but we didn't.

I know I will miss guys burgers and blue iguana for lunch. Do they have a barritto bar similar to blue iguana?

When we went last June, there was a burrito station at the buffet where they build a burrito for you like the Blue Iguana.

Hi we were on the Splendor for New Years Eve 2018, like others said it doesn't have all the upgrades but it still has a burrito bar (that is just as good and has chips!), burgers and BBQ. The ship layout is a lot like the Breeze and Magic but because it was originally built for one of their other companies there are little differences. The one we loved the most was the center pool has the sliding roof so when we had 2 days of rain we could still sit out there and enjoy the activities!!!! Check out our video, I have to give a warning with it, it's not your normal vacation video and since it was my husbands 25th Carnival Cruise he was so happy everything fell into place that they didn't treat him any differently. We always enjoy our cruises no matter the ship, weather or islands. Watch and enjoy....

I took my Mother who in in her 70's for her first cruise on the Splendor in April 2017. I did not notice the pink after the 2nd day.

The good: we had a spa balcony cabin & the Splendor has a great spa.' date=' The ship is a nice size for a first time cruise The crew was absolutely fantastic.

The only complaints about the ship were because the last 2 cruises prior to this has been on the Breeze & Dream so I kept making comparisons. I missed having Guy's Burger, Blue Iguana Cantina, Italian restaurant, etc. I also kept thinking the pool area on the Lido deck should be larger and have more sets of stairs up to the neck deck/floor.

I still prefer the Breeze or Dream but would gladly go on the Splendor again anytime.[/quote']

Was there a step up into the cabin and/or the bathroom in your cabin?

• 1 month later...