Need help picking a cabin for a smoker in our group

MooNGaTe27

I don’t understand why everyone has to get onto everyone who smokes. I’m a non smoker my hubby is a smoker. He doesn’t bother me with his smoke at all. We are going on our first cruise next year and it was soooo hard to convince him to go!!! This is such a bullying issue!! Ps. Hubby has been a lifelong smoker and hasn’t started one fire!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Star Princess for one. Grandeur of the Seas for another

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Reread Star Princess report. Fire was blamed on "possible" cigarette because they couldn't find another alternative. Not even close to be proven. Also no known ignition source for the Grandeur fire. So, I ask again, just which fires have been proven to be caused by a cigarette?

Reread Star Princess report. Fire was blamed on "possible" cigarette because they couldn't find another alternative. Not even close to be proven. Also no known ignition source for the Grandeur fire. So, I ask again, just which fires have been proven to be caused by a cigarette?

I do believe you're trying to unsettle the masses.

This is such a bullying issue!!

Forums

I agree that your husbands smoking is a bullying move upon the non smoking world.

When I pick my nose, do I fling it in non nose pickers direction . No I do not.

Smokers have no idea what it’s like for us non smokers and frankly they really don’t seem to care about our feelings . That’s the textbook definition of bullying . Thanks for pointing that out

You non smokers have to make sure you point out and down smokers. Yes bullying! I’ve never met a smoker who sits and downs a non smoker. Your funny thinking that my husband is bullying your non smoking world. When your bullying his smoking world.

You non smokers have to make sure you point out and down smokers. Yes bullying! I’ve never met a smoker who sits and downs a non smoker. Your funny thinking that my husband is bullying your non smoking world. When your bullying his smoking world.

Oh yeah!!!

Yeah!!!

Oh yeah !!!!

Yeah !!!

I don’t understand why everyone has to get onto everyone who smokes. I’m a non smoker my hubby is a smoker. He doesn’t bother me with his smoke at all. We are going on our first cruise next year and it was soooo hard to convince him to go!!! This is such a bullying issue!! Ps. Hubby has been a lifelong smoker and hasn’t started one fire!

I'm glad it doesn't bother you. But I am grossed out by the smell, not of just the smoke when a cigarette but also the smell that permeates the smoker. I'm not being a bully by not wanting to be exposed to something that is known to cause cancer in people that don't even indulge in the disgusting habit. I'm not worried about fires, I think that's a ridiculous notion. I just don't want to be exposed to the secondhand smoke. I do think smokers should have their area to smoke away & I'll avoid them.

If you have a balcony and don't chain smoke, I think they expect people to smoke a few in their room as long as they don't take it overboard (no pun intended). My SIL always tips her cabin guy $100 the first time she sees him and has never had a problem smoking a bit in her room. Again don't go overboard, only smoke your morning cigarette, maybe a few while you get ready for dinner and one while your in bed trying to go to sleep and only do it with a balcony and the door open.

I hope you guys enjoy your cruise! As someone who has never even smoked one cigarette, I totally agree that non-smokers are bullies to smokers. I really like second-hand smoke, it smells really good to me. I just have never smoked because I'm cheap and know that I have an addictive personality and I'd be smoking three packs per day if I tried them;) Sucks because I think women who smoke look so swanky and urbane, I've always envied the models who chain smoke.

If you have a balcony and don't chain smoke, I think they expect people to smoke a few in their room as long as they don't take it overboard (no pun intended). My SIL always tips her cabin guy $100 the first time she sees him and has never had a problem smoking a bit in her room. Again don't go overboard, only smoke your morning cigarette, maybe a few while you get ready for dinner and one while your in bed trying to go to sleep and only do it with a balcony and the door open.

This one is very hard to swallow. Smoking on a balcony is one thing, smoking in the cabin is not cool. I don't believe $100 would save the cabin stewards job. Smoking in a cabin, even one cigarette's smoke lasts days and is near impossible to completely eliminate. This is why Carnival and almost all hotels have a $250 cleaning fee, no it's not a fine.

This one is very hard to swallow. Smoking on a balcony is one thing, smoking in the cabin is not cool. I don't believe $100 would save the cabin stewards job. Smoking in a cabin, even one cigarette's smoke lasts days and is near impossible to completely eliminate. This is why Carnival and almost all hotels have a $250 cleaning fee, no it's not a fine.

And wouldn't the smoke alarms go off? Finding this really hard to believe. Who cares about a measly $100 bucks. He can lose his job. What if he said to his boss, "hey, I want the hundred dollar bribe I made with him back" I cal BS on this one.

See once again. You smokers, the smell, cancer, fires. It’s their life you have yours they have theirs. They want to go on vacation too and still be able to enjoy life too. My husband is the sole provider in this house. Husband to our three small children. We are paying thousands of dollars for our right to go on vacation just like you. So he should have every right to go into our balcony that we are paying a premium for. Outside in the air and smoke and enjoy the scenery. There should be smoking and non smoking cabins just like there are in hotels!

What I don’t understand is why the mods allow for suggestions and/or posts that encourage breaking Carnival’s rules on CC? I belong to other cruising sites and these types of posts (smoking in unauthorized areas, smuggling alcohol, etc.) are deleted, the poster is warned and/or account is suspended and in some cases thread is locked or removed. Allowing these types of posts, without admonishing, encourages rule breaking imo.

Just smoke on the balcony. I’ve done it on every Carnival cruise without a complaint. Most people don’t care

Contrary to what people say, cigarette and cigar smoke do affect people in surrounding balconies.

When we sailed Breeze back before smoking was prohibited on balconies, the family in the cabin just forward of ours smoked. And smoked. And smoked. The smoke wafted backwards to our balcony, making it unusable for the entire week. (Except during early assigned dining. That was the only time we could be on our balcony.) It did not matter if the ship was moving or if we were in port, we were always inundated with smoke.

Kyndal93, kindly follow the rules and do not smoke on your balcony.

Thank you.

See once again. You smokers, the smell, cancer, fires. It’s their life you have yours they have theirs. They want to go on vacation too and still be able to enjoy life too. My husband is the sole provider in this house. Husband to our three small children. We are paying thousands of dollars for our right to go on vacation just like you. So he should have every right to go into our balcony that we are paying a premium for. Outside in the air and smoke and enjoy the scenery. There should be smoking and non smoking cabins just like there are in hotels!

No offense but this is very arrogant in my opinion. Unlike a hotel balcony, cruise ship balconies are side by side so his smoke is going to other balconies.

As I said earlier, this is bullying to the highest extent.

Smokers have no idea what it’s like for us non smokers and frankly they really don’t seem to care about our feelings . That’s the textbook definition of bullying . Thanks for pointing that out

Don't know which textbook you're using but Miriam-Webster dictionary says nothing about your feelings in it's definition....

Definition of bullying

: abuse and mistreatment of someone vulnerable by someone stronger, more powerful, etc.

Don't know which textbook you're using but Miriam-Webster dictionary says nothing about your feelings in it's definition....

Definition of bullying

: abuse and mistreatment of someone vulnerable by someone stronger, more powerful, etc.

You’re kidding right ? You just defined exactly how I feel about over powering and stronger willed smokers that have no regard for my health and displeasure for smoke (me being the vulnerable).

Thanks for helping me make my argument

You’re kidding right ? You just defined exactly how I feel about over powering and stronger willed smokers that have no regard for my health and displeasure for smoke (me being the vulnerable).

Thanks for helping me make my argument

Didn't know you considered yourself a damsel in distress. :rolleyes: