First time on Azamara

ProfessorEFFE

We are presently on the Quest off the coast of Spain right this minute. This is our 5th day. I was seriously hoping that this cruise would have been asgood as our first Zenith Cruise in 2002. My expectations and hopes were well exceeded. The on board crew is outstanding. The food is exceptional for a Cruise ship ( from my experience ). The Azamazing evening was outstanding. It was the 3 Tenors in Lavorno. The theater was so nice, the tenors were amazing, the transportation was great. We had also done an excersion where you go to the market with the Chef, and then go back for fine dining that evening. I thoought $300 plus per person was outrageous. But Strangely enough it was worth it. I couldn’t afford to do it every cruise, but for special occations it’s perfect. We had 6 people @ the table and there are no words to adequate enough to describe how nice the food was.

Still 3 more days including today and each one is better than the previous one.

• 4 weeks later...

It is so good to read something positive! I'm nervous now after reading a number of negative posts and cancellations. I am only a recent cruiser in the last 3 years and booked the Journey for May 2018, Athens to Rome. I need to book my flights but get leary of our cruise being changed or cancelled. Is this normal for Azamara? My husband and I are doing this for our 30 year anniversary! Thank you!

It is so good to read something positive! I'm nervous now after reading a number of negative posts and cancellations. I am only a recent cruiser in the last 3 years and booked the Journey for May 2018, Athens to Rome. I need to book my flights but get leary of our cruise being changed or cancelled. Is this normal for Azamara? My husband and I are doing this for our 30 year anniversary! Thank you!

You should be fine. This cruise is part of the Journey World Cruise to get her to London from Sydney. There shouldn’t be changes at this late stage on this one. I hope you enjoy the ship as much as I always do!

Phil

This cruise was the first leg of a B2B. Unfortunately for me port intensive cruises wear me out. Much more than I anticipated. I had a mobility Scooter called a SmartScoot with me on this cruise. It was a God send! The rear wheels adjust to 24 inches which is small enough to get into the door of a regular cabin. HC cabins have an auto door opener and a wider door. This was not an HC cabin. We had 6050 a balcony Cabin. It was small by my standards but the bed was to die for! And big enough for a week's journey. The elevators are narrow too again I had no problem backing it to them or out of them. I thought the food in the MDR was very good. It exceeded my expectations, I would put it on par with the Specialty Restaurants on the NCL Cruise we were on. The buffet was quite small but very tasty. We went on a Greek night and I loved it.

The excursions we went on with the ships were pretty good. But I am beginning to realize I don't like excursions with more than 6 people. If I ever get to Corsica again I will venture off on my own because the tour we went on from the ship was 13 out of 10 on the boring scale.

The Crew Members are truly a Gem of the Azamara Cruise line. Service is tip top! The Azamazing Evening was as stated! They had an artist doing a rendition of the evening's Show. It was fantastic! Both the show and painting. We bought a print, mainly because we live in a small house and don't have room for anything bigger. It was signed by the artist, who is a really interesting man, and donates a lot to Charity!

More to come as I unwind my thoughts and pictures.