A got the 12-12:30 checkin on Breeze Journey, great time?

Produce123

hi there. I checked in early this morning and grabbed the first opening at 12 to 12:30 on the 14 day Journey cruise on the Breeze this November. I did not see an earlier time, since no faster to the Fun was available on this cruise, did I more than likely get the first time available outside those that are Platinum or Diamond cruisers? Or was I bit late and times before noon exist? I know rooms aren’t ready until 1:30 so any tips besides packing swimwear in carry on bags or grabbing a bit to eat right away? Thanks.

Though I can not speak specifically to your itinerary, I have noticed a general trend that the first set of arrival appointments are around 6 hours prior to & the last scheduled ones being 2 hours before the scheduled sail away. Availability of arrival appointments during check-in for Diamond Platinum, Suites, and FttF passengers are no different than those offered to passengers doing general boarding. Boarding usually starts 5 hours prior and closing out at 90 minutes to sail away.

The best way to be sure if you were able to get the earliest arrive appointment isto compare notes with others on your roll call here and at other cruising social sites.

hi there. I checked in early this morning and grabbed the first opening at 12 to 12:30 on the 14 day Journey cruise on the Breeze this November. I did not see an earlier time, since no faster to the Fun was available on this cruise, did I more than likely get the first time available outside those that are Platinum or Diamond cruisers? Or was I bit late and times before noon exist? I know rooms aren’t ready until 1:30 so any tips besides packing swimwear in carry on bags or grabbing a bit to eat right away? Thanks.

Well I actually fell asleep and woke up at 1:45 am and checked in and also received the 12:00-12:30 time and we are Platinum. Guess what above poster stated it doesn't matter your status. Since this is a Journeys cruise I anticipate a lot of Diamond & Platinum cruisers and wait times will be longer lol. Getting excited though for this cruise!

Everyone has different tastes. Noon is too early for me. I prefer embarking after my cabin is ready at 1:30-ish so I can go directly there and unload whatever I happen to carry-on. Getting in the ship pool isn't a thrill, as we have our own pool.

Everyone has different tastes. Noon is too early for me. I prefer embarking after my cabin is ready at 1:30-ish so I can go directly there and unload whatever I happen to carry-on. Getting in the ship pool isn't a thrill, as we have our own pool.

You must be driving to the port that day. Hotel checkout time for most hotels is 11:00. I rather check out and go directly to the pier, get on the boat and start my vacation. The 11:30 check in time is perfect for us. I don't pick anything previous to that time.

You must be driving to the port that day. Hotel checkout time for most hotels is 11:00. I rather check out and go directly to the pier, get on the boat and start my vacation. The 11:30 check in time is perfect for us. I don't pick anything previous to that time.

Yes next cruise is about an hour drive. Last cruise was about 3 hours but we elected to spend night before in hotel near the port. We simply asked for a later checkout time, explaining we were cruising, check in time, blah blah blah.

... Hotel checkout time for most hotels is 11:00. I rather check out and go directly to the pier, get on the boat and start my vacation. ....

You do know that check-out just means you need to vacate your hotel room and close out your on property account. Many hotels will allow you to allow you to store your luggage (at no fee) at the guest services desk, coat room, or manager's office if you want to use the on property included amenities, grab a late morning meal, or explore the surrounding area after check-out time till their normal check-in time. (Kind of the same thing that they allow if you show up before their published check-in time.)

Also the the arrival appointment time is not your boarding time. Even those with the highest priority check-in can find themselves waiting an hour possibly 2 in the terminal after checking in when they choose to arrive prior to Customs clearing the ship for boarding.

You do know that check-out just means you need to vacate your hotel room and close out your on property account. Many hotels will allow you to allow you to store your luggage (at no fee) at the guest services desk, coat room, or manager's office if you want to use the on property included amenities, grab a late morning meal, or explore the surrounding area after check-out time till their normal check-in time. (Kind of the same thing that they allow if you show up before their published check-in time.)

Also the the arrival appointment time is not your boarding time. Even those with the highest priority check-in can find themselves waiting an hour possibly 2 in the terminal after checking in when they choose to arrive prior to Customs clearing the ship for boarding.

I do realize but I rather spend my time on the ship than exploring the area. We already did that the day before. By 12pm, the majority of the time, boarding has already started.

Most hotels of any repute will extend your checkout time to 1:00, even if they are fully booked.

I do realize but I rather spend my time on the ship than exploring the area. We already did that the day before. By 12pm, the majority of the time, boarding has already started.
Yes and on a majority of cruises the departure time is 4pm. The OP is going on a Journeys Cruise, the departure time for these tend to be at 6pm, thus everything tends to happen 2 hours later than on a "majority" of cruises.

So with that knowledge in advance would you recommend them "exploring" the cruise terminal waiting area or spending an extra hour or 2 at the hotel's pool, a minor attraction, or a local restaurant.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

We are planning to go on a journey cruise next year. My husband has somewhat of a mobility issue and I would hope we can try to begin our boarding procress as soon as we arrive without having to wait & wait. Do passengers truly have to stick to their exact appointment time or are those times more like “suggested” boarding times like they, in truth, turn out to be on some other lines? I sure hope so.

Yes and on a majority of cruises the departure time is 4pm. The OP is going on a Journeys Cruise, the departure time for these tend to be at 6pm, thus everything tends to happen 2 hours later than on a "majority" of cruises.

So with that knowledge in advance would you recommend them "exploring" the cruise terminal waiting area or spending an extra hour or 2 at the hotel's pool, a minor attraction, or a local restaurant.

No, I wouldn't go to the port that early then and I would explore the area instead. Did not know Journey cruises boarded later. I don't think the OP does either because the post mentioned rooms being ready at 1:30. Why do Journey cruises board so late?

FYI, this cruise does have a 6:00 p.m. departure time.

Some hotels you can check out as late as 4. Since I'm usually only staying in a hotel one night, chances are I didn't get to see that much of the city. Before my last cruise, I got to see a LOT before I boarded.

Every time I have boarded the ship as early as possible, it was chaos. Chances are the room isn't ready either. To me, FTTF is a silly concept just so I can get to my room quicker. On my last cruise out of PR, I went to the Rainforest, and spent time downtown before sailing. Not only was that more memorable, but it was cheaper than FTTF.

We are planning to go on a journey cruise next year. My husband has somewhat of a mobility issue and I would hope we can try to begin our boarding procress as soon as we arrive without having to wait & wait. Do passengers truly have to stick to their exact appointment time or are those times more like “suggested” boarding times like they, in truth, turn out to be on some other lines? I sure hope so.

I hope that Carnival will assist you on getting on the ship earlier. Similar to when boarding a plane they always let those with mobility issues get on first so that they do not get stuck in the crowds. Crossing my fingers for you.

This is interesting. I too checked in today for my cruise in November 2018. My cruise is on the Splendor out of Long Beach California and today, August 5, was the first day one can do "check in". The earliest time slot was the same 12 to 12:30. I thought to myself "wow, I must have missed the early slots". I also thought "gosh, how many people could have possibly "checked in" before me this morning?". Makes me wonder if this is the earliest slot they have. Anyone know?

The boarding process for those with mobility issues varies with departure port.

Some will do an ad hoc type of priority processing and/or have a separate HC boarding of the ship, within your arrival appointment time. Others just allow those with oblivious physical mobility handicaps (using a wheel chair or scooter) to enter the terminal as soon as they arrive, but still have the disabled person board with the general masses based on their boarding pass type, priority vs general.

To further complicate things, in some cases the terminal will separate those with mobility issues that can board under their own violation or with only members of their family/group helping them, from those requesting crew assistance.

OVERALL the best thing to do is read reviews of how a specific departure port handles HC passengers. In many cases the terminal is handling many different cruise lines, using the same port personnel. So it doesn't matter if the overview/review is written by someone traveling on a different ship or cruise line.

This is interesting. I too checked in today for my cruise in November 2018. My cruise is on the Splendor out of Long Beach California and today, August 5, was the first day one can do "check in". The earliest time slot was the same 12 to 12:30. I thought to myself "wow, I must have missed the early slots". I also thought "gosh, how many people could have possibly "checked in" before me this morning?". Makes me wonder if this is the earliest slot they have. Anyone know?

We don't have FTTF for our next cruise and our check in day is coming in a few weeks. Are people jumping on there at midnight eastern for the earliest times? I'm wondering about this too.

We don't have FTTF for our next cruise and our check in day is coming in a few weeks. Are people jumping on there at midnight eastern for the earliest times? I'm wondering about this too.
Yes, people that are concerned that the earliest arrival appointments will be gone by morning are jumping on at the stroke of midnight Eastern time to get their time slot.

Others wait till morning their time, and some have found the early arrival appointments still there others have found them booked up.

Online check-in day is also a good time to see if FttF opens back up. Some passengers as they secure early arrival appointments, will cancel their FttF. ( that's all they wanted it for.) The computer does not immediately return the available FttF back to the excursion page. But do check every couple of hours as it is done in batches, every few hours, if FttF privileges are important to you.

I did this 14 day cruise last October, there were 278 Diamonds on board and 1,111 platinum's. They do get the earliest boarding times. So that is probably why you got noon.

But Galveston has moved all boarding times back by an hour. We use to always get 10:00 - 10:30 boarding. Now it is always 11 - 11:30

We are on the same cruise. I checked Saturday evening at 9:10. The earliest available check in time was 12 to 12:30. I find it hard to believe that the early check in times were gone in the first 10 minutes they were available. Perhaps 12 to12:30 is the earliest check in time.

We are on the same cruise. I checked Saturday evening at 9:10. The earliest available check in time was 12 to 12:30. I find it hard to believe that the early check in times were gone in the first 10 minutes they were available. Perhaps 12 to12:30 is the earliest check in time.

That's what we got this afternoon, 12 to 12:30, and we are platinum if that means anything!

You got the earliest.

Excitement used to make me wake up and go right to the port...I would wait in lines and the process was daunting. Experience has taught me to wait until about 2pm to board. I get right on without standing in line. I'll do this every time now.