Getting Off the Summit

iceburg1

You will need to be out of your stateroom by 8:30 and off the ship by 10:00 latest. Boarding for the next itinerary starts about 11:00 and the ship needs to be empty of passengers and cleared with customs from your itinerary prior to that.

The very same lack of rush you have to leave is the same rush the next passengers have to start their cruise - which you will feel when you board. Don't think you will want anyone from the prior itinerary delaying your process......:)

I have browse several itineraries all say arrival 8:00AM, don't know at what time the last passenger disembark the ship, but

Cape Liberty Cruise Port says that The cruise terminal pre-boarding lounge opens at 10:30AM

My mistake. You are right. Arrival at Bayonne is at 8:00 am on June 27. So should I assume 10:00 or 10:30 for last passenger disembarkation for purposes of scheduling our car service pickup?

We just got off of Summit on Sunday 6-10. The ship docked at 7 am. Breakfast began at 6 am. You have to leave your stateroom by 8am. Disembarkation began about 8:15 for those who were going off with their luggage unassisted. The next group off was the folks that had flights to catch. Then most had assigned times beginning at about 9 am. We went off at 9:10 but had to wait in the terminal for our luggage. The luggage wasn't there until about 9:40. Then you have to go through customs which took about 20 mins because there was a separate line for people using porters. We finally got into our limo at 10. It was very disorganized, as usual. And the terminal people for the most part were rude.

My mistake. You are right. Arrival at Bayonne is at 8:00 am on June 27. So should I assume 10:00 or 10:30 for last passenger disembarkation for purposes of scheduling our car service pickup?

You should plan on being off by 10:00 latest as I previously indicated. It isn't as much when the ship gets into port as it is when the next itinerary's passengers begin to board, which in our experience with Summit in Bayonne is about 11:00.

Unlike the previous poster's experience, ours has been just the opposite - in particular since the terminal was updated a few years ago. Bayonne is very easy in and out and we did not have to wait for our luggage, and customs was easy.

Part of the problem this time (we've done this cruise three times before in the last 4 years) was that eventhough everyone received a disembark time, people just walked of whenever, causing a huge log jam in the terminal before the luggage was all out.

OP, you may be "in no rush to leave", but in reality, X wants you out! Nothing is functioning for the departing passengers....just eat breakfast early and get out. That's the way it feels.

You must be out of your rooms by 8am....last 2 X cruises we were told 7am, but everyone pushed it to 8.

We were on Summit on a B2B, and everyone getting off was off before 10.

It's really no fun on disembark day to try to stay as long as you can. Eventually you will feel unwelcome.

We sailed on Summit May 13-20. We docked approximately 8 am. They did not even start walk off disembarkation until 8:45 am (it was originally scheduled for 8:15 am). We had tag blue #9 and we got off an hour later at 9:45 am (original time said 8:55 am so almost an hour late). Disembarkation was very slow for some reason. By the time we got our luggage and got through customs we were at our car around 10:25 am.

I don't have any idea what time the last people got off but had to be after 10 am since tag numbers went up into the 20s.

We sailed on Summit May 13-20. We docked approximately 8 am. They did not even start walk off disembarkation until 8:45 am (it was originally scheduled for 8:15 am). We had tag blue #9 and we got off an hour later at 9:45 am (original time said 8:55 am so almost an hour late). Disembarkation was very slow for some reason. By the time we got our luggage and got through customs we were at our car around 10:25 am.

I don't have any idea what time the last people got off but had to be after 10 am since tag numbers went up into the 20s.

We were on the same cruise. Heard that the delay was because the luggage was not in the terminal at the time the ship was cleared. Everyone had to wait, including the walk off folks. Not sure why but when we went by Michael's club the line was wrapped around there and all the way down the hall with the walk off people and it was after 9:00. We were B2B and were supposed to be in the Randavous Lounge at 9:30 but they told us to come after we heard them call number 26 (there were 31 numbers). We went there close to 10:30 and there were still folks getting off the ship!

We also had to wait for luggage, slow process, too many passengers. At least there were no forms to fill out for customs. All they did was look at passport, look at our faces and wished us a safe trip

We also had to wait for luggage, slow process, too many passengers. At least there were no forms to fill out for customs. All they did was look at passport, look at our faces and wished us a safe trip

If you are referring to Summit, the terminal was designed in its recent remodel to handle RCI Anthem which holds 2-1/2 times the passenger load of Summit and does so efficiently. In our experience with several RCI and Celebrity cruises out of Bayonne we have not had any issues or delays. Perhaps your situation was unique or the result of other issues.

If you are referring to Summit, the terminal was designed in its recent remodel to handle RCI Anthem which holds 2-1/2 times the passenger load of Summit and does so efficiently. In our experience with several RCI and Celebrity cruises out of Bayonne we have not had any issues or delays. Perhaps your situation was unique or the result of other issues.

We've done at least 20 cruises from Bayonne. The worst disembarkation we ever had was on our first Anthem cruise March 2016, 2nd was our Silhouette cruise March 2012. This May 13-20 Summit cruise was bad but not the worst by any means. I believe they had problems getting the luggage off the ship because our outside stateroom window was right near where they off load it and I could see they kept having problems with the fork lift or whatever use to bring off the pallets.