Summit Apple Store

Educators2

We were on Summit in March with the same issue you have, too much on-board credit. We went to the Apple store and were a bit disappointed in the selection of IPads available. Had a couple of the Pros, in a pinkish color only. They are very limited in how much they will or can carry. We ended up spending our dollars elsewhere. Good luck to you.

For anyone on Summit now or just off, does the Apple store sell IPads? We have a lot of on board credit and would prefer to buy another iPad than just spend on stuff we don’t need.

Thanks.

Currently onboard. Asked this question two days ago. Late 2017 10.5 inch (?) or is it 10.3?, 64gb and 256gb iPad Pro in stock. The size is just a smidge larger than my iPad Air2 but with a larger screen, less bezel. These of course are WiFi only, they can’t sell cellular-capable systems with no way to link them to a cell service vendor. As I recall the 256 version was $799. Which should be the same as a shoreside Apple store.

I haven’t decided yet if I will reduce their inventory by one unit...

Stan

Yes the price would be the same, but there would be no state sales tax, so there is quite a bit of cost saving there.

Also, generally if you buy your new iPad early in the cruise and don't have an internet plan already as one of your perks, they give you quite a bit of internet and will help you with set up, migrating your email and photos, etc.

Also, generally if you buy your new iPad early in the cruise and don't have an internet plan already as one of your perks, they give you quite a bit of internet and will help you with set up, migrating your email and photos, etc.[/quite]

Not on Eclipse in 2015. I bought a 125g iPad mini and asked about ‘free internet’ to enable me to set it up, but I was told NO.

Excellent deal though, as the exchange rate was good, which saved me a lot and no VAT (20%) to pay. I just had to make sure I was below £390, which is the Customs allowance for bringing goods into UK. Above that and you pay full VAT.