Copenagen Cruise Port to Airport.

Its not possible to prebook a taxi at Oceankaj, the port authority and the taxi companies has a system in place where the terminal agents manage how many taxies there is needed.

But else you can contact the people at cphlimo.dk. to see what price they take for the service.

At the airport the central security has just been expanded and a passenger bridge connecting the metro station and the central security will open this summer relieveing pressure on the terminal floor at Terminal 3.

How long is the Taxi line usually at the port after the cruise? We have a flight at 12:30 to Amsterdam; I was planning to disembark around 9:30 after breakfast. Will this be enough time to wait for a taxi and get to the airport or should I allow more time?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What date is it.

Factors like part how many ships in port or part of the week is very big factors.

If its a Monday to Friday morning you have to compete with all the businesses around central Copenhagen for a taxi.

If its a weekend or public holiday they will be closed, so the availability for a taxi will be better.

A new and better taxi regulation started this year making it easier to get a taxi license for the drivers, do there should be more taxi'son the streets in the busy hours.

But lets see when the cruise season starts, I will look for reports or possibly look with my own eyes.

Your ship is the only one in port and that helps alot, but I´m not saying that you can just walk down and pick up a taxi.

There shouldn´t be that big lines as Disney Magicis no the biggest ship but 20-40 minutes is not unheard off.

But I will monitor the situation and report back in the new Copenhagen thread when I get it started.

Danish Viking - first off, I just want to thank you for all the helpful info you always take the time to post. We are on NCL Breakaway on 8/27, and were very worried about getting a taxi back to the airport for a 12:00 flight on 9/5. As we are a family of 4 adults, with 4 large luggages, we decided to reserve a private mini-van to pick us up at the port. Our travel agent is charging $195 for the private car service, which I think it a lot - but checking some of the private car services in Copenhagen, that price seems to be pretty much in line with other companies. I know a taxi would cost around $70 - but the stress of possibly waiting in line for one that fits all of us, then getting to the airport possibly later than we wanted is not worth the pressure for us after (hopefully) enjoying a great vacation. As we had to pay for it in advance, I am just chalking it up to part of my cruise cost!:)

Ric, WDW, a couple years ago, we disembarked Disney Magic at Oceankaj. We had a 12:30 pm flight. We had initially planned to book a private car, which had taken us to Oceankaj from Copenhagen. However, we later decided to use Disney Transport. There was 6 of us. It was pouring rain (luckily our cruise was mostly dry), and I saw a line of people waiting for taxis. The line didn't look very long, but it was really pouring. We were grateful to have an easy boarding onto the Disney Busses. I think our transport fee was $40 per person, but I really don't remember.

I'm always nervous about international flights, so we left with the first transports in the morning, around 8 or 8:30. Our friends arrived about 45 minutes later. All in all, we reached our gate about 10:30 am, so we had plenty of time.

WDW, using our timline, your 9:30 departure might put you at the gate around 12 noon. The airport was pretty busy the day we departed (on a Wednesday). I've heard of both long and short taxi lines. Also, our driver said that some days, the taxis are extra busy and scarce if there are city events.

Thank you all for the advice. I am going to inquire tomorrow about how much the cruise ship transfer option is. What is the approximate Taxi cost from the port to the airport?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I called up NCL, and they quoted me $20 pp for the bus. ($80 total for us) I think it is $30 if you wait until onboard to reserve it. The problem is - they wouldn't even let me reserve it, as they said there has to be at least a 5 hour "gate" between our porting and flight. The rep we spoke with said if we dock at 7, and the ship needs around 1 hour to get cleared, and 8 a.m. is too late for us to make our 12 pm flight- even if we took our luggage off ourselves and got on the first bus. Again - rather than stress over timing, we went the safe (but definitely more expensive) route.

We are on Royal Caribbean Serenade of The Seas arriving back on June 3. Our ship docks at 7 and the flight is at 12. I booked the flight through Royal's air program. And i decided on using Royal's transfer to the airport. Does anyone think this will be a problem making the flight? I am crazy anal about time and I'm way nervous about this.

Is it a european flight or intercontinental (or British).

For intercontinental flights they recommend you to be at the airport 2-3 hours before.

Last summer they did not scan all passports but now they are required to scan each passport so it takes a longer time.

Each passport takes 15-20 seconds to scan and if 2-3000 passengers are departing in the same timeframe you can do the math.

As I recall they have installed 10 automatic passport scanners (so called E-Gates) but they still have the old fashioned with a person checkin.dk the passport. :D

We are staying in Copenhagen pre-cruise and post-cruise, one night each. What is best way (other than the obvious taxi) to get from Copenhagen Central Train Station to the Cruise Port and vice versa? Is there Uber? Is there a bus ? What is the cost of a taxi between Port and Central Train Station?

I thought a Port review here might include something about hotels. Would that be bad procedure?

I would start a new thread as your question may be missed in this one that is not about hotels

My cruise on the Breakaway returns to Copenhagen May 29th a Tuesday and I booked an 11:50 return flight to the US through Amsterdam. I am now a bit concerned after reading many of these posts. Can anyone recommend a private car service that they used that was reliable. On our last cruise out of Barcelona I used a taxi, but my friends hired a car that never showed and they barley made our flight.

Thank you.