Tell me about the Sun

mkcurran

I could, but I'm not a fan of hand washing or stiff line dried drawers. But there is reasonable priced laundry service, so it's all good. :)
but sometimes it is the best option. I do agree with you, I would rather send them out and having enough underwear for a 2 week cruise would be a challenge to say the least.

• 4 weeks later...
Wondering about what to pack for two weeks on the sun around the horn

Suggestion - pack for the first 8-10 days - send out laundry using the bundled deal or free with Platinum

status mid cruise to have the remaining 6-4 days to wear clean fresh clothes.

I think that the trip mid-cruise around the horn will have similar weather like summer Alaska - readers comments ?

The trip around the horn is just about the same distance from the equator as the Alaska glacier fields.

Start and end of cruise warmer than the actual transit around the horn.

Can't stand the heat - get out of the kitchen (galley) an up on deck.

Weather outside frightful - then come on inside and view it from the observation lounge.

The NCL SUN is one of the best ships for this cruise having both forward and aft * observation decks

*Great Outdoors

Wondering about what to pack for two weeks on the sun around the horn

When are you sailing? We're doing Santiago to Buenos Aires on 20th January 2018 - 3 weeks today although we leave Scotland on 17th January so the search for all available underwear will commence in the very near future ... :*

There is a walking trail in Scotland, the West Highland Way, that involves hiking some 90 miles+ over 7-10 days and you are pretty much limited to what you can carry in your rucksack. A former work colleague (Anne) did this trip and was giving us a brief rundown of what it involved; a fellow co-worker (Marie,who is probably the most prim/coy person on the planet ... and extremely squeamish) made a very tentative enquiry of how Anne managed for clean underwear on the hike.

Anne, who was much more robust, replied, 'Nae bother - Day 1, wear them right side; Day 2 turn them inside out; Day 3 - swap with someone else ..'

Marie's face was a picture - took her quite a few minutes to clear the mental image :evilsmile:.

• 3 months later...
Yes the Owners Suite 1203 on the NCL SUN was and is to die for !

Separate living room converts to 2nd bedroom

2 commodes - 1 in the bathroom and 1 at the entry door .

You do mean toilets I hope. ;) It looks like there's a small guest toilet/sink on the floor plan but I haven't found a 2nd toilet listed anywhere on NCL website.

My sister-in-law will be sleeping on the convertible sofa so I'm hoping she'll have her own toilet during the night.

You do mean toilets I hope. ;) It looks like there's a small guest toilet/sink on the floor plan but I haven't found a 2nd toilet listed anywhere on NCL website.

My sister-in-law will be sleeping on the convertible sofa so I'm hoping she'll have her own toilet during the night.

Refer back to the floor plan - look in the bathroom with double sink - large bath tub - shower - and voila the

2nd commode (OK toilet if your prefer) - I was trying to keep the description out of the SSS (ships sewer system).

The purpose for the 2nd toilet would be of the most use when either one or both of the adjoining cabins are

shared and more butts would require heads facilities.

That convertible sofa sleeper is great without deploying the bed within - caught many a short nap waiting for the

Butler to come spoil me with afternoon treats.

Beware the door bell can not be ignored - it is loud !

As for other noise features enjoy the Bose surround sound entertainment.

Unless during the dry-dock it was changed the DVD player is near the wet bar and the CDs are in a cabinet

to the right of the desk adjacent to the convertible sofa - Ask the Butler for DVDs.

With the dry-dock renovations perhaps the SUN went to inhouse Video (DVD) on demand no disks required.

The center desk drawer should have brand new binoculars - I found that the ones provided were in really sad

shape and had the Concierge replace with new - don't tell the Bridge we swapped ! LOL !

Like most balcony cabins when the balcony doors are open and also the cabin passageway door beware of

the tremendous surge of air moving blowing things especially when underway into the wind - that 25 foot

balcony funnels the wind into a tunnel thru the cabin and if the cabin door is not held secure will slam it hard

and fast - keep hands and fingers clear.

If you attend the Meet & Greet for your cruise and there is an opportunity for a Cabin Crawl Please consider

on sharing the features and floor plan with other M&G guests. There are only -2- of these cabins on the SUN.