Vista - 7 day with 3 sea days

Horizon - 6 day with 2 sea days

Vista - leaves out of Galveston

Horizon - leaves out of Miami

Here's the biggest difference -

Vista is about $600 more (Havana)

looking at Havana for both - either interior or balcony

Thoughts?

(We live in AZ so would have to fly to either port)

Considering they are essentially the same ship, just splurge a little and do the extra day on the Vista. Miami is essentially and generally more money to fly into and out of so some savings may be loss there anyhow if you went the Horizon route. Less Havana Cabins on the Vista too so a slightly smaller crowd in that area versus Horizon.

I would have to see the total cost, including travel to make a determination. So far, I'd go with the Horizon. The boat difference is negligible (but hey, you get the new one). Miami is a more fun port IMO, if you're spending a night. If you're really saving $600 in the end, I'd pocket that money and put it towards another cruise. If the cost different ends up being smaller, that extra day may be worth it.

Considering they are essentially the same ship, just splurge a little and do the extra day on the Vista. Miami is essentially and generally more money to fly into and out of so some savings may be loss there anyhow if you went the Horizon route. Less Havana Cabins on the Vista too so a slightly smaller crowd in that area versus Horizon.

Really? I thought they were same ship. How many additional HC on Horizon?

Really? I thought they were same ship. How many additional HC on Horizon?
18: Carnival Horizon is also expanding the Havana section of the ship and adding 18 more cabins in the aft of decks 6, 8 and 9, so there will be a slight configuration change from sister ship Carnival Vista.

The change designates two interior cabins, 12 aft-view extended balcony cabins and four premium vista balcony cabins as part of the Havana section. Passengers who book Havana cabin have exclusive access during the day to the Havana bar and pool area."

18: Carnival Horizon is also expanding the Havana section of the ship and adding 18 more cabins in the aft of decks 6, 8 and 9, so there will be a slight configuration change from sister ship Carnival Vista.

The change designates two interior cabins, 12 aft-view extended balcony cabins and four premium vista balcony cabins as part of the Havana section. Passengers who book Havana cabin have exclusive access during the day to the Havana bar and pool area."

Thanks - so Carnival just reassigned cabins that were not designated as Havana on Vista to be Havana on Horizon. I wonder if that means Carnival will be making similar change on Vista soon as it doesn't look like those existing rooms on Vista are different in size on Horizon.

Trying to decide between the two....here are the "stats"

-both are Western and go to same ports

DIfferences:

Vista - 7 day with 3 sea days

Horizon - 6 day with 2 sea days

Vista - leaves out of Galveston

Horizon - leaves out of Miami

Here's the biggest difference -

Vista is about $600 more (Havana)

looking at Havana for both - either interior or balcony

Thoughts?

(We live in AZ so would have to fly to either port)

Havana is the way to go.