Caribbean or Mediterranean? What would you choose?

kuxiam

Also, take in the total budget. Port days in med tend to be more expensive then the caribean.

The only think the 2 choices involve is a ship.

Like asking me to pick between fries and a piece of chocolate cake.

Both are good. But what am i in the mood for.

I like the idea of repositioning

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Have you compared the price of flights?

I have. Way more expensive than flying to Fort Lauderdale getting our own roundtrip airfare. We use miles usually, but still, it's way more miles. I haven't checked one way only flights, as someone on this thread suggested, saying it was way cheaper that way. And I haven't checked the price using the cruise airfare. I will have to check into both of those

Why not do both, check out repo's or a transatlantic. As a example Royal Caribbean has a 15 day TA that leaves Florida in April visits 5 Caribbean islands and then has 10 seas days to Barcelona. There are also cruises that start in Copenhagen spend a week in Europe and then 8-10 days to Fll. or New York. One way airfare using the cruise lines flight programs are extremely cheap. We just booked one way Ca. to Barcelona Business class for 675.00 per person. Economy fares were all in the $250.00 range for most major airlines. Always book 2 one way flights for the best prices. happy cruising

Thanks for the suggestions on how to get cheaper airfare! I hadn't thought of either of them!

Hi Kuxiam,

I am from the Seattle area as well so certainly understand the need for sun. I vote the Med. I went for the first time two years ago with my Mom and S-daughter. It was an amazing trip. My husband and I are heading back in early May. We had originally booked the Caribbean and changed it. I am so happy we did. I did a ton of research for the first trip and now for this one as well. Reach out if you have any specific questions.

Nanci

Hi Kuxiam,

I am from the Seattle area as well so certainly understand the need for sun. I vote the Med. I went for the first time two years ago with my Mom and S-daughter. It was an amazing trip. My husband and I are heading back in early May. We had originally booked the Caribbean and changed it. I am so happy we did. I did a ton of research for the first trip and now for this one as well. Reach out if you have any specific questions.

Nanci

Thanks!

Med. For fun in the sun, fly to Hawaii >>> Caribbean cruise, it's not even close.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Or, even San Diego -- great beaches.

We have been on several trips to the Med during springtime. It is a great time to go IMO.

Why not do both, check out repo's or a transatlantic. As a example Royal Caribbean has a 15 day TA that leaves Florida in April visits 5 Caribbean islands and then has 10 seas days to Barcelona. There are also cruises that start in Copenhagen spend a week in Europe and then 8-10 days to Fll. or New York. One way airfare using the cruise lines flight programs are extremely cheap. We just booked one way Ca. to Barcelona Business class for 675.00 per person. Economy fares were all in the $250.00 range for most major airlines. Always book 2 one way flights for the best prices. happy cruising

Nicely done and thanks for sharing!