RCI Explorer Of The Seas Vlog

Hi everyone! I wanted to share the vlog of my first Royal Caribbean cruise, on the Explorer of the Seas. This video follows embarkation day in Seattle and day 2 up until the ice skating show which is what blew me away more than anything else!

I will post part 2 here once finished. :)

My first two cruises were Explorer. What a great ship and crew!!! So many great memories.

It really is an amazing ship, the crew, entertainment, and onboard experience were a great first impression of RCI for me! 👌

Hi everyone! I wanted to share the vlog of my first Royal Caribbean cruise, on the Explorer of the Seas. This video follows embarkation day in Seattle and day 2 up until the ice skating show which is what blew me away more than anything else!

I will post part 2 here once finished. :)

Explorer to this day is one of my favorites along with Empress went on Explorer back in 06 great ship and crew.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Forums mobile app

This will be our first RCI cruise and I was/am a little concerned b/c Explorer doesn't seem to be one of the big "WOW" ships and it will be me and my kids (12&16). But, we are doing a port-intensive itinerary (Baltic) and will be off the ship most of the time and (likely) ready for bed when on the ship, so I decided to go with it. We do have 4 sea days so I'm hoping there's enough to wow them on those days.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This will be our first RCI cruise and I was/am a little concerned b/c Explorer doesn't seem to be one of the big "WOW" ships and it will be me and my kids (12&16). But, we are doing a port-intensive itinerary (Baltic) and will be off the ship most of the time and (likely) ready for bed when on the ship, so I decided to go with it. We do have 4 sea days so I'm hoping there's enough to wow them on those days.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The Explorer isn't a mega ship like the Allure or Oasis, but I do think it has plenty to offer for keeping 12 & 16 year olds entertained. I don't know if they like arcade games but I will show that area the next segment of the vlog - it is huge! I was tempted to stay in there and play to be honest. ;p Swimming, surfing and the teen center should keep them having a great time. Enjoy your vacation!

Explorer to this day is one of my favorites along with Empress went on Explorer back in 06 great ship and crew.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Forums mobile app

Empress is on my bucket list! I have only been on Explorer and Majesty so far and Explorer was by FAR the better. I'm yet to meet a cruise ship I don't like :)

Edited by So_Tweetie
spelling edit

I'm guessing this is an older video since room service was only $3.95 and there's a minibar and internet cafe. Or is Explorer different from the other ships?

We cruised in May of 2017, I believe you're right and when we ordered again later in the cruise we were told $7.95. I'll make sure to note that in the video, thanks for catching it!

I sailed in November on the Majesty and didn't have a mini-bar (also never had daily schedules delivered). I never looked for the Internet cafe --- are they getting rid of them? I still have lots to learn about RCI!

I sailed in November on the Majesty and didn't have a mini-bar (also never had daily schedules delivered). I never looked for the Internet cafe --- are they getting rid of them?

I thought I had read that on the threads here, but I could be wrong. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I sailed in November on the Majesty and didn't have a mini-bar (also never had daily schedules delivered). I never looked for the Internet cafe --- are they getting rid of them?

I thought I had read that on the threads here, but I could be wrong. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

They’ve gotten rid of the mini bar on all ships. However, you can request it when you get on the ship.

We cruised in May of 2017, I believe you're right and when we ordered again later in the cruise we were told $7.95. I'll make sure to note that in the video, thanks for catching it!

I sailed in November on the Majesty and didn't have a mini-bar (also never had daily schedules delivered). I never looked for the Internet cafe --- are they getting rid of them? I still have lots to learn about RCI!

The menus are different as well. They’ve changed from the spice menus and now have desserts listed on the same menu.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going on this ship in February next year, I was excited by the pictures I'd seen, your video has just increased that 10 fold!

Thank you for doing the blog and posting it! :D

Sorry for the delayed response, somehow I missed that there was any new postings here!

The cruise was absolutely awesome, I am sure you will have a blast! Royal Caribbean definitely will have my business in the future.

I thought recording of shows was strictly PROHIBITED; Hope you don't get caught

My camera was taking "live photos" which captures one second of footage without any sound. I put all of those pictures together and added music to give an idea of what the show was like. As far as I know that is not prohibited, and I do always try to follow the rules.