Aft Corner Neptune Suites---Eurodam/Nieuw Amsterdam

GeneBK

On Koningsdam, the aft-corner Neptune Suites can combine with the adjacent cabin. There is a door in the hallway, which when closed means the two rooms become effectively connecting.

Is this hallway door also present on the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam, so that the two adjacent rooms become a kind of “suite”???

On Koningsdam, the aft-corner Neptune Suites can combine with the adjacent cabin. There is a door in the hallway, which when closed means the two rooms become effectively connecting.

Is this hallway door also present on the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam, so that the two adjacent rooms become a kind of “suite”???

I'm in an aft corner Neptune suite aboard Nieuw Amsterdam right now... There is no connecting door to the next stateroom over.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

I'm in an aft corner Neptune suite aboard Nieuw Amsterdam right now... There is no connecting door to the next stateroom over.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

The OP is not talking about a connecting door between the rooms.

On the Koningsdam, the aft corner Neptune Suite and the adjoining Vista Suite are separated from the rest of the cabins in their own little 2 suite enclave accessed by a common door (usually always open). If that door were closed, then both suites could leave their cabin door open therefore becoming a bigger 2-room suite.

p.s. The answer to the OP's question is : No.

bUU:

Can you open the veranda dividers to the cabin next to you. We have opened the dividers for veranda cabins on other ships. We would like to do so on an aft wrap around on the Eurodam.

Can you give an insight into the relative sizes and overhead cover on the aft wraps on NAM? The bigger the better and the more cover the better.

p.s. The answer to the OP's question is : No.
Concur
Can you open the veranda dividers to the cabin next to you. We have opened the dividers for veranda cabins on other ships. We would like to do so on an aft wrap around on the Eurodam.
Yes.

Can you give an insight into the relative sizes and overhead cover on the aft wraps on NAM? The bigger the better and the more cover the better.
Pictures on halfacts.com for 4176, 5186, 7132, and 7137. Also Eurodam 5186, 6164, and 7137.

On our Panama Canal cruise on the NA last year, my good friend and shopping buddy was in Neptune Suite 6164 and there was a connecting door to the next cabin from inside the dressing room. This was on port the port side aft corner.

This particular Neptune Suite was smaller than most and had a funny configuration. It wasn’t as roomy as our SS Suite. We came to the conclusion that it used to be an SS and was rather awkwardly upgraded to a Neptune when the cabin reclassification took place a few years ago, hence the connecting door.

... 6164 and there was a connecting door to the next cabin from inside the dressing room.
Deck plans show 6173 and 6175 connecting too. Also 8167-8169.
We came to the conclusion that it used to be an SS and was rather awkwardly upgraded to a Neptune when the cabin reclassification took place a few years ago, hence the connecting door.
In a 2011-2012 catalog that I still have the stern corner suites on decks 4, 5, and 6 are all SC. 4174 and 4179 were VD and got reclassed as VC. 6162 and 6173 were VB and got downgraded to VD. Edited by catl331

Deck plans show 6173 and 6175 connecting too. Also 8167-8169.

In a 2011-2012 catalog that I still have the stern corner suites on decks 4, 5, and 6 are all SC. 4174 and 4179 were VD and got reclassed as VC. 6162 and 6173 were VB and got downgraded to VD.

Thank you for that. It’s always interesting to have your suspicions confirmed.

I've stayed in aft-wraps on both ships and did not have a connecting door.

Hey blizzardboy - I remember you from last November on the NA! You were in the pool talking, and I asked if you were blizzardboy from Cruise Critic bulletin boards. (I am remembering you correctly, right?).

Hey blizzardboy - I remember you from last November on the NA! You were in the pool talking, and I asked if you were blizzardboy from Cruise Critic bulletin boards. (I am remembering you correctly, right?).
Guilty as charged. Haven't been on this board much as we've been land based for a couple trips since Nov. We have another Nov cruise reserved, but our youngest is having her first baby mid-Oct. With trips back and forth to Denver, I'm not sure it'll happen. We'll be in San Juan, weather permitting, for the last two weeks of January if you're sailing through.

Safe travels,

Dave

We will be on basically the same cruise this Nov. I think it’s even the same week as last year. Deal we couldn’t pass up. Congrats on the grand baby. Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be on basically the same cruise this Nov. I think it’s even the same week as last year. Deal we couldn’t pass up. Congrats on the grand baby. Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked the week after Thanksgiving with the hope that 6 weeks after due date would work. However, Jean still works for a living so I'm not sure she'll be comfortable taking another week off after she spends a bunch of days in Denver. If not, it'll be a seven week countdown to San Juan. We were going there last January, but Maria sent us to St. Kitts for a couple weeks instead and we had a great time! We are excited to go back.

Sorry we'll miss you!

Dave

bUU: Can you open the veranda dividers to the cabin next to you.
Sorry, but I didn't check.

Photos attached. We were adequately covered even in the rain on the last day of our cruise.

On our Panama Canal cruise on the NA last year, my good friend and shopping buddy was in Neptune Suite 6164 and there was a connecting door to the next cabin from inside the dressing room. This was on port the port side aft corner.
We were on Deck 7.

0032.jpeg.8d2ed0b20665b20a3d6097712a59d75b.jpeg

0031.jpeg.e36aba972cd09ccf66450b659f768e89.jpeg