Lunch Embarkation - what to eat!

Reenie75

1st time Carnival cruisers. Wondering on lunch when we embark. Most go to the buffet but is there an tips or secrets on where else we can eat?

Its myself and my daughter, 10.

Sailing coming up this Saturday on the Magic. 😎

1st time Carnival cruisers. Wondering on lunch when we embark. Most go to the buffet but is there an tips or secrets on where else we can eat?

Sailing coming up this Saturday on the Magic. 😎

They go to the buffet for lunch because that's what's available on embarkation day.

Sailing coming up this Saturday on the Magic. [emoji41]

Guy’s burger, blue iguana Cantina, pizza pirate, deli. Everything in the lido area.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For me, it's usually Guy's or BlueIguana. First reason is I love them both! The second reason is that those choices of food tend to become more limited throughout the cruise as they are usually only open when you are at port. Lots of the buffet food and deli choices you will have multiple opportunities to get throughout the day.

My hubby and a few of our teens go straight to Guy's Burgers. I go to Blue Iguana for 2 chicken tacos, and our oldest son gets pizza. We all meet at a table and eat together then go to the buffet for desserts.

We ate at the buffet the first day for lunch, but I was so excited I also had tacos. I was craving Blue Iguana prior to boarding because I'd read up on its fabulousness.

Lunch was usually something simple, but we grazed all day long and enjoyed the food more than we should have (health wise) but I was happy to do it and would probably do it again. I really loved the salad bar too.