Silver Cloud evolution to Expedition ship--outstanding demand

WesW

Just checked the first page of the Silver Cloud expedition cruises (15 voyages)--if I counted correctly, more than half (9 voyages) are now WL only.

Tho the first sailing after the November refurb to an ice class ship had the fuel pump mishap, seems (still early) like the conversion to a Silversea Expedition ship is a significant success. First two cruise critic Cloud Expedition reviews are outstanding.

Look forward to reading more Cloud expedition reviews.

Just checked the first page of the Silver Cloud expedition cruises (15 voyages)--if I counted correctly, more than half (9 voyages) are now WL only. Tho the first sailing after the November refurb to an ice class ship had the fuel pump mishap, seems (still early) like the conversion to a Silversea Expedition ship is a significant success. First two cruise critic Cloud Expedition reviews are outstanding. Look forward to reading more Cloud expedition reviews.

Having done four sailings on the "old/original" Silver Cloud, it great to read this update on the "new" ship. Appreciate these postings and look forward to reading more and seeing various pictures for this 21st-centrury version of the Silver Cloud. Yes, J.P., look forward to a future chance to sail on a new version of this ship. BUT, if the Silver Cloud stays so popular, it will be harder to find certain "good values" for pricing.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean adventure that started in Barbados, here is the link for that live/blog. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.):

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 54,611 views for these postings.

Just checked the first page of the Silver Cloud expedition cruises (15 voyages)--if I counted correctly, more than half (9 voyages) are now WL only.

Tho the first sailing after the November refurb to an ice class ship had the fuel pump mishap, seems (still early) like the conversion to a Silversea Expedition ship is a significant success. First two cruise critic Cloud Expedition reviews are outstanding.

Wes, I noticed that too. Most of the upcoming voyages are WL only, including our upcoming cruise in February. Yesterday I received my cruise documents so starting to get excited. The booklet Silversea sent us has a lot of good information in it about the naturalists on board, what wildlife we may see, photos, information on the zodiac boats, and much more. Countdown begins as we are 7 weeks away!

Excited along with Bruce and u Carol. We board the cloud in May for Dublin to London tower bridge. Look very forward to sharing this voyage with longtime friends dieter and Debbie (wellseasoned) and new cruise critic friend to be Daddyo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wes, I do hope you are doing another great post of your cruise. We are looking at that Dublin to London in May 2019, specifically to see Iona and YorkMinster, both of which we seem to have missed on land trips. I don't need an expedition ship for the British Isles but this one has the best ports.

Wish we were on SS this year; had to move to Regent for similar ports due to long dry dock of Spirit.

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for the kind words on our previous SS posts. Yes, look forward to posting an on board thread when we board the Cloud Expedition in Dublin. Will include snaps of ports, guests and photos of the Cloud Expedition crew.

We were last visiting the British Isles (Shetland, Orkney Islands) on the old Cloud in the summer of 2013. For us, the other ports (xcept Dublin) will be new--we look forward to visiting. Hope to profile a few of the expedition staff as well as members of the Cloud expedition team.

Excited along with Bruce and u Carol. We board the cloud in May for Dublin to London tower bridge. Look very forward to sharing this voyage with longtime friends dieter and Debbie (wellseasoned) and new cruise critic friend to be Daddyo

/quote]

Wes, we are also looking forward to being with you and Ida again. We have been on the Cloud quite a few times and the expedition version should be great! We board in Lisbon in late April and do the Lisbon to London, London to Dublin, and Dublin to London cruises. We will try not to drink all of the good wine before you board.

Happy New Year!

Good to read your post, Wes. We head off to South America on Sunday (leaving wet and miserable Britain behind for a few weeks!) and are due to embark Silver Cloud in Ushuaia on 19 January. I'm pleased to read the early reviews which are sounding favourable:). We've done a lot of very enjoyable expedition cruising in the past two years - mainly with Noble Caledonia, a British company. In the US the equivalent business (using the same ships) is Zeghram Expeditions.

Hi Philip, and right back atcha, nice to see your posting here on the SS board too. Seems like yesterday we were on board the Spirit and Alex and you were eating next to us in the Restaurant enjoying delightful Dover sole. We sailed with Alex recently (2016) and enjoyed a lovely dinner—he shared a wonderful wine with us.

Look forward to reading how you like the Cloud Expediation vis-a-vis Noble Caledonia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk