Triumph or Fantacy in June and why

Thad409

If we are only talking about the ships, I would probably choose the Triumph because it has Dive-In-Movies. My family loves those. But, they are close enough for me that I would probably choose based on itinerary. If itinerary is the same would definitely choose the Triumph.

Thanks for the quick reply., we are booked on the Triumph on June 18th but we've sailed on the Fantasy before and I was just wondering what the comparisons are thanks again. And also just wanted to try out the bigger class of ship, thanks again just was, just was kind of scared of all the bad reviews that the Triumph gets

We were on Triumph a year ago and then Sensation (Fantasy class) a few weeks ago. Really they felt similar in overall quality to me, just a 30% larger scale of everything on Triumph. I don't think the lack of a serenity deck on Triumph is a big deal - in place of it, there is an additional, aft pool which I prefer as the midship pools and surrounding deck stay busy.

The layout of the ship is similar but a couple other things I preferred about Triumph were that the buffet had 2nd floor seating that was often far less crowded than the main floor and seemed like a lot of people didn't even realize there were more tables upstairs. The Rio show room was much larger - 3 decks rather than 2, and with much better viewing. We were in an outside stateroom on Deck 2 of Triumph and loved the 225 SF of space. On Fantasy class ships I believe all the standard rooms, inside, outside, and balcony, are 185 and we really could feel the difference. The whole atrium area felt larger as well.

These are minor preferences though. We had a great time on both ships.

Like the Fantasy class ships, the Triumph does not feel brand new by any means, but the crew works constantly to keep her clean and service overall was great on both ships. Many of the bad reviews are from people who expect something right out of the shipyards, or prefer to sail with a more refined group of fellow passengers than my low class family! I would love to try every Carnival ship and I am sure we would enjoy them all! Have fun!