Guarantee Cabin results

doconner

Booked Freedom interior guarantee for 1/4/15 during Halloween sale. Great cabin assigned today 7

394. Keeping my eye on balcony rates for a possible upgrade!

We are on the Freedom the week after you. We got an inside guarantee for $240 pp during the 12 hour sale, but have not received our rooms yet. This is our first time doing a guarantee so I am a little nervous. Sounds like like you did well!

Just upgraded 2 days ago from an interior to a guarantee balcony for $12 total. Couldn't pass it up. Got our room assignment today:

Date: January 4, 2015

Ship: Dream

Class of Guarantee: Balcony

Cabin Assigned: 8D Verandah mid ship-room 8349

Date Assigned: 12/2/2014 (33 days out)

Very excited with the result. Cant wait to tell the kids now! Hoping I can wait until we board!!

WOW how does that happen? Nine cruises and never been offered a upgrade.:(

We just booked our 7th cruise on Carnival and have never been offered an upsell. Our friends are traveling with us and this is their second cruise and they got an upsell call. They turned it down, though it was pretty good. Inside on panorama to balcony on spa deck for $200 total.

I think they upgraded themselves during one of the recent sales to a guarantee balcony cabin. We did the same thing and are on the Breeze for 8 days for $470. Still waiting to see what cabin we get.

Date Cruised: May 18, 2014

Ship: Carnival Conquest

Class: Balcony Guarantee

Cabin: 6429

Date Assigned: 24 hours after booking; upgraded to a balcony guarantee 3 weeks out

Bonus!

Thoughts on the cabin: Overall, we really enjoyed the cabin. This was our first cruise and I spent most of our free time on the balcony reading -- it was so relaxing! We booked a year out and worked our way up from a porthole to a balcony guarantee. I snagged the balcony with about three weeks left and ended up getting $100 in OBC. We got our cabin assignment within 24 hours of upgrading. The only issue was that it was over Henry's nightclub and you could hear the vibrations of the music below. However, I sleep with a travel fan and also brought ear plugs so there were no issues. I could still feel slight vibrations, but I was able to sleep fine (and I'm a light sleeper!). I'm not sure I would book a guarantee again as it could end badly, but we did like the cabin and had no big complaints.

We upgraded ourselves from inside on panorama deck to guarantee balcony on the Conquest during the 35 hour sale about a month ago. We were assigned a balcony on the lido deck today - 30 days from departure date. I love this deck and this is probably where I would have picked if I could have picked anywhere on the ship. We only paid $92 plus lost our $50 on board credit, so it was $142 total for both of us. I was driving myself crazy checking 3 times a day this past week, but it was well worth the wait. :)

Cruising Fascination 1/3. Switched to interior guarantee during Halloween sale. Assigned at 24 days out. Riviera deck aft. Would have preferred higher deck, but oh well. We'll be on a ship with some OBC, so I'm happy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Carnival Sunshine 12/31/2015

Booked OV 6D 10/14

Upgraded to Balcony Guarantee 11/14

Sale Nov. OBC 80pp

waiting for cabin assignment

Will let you know how we made out. This is only the second guarantee cabin I have booked in 15 cruises was actually in a assigned OV that Carnival upgraded to a balcony guarantee.

Will be back when the cabin is assigned

pat

murrells inlet, sc

Date: 12/6/2014

Ship: Breeze

Class of Guarantee: Oceanview

Cabin Assigned: 1406

Date Assigned: 3 weeks before sailing

I orgininally booked a 1A (no porthole) in the front of the ship for just me, but a friend decided to join me. During the Halloween guarantee sale, I took advantage of upgrading to an oceanview cabin. Three weeks before sailing, we were assigned 1406, a deluxe oceanview room. The luxury of two showers so we could get ready at the same time was fantastic! First time I've ever had more than enough closet space on a cruise. It could be a little annoying if we were up on the Lido deck and had to run allllllllll the way down to get something from the room, but all in all we were very pleased with the room and the cruise in general. :D

Edited by BklynLola
addition

SHIP. Freedom, 8 day, $240 pp Inside Guarantee

Sail DATE. Jan. 10

Date ASSIGNED. 5 weeks before sailing

CABIN. Main deck. Mid ship. Port side

SHIP. Conquest, 6 day, $189 pp. inside guarantee

SAIL DATE. January 18

DATE ASSIGNED. 35 days before sailing

CABIN. Panorama deck forward port side

Edited by kteachcruiser52

I was on the Splendor 3 times this year. Always booked last minute and always booked a guarantee.

December 27, 2013

Splendor

Balcony Guarantee

Deck 6- Forward 8A

Departure Day

July 31, 2014

Splendor

Balcony guarantee

Deck 9 - 8D

2-3 days before

October 16. 2014

Splendor

Inside Guarantee

2 days prior received cabin assignment- 4A- Yuck. Called Carnival was told to call back the next day at 5pm as I was platinum I would probably get an upgrade. So I did- didn't work so I upgrade for $40 to a 4D, Deck 6. It wasn't bad.

SHIP. Freedom 8 day, inside guarantee

SAIL DATE. January 25

DATE ASSIGNED. 34 days before sailing

CABIN. Main deck - way forward port side - under the theater.

Kinda bummed as we always book GTY's and this is the worst cabin we've ever received.

Booked "4A" and got upgraded to "4B" - woo who (sarcasm intended)

Cruise #13 on Carnival and #35 in CCL family - so I guess past passenger loyalty no longer has any bearing.

SAIL DATE. January 25

Kinda bummed as we always book GTY's and this is the worst cabin we've ever received.

Cruise #13 on Carnival and #35 in CCL family - so I guess past passenger loyalty no longer has any bearing.

I feel your pain. We booked a GTY for the Brreeze in January. This is cruise #14 on Carnival for me.

I booked and "8A" and got an "8A". I got what I paid for so I can't really complain.

Just bummed that 2 other families that I know are going and booked the same rate as I did. They got deck 9 and this is only their 3rd cruise.

I feel your pain. We booked a GTY for the Brreeze in January. This is cruise #14 on Carnival for me.

I booked and "8A" and got an "8A". I got what I paid for so I can't really complain.

Just bummed that 2 other families that I know are going and booked the same rate as I did. They got deck 9 and this is only their 3rd cruise.

I appreciate your empathy and not flaming me - telling me to not book GTY's etc.

We've just always been up on the upper decks in the past - so I was surprised / disappointed when I saw the assignment. I know it was a gamble - and I know we;ll have a great time - guess all those extra stairs will help the waist line.

and who knows - maybe the upsell fairy will call is in the next few weeks.

Edited by seabum

SAIL DATE. January 25

We're sailing with you, also GTY, but no assignment yet. I'm sorry that you are disappointed; sometimes it seems that cabin assignments are done like bingo with no rhyme or reason. I do wish you the very best cruise, whatever cabin you end up with, for you obviously love cruising and must be Platinum with CC.

Rainey and Brett