Guarantee Cabin results

doconner

We booked during the 36 hour sale too for our upcoming December cruise and haven't received our assigned cabin yet. Ths is the FIRST time EVER letting carnival pick for us and we're nervous but excited at the same time, lol. Im shocked that my husband even took the risk.

We booked during the 36 hour sale too for our upcoming December cruise and haven't received our assigned cabin yet. Ths is the FIRST time EVER letting carnival pick for us and we're nervous but excited at the same time, lol. Im shocked that my husband even took the risk.

Us too.... and when I got Deck 6 Aft Balcony I feel a lot better now. Upper is the deck I perfer sandwiched between 2 other sleeping decks and very little noise.:D

We sail in 31 days and just got our cabin assignment. We booked Oct 1st for a Dec 13th cruise. We are sailing with friends and we both booked inside guarantee. They are in cabin E57 and we are in E201. Love the Emperess deck and the location is very convenient to getting to the Lido deck, right by stairs/elevators.

• 2 weeks later...

Date: Dec. 28,02014

Ship: Dream

Class of Guarantee: Balcony and Interior

Cabin Assigned: 6294 (8B) and 6316 (4E) Both midship and just a few feet from each other!

Date Assigned: 34 days before sailing

I'm very pleased with these cabins - similar locations to what I would have chosen myself. Because I gave up an aft-wrap balcony, I have an onboard credit of $1500 from that room, and saved $600 off my balance due on the interior room for a total savings of $2100 - by far my biggest discount ever using early saver. :D

Date: Dec. 28,02014

Class of Guarantee: Balcony and Interior

Cabin Assigned: 6294 (8B) and 6316 (4E) Both midship and just a few feet from each other!

Date Assigned: 34 days before sailing

I'm very pleased with these cabins - similar locations to what I would have chosen myself. Because I gave up an aft-wrap balcony, I have an onboard credit of $1500 from that room, and saved $600 off my balance due on the interior room for a total savings of $2100 - by far my biggest discount ever using early saver. :D

Wow, thats great. We sail on December 28th too on conquest but are still waiting for our cabin assignment. How did they notify you?

Just checked my booking and cabins have been assigned. Switched to a balcony guarantee during the Halloween sale October 30th from inside 4J. Got $450 OBC/cabin

Carnival Dream Dec 28th category 8D aft on deck 9, two cabins five doors apart. Couldn't be better.

Edited by 506canuck

Date: Feb 9 & 20 B2B (*Booked many months ago in assigned OV, then switched to GTY during the 35 hour sale on Nov 18th)

Ship: Carnival Triumph

Class of Guarantee: OV Guarantee

Cabin Assigned: none yet - made final payments yesterday

Date Assigned: still waiting, and hoping that both segments of the B2B will be in the same room :)

As soon as we get our assignment, I'll post it here.

The only other time we've taken a gty was on our South American NCL cruise: booked an inside gty and about 60 days before the cruise we were assigned a handicap inside. We called NCL right away to notify them we didn't need HC, but they said if they needed it for someone else, they would bump us. Never happened, and during the cruise we heard from a couple whose wheelchair confined father could not cruise with them because "there were no more HC rooms available" 4 weeks before the cruise. I felt so guilty!! :(

Date: January 4, 2015 (booked since october 2013)

Ship: Conquest

Class of Guarantee: Balcony

Cabin Assigned: 8D Verandah Aft - Port side

Date Assigned: Saw it yesterday, so around 34 days before sailing

First time having a balcony and second cruise so I have no idea if this is a good location. It seems to be just under the pizza and Lido restaurant so I guess we can expect some noise throught out the day but we probably won't be in our cabin that much anyway. It also means we will be close to the food. :)

Just upgraded 2 days ago from an interior to a guarantee balcony for $12 total. Couldn't pass it up. Got our room assignment today:

Date: January 4, 2015

Cabin Assigned: 8D Verandah mid ship-room 8349

Date Assigned: 12/2/2014 (33 days out)

Very excited with the result. Cant wait to tell the kids now! Hoping I can wait until we board!!

Just upgraded 2 days ago from an interior to a guarantee balcony for $12 total. Couldn't pass it up. Got our room assignment today:

Date: January 4, 2015

Cabin Assigned: 8D Verandah mid ship-room 8349

Date Assigned: 12/2/2014 (33 days out)

Very excited with the result. Cant wait to tell the kids now! Hoping I can wait until we board!!

Just got our assigned room for our 1-11-15 Pride sailing. Booked gty balcony as we were going to book cheapest balcony anyway. Very happy with results, we got 8128! A bit more forward than we would've liked but up high which is awesome!! We'll take it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booked about two months ago for late Jan Cruise.

No assignment yet -

We've booked GTY's a lot in the past and typically we would have our assignment by now.

Though sometimes it was around the 30 day window.

Waiting anxiously to see where they put us and really hoping for the upsell fairy to call.

(if Funship Freddy is reading this - please pass along to the parties that be - pretty please)

checking every few days - wish us luck

and smooth sailing everyone.

Date: Feb 9 & 20 B2B (*Booked many months ago in assigned OV, then switched to GTY during the 35 hour sale on Nov 18th)

Ship: Carnival Triumph

Class of Guarantee: OV Guarantee

Cabin Assigned: assigned OV 6B, same room for both segments, and THRILLED with the room - it's the exact same one we had originally picked, large corner aft! Couldn't be happier with the results!! :D

Date Assigned: today, 68 days before sailing

Date: 12/27/14 - Originally booked 4G Lido Interior cabin in January 2014. Switched to IS guarantee during Cyber Monday Flash Sale 12/1/14

Ship: Carnival Glory

Class of Guarantee: IS Guarantee

Cabin Assigned: 4G Lido Interior - same cabin I have had booked since January

Date Assigned: 12/2/14 - 25 days prior to sailing, but 1 day after switching to new sale.

We were able to score $240 OBC then got assigned to the exact same cabin. I'm beyond happy with the sale! I think it's because our bookings were linked with 3 other cabins. We were the only one who gambled with the sale, so believe we were placed close to our linked cabins.