Guarantee Cabin results

doconner

• 4 weeks later...

Sail date: Jan. 2, 2017

Ship: Carnival Pride

Inside guarantee

Cabin *first* assigned date: Dec. 7, 2016

Cabin *first* assigned: 6104 (port forward, 4C)

Cabin reassigned date: Dec. 8, 2016

Cabin reassigned: 4202 (port aft, 4K)

I just happened to notice today that my assigned cabin is different from what it was yesterday. The new room is a handicap-accessible room. I suppose it could be taken from me and reassigned yet again if someone needs it.

• 2 months later...

Sail Date: 4/16/2017

Ship: Pride

Class of Guarantee: Inside

Cabin Assignment: Empress Deck - 4D

Date Assigned: 49 days to sail date

Pretty happy with this assignment, got the last inside on deck 6, plenty of 4A & 4C still available. Might have gotten this one because it's on the same deck as our linked Balcony.

Date: April 15, 2017

Cruise booked: approximately February 1, 2017

Ship: Sunshine

Guaranty Category: Ocean View

Room Assignment: Category 6B, Deck 1 midship port

Days preceding sailing: 46

Very solid room assignment. We prefer Deck 1 for an OV. While not 100% sure, likely crew quarters below us on zero. Saved about $75 by allowing Carnival to pick.

• 3 weeks later...

Date: April 22, 2017

Cruise booked: approximately February 20, 2017 (Booked through big box travel agency)

Ship: Vista

Room Assignment: Category 6M, Deck 1 Aft Starboard. (Deluxe Ocean View)

Days preceding sailing: 39

So basically we received an upgraded cabin! I am very happy with what they gave us. We saved money by allowing them to choose and were upgraded to boot.

Date: May 14, 2017

Cruise booked: March 6, 2017

Ship: Pride

Room Assignment: Midship Ocean View, starboard

Days preceding sailing: 51 days

We are happy with this room, I was worried we would get a room right outside of the comedy lounge or the nightclub. This room is in a good spot, not too close to public areas, starboard side closer to the forward elevators. I was hoping for an upgrade, as I'm sure we all are, but this is good too, and we got a great rate :)

Date: January 15, 2017

Cruise booked: November 9, 2016

Ship: Conquest

Room Assignment: 1452

Days preceding sailing: 45 days

This cabin is the last cabin aft on Deck 1. While it is roomy, there is major noise coming from the tow lines/machinery/etc. when docking.

I haven't booked a GTY cabin in many years, but when I was younger and cruising on a very small budget I booked them all the time usually as an Inside GTY. One time I was cruising with a co-worker who is pretty claustrophobic, so she wanted to get an Oceanview cabin. We were on (i think) the Fascination (could've been the Ecstasy though) doing a 4-day Key West/Cozumel sailing. This was back when you would get the blue book of cruise docs in the mail and before online booking was a big thing. Carnival would actually mail out their big, colorful brochures which had pics of all of the ships and deck plans. I carried mine with me in my luggage even. We didn't get our cabin assignment until we got to the port. When they gave us our cabin number, I pulled out the Carnival brochure and looked up the deck plans and couldn't believe it when I saw that we had been upgraded to a Grand Suite! I was convinced they had made a mistake and would be coming to find us to take our room key away! lol But they never did. It was a nice little treat!

• 1 month later...

Date: June 3, 2017

Ship: Glory

Class of Guarantee: 8B

Cabin Assigned: (or deck and cabin type if you don't want to share cabin numbers) 8B

Date Assigned: (i.e. 3 weeks after booking.... 1 week before saildate.... at the dock) 45 days prior - looks like a great cabin!

• 2 weeks later...

Date: 2017-07-23

Ship: Carnival Vista

Class of Guarantee: Balcony Guarantee

Cabin Assigned: Balcony - Deck 9 - 8E

Date Assigned: 40 days prior to sailing

Was very nervous booking guarantee(first time), but absolutely thrilled with this cabin. (location etc...)