Guarantee Cabin results

doconner

Just got our cabin assigned for our up coming Breeze cruise in January

Booked a balcony guarantee and was assigned Deck 8 mid ship. Very happy with what we got.

We sail December and still don't have a cabin and you do. The program must have a glitch. I check daily ant there are only 30 balconies left. I don't think I will do this again

We sail December and still don't have a cabin and you do. The program must have a glitch. I check daily ant there are only 30 balconies left. I don't think I will do this again

Question. How do you check to know there are only 30 left?

Thanks

We booked 2 rooms, 1 for 2 people & the other for 4 people.

Sail date: 12/1/2014

Ship: Fascination

Class of Guarantee: Balcony

Cabins Assigned: M263 & E202

Date Assigned: 30 days before sailing

We are very happy about these room assignments. They aren't together but we knew they probably wouldn't be. They are both end balconies.

Date: December 13th, 2014

Ship: Carnival Freedom

Class of Guarantee: Balcony Guarantee

Cabin Assigned: Verandah - 8389 - Category 8D

Date Assigned: 39 days prior to sailing

Quite happy with the result, Would have had to pay about $200 more had I picked the same cabin myself.

Question. How do you check to know there are only 30 left?

Thanks

I do a mock booking as a customer looking for a balcony and picking my own room.... I check each catagory and deck and just count the empty balcony rooms. I also look at teh extended balconies and the Grand Suites and there are a lot of open cabins in all 3 of the catagories.

I do a mock booking as a customer looking for a balcony and picking my own room.... I check each catagory and deck and just count the empty balcony rooms. I also look at teh extended balconies and the Grand Suites and there are a lot of open cabins in all 3 of the catagories.

Problem with mock bookings they don't show every cabin still available. Only 10 per category. If you want to see if a specific cabin is available you need to call.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

Edited by pamrose228

Problem with mock bookings they don't show every cabin still available. Only 10 per category. If you want to see if a specific cabin is available you need to call.

I know but if I check back 3 days a week and the exact same 30+ cabins keep popping up... Carnival sales is not doing a great job of booking on this cruise. Also everyone of the Extended Grand Suites Midship are still avalable as are all except for 3 aft extended balconies. I paid in full when booking but if final payments are due 30 days out then in 6 days I should have an assigned cabin........I hope.

I had noticed on our recent Fascination cruise, the really cheap fares were guarrantee upper/lower. They sold a bunch of them, but there aren't very many of these cabins on board. Did anyone book the $129pp and get better cabins? Just wondering. Mikey<><

Date: Dec 7, 2014 sailing

Ship: Dream

Class of Guarantee: Inside

Cabin Assigned: 4J (interior with picture window), Upper deck (6)

Date Assigned: 4 days after booking, 34 days prior to sailing

On the same day that we booked the above cruise, we also booked interior guarantees on two other sailings (1/5/15 and 3/1/15). Those cabins have not been assigned yet.

Date: August 31, 2014 sailing

Ship: Dream

Class of Guarantee: Inside

Cabin Assigned: 4E 6370, Upper deck (6)

Date Assigned: Unable to recall exactly. The cruise was booked 21 days prior to sailing, and we did know our cabin assignment at least a week prior to sailing to print luggage tags.

:D:D:D So last Friday 10/31/14 I go ahead and book the Halloween sale for the NYE Liberty cruise (could not decide so did a courtesy hold at 11:55pm on Thursday night to hold an inside guarantee for 3 of us)...great price for this trip

Today, I am checking my emails at home from my office and see an email from Carnival that has "special offer for booking #--------", I open it up and see "for $200 total you can choose your balcony cabin when you upgrade", I called the number, confirmed the offer and took it!!!

So we got in on a great trip in the cheapest real estate on the boat and before we even get the cabin assignment (and only 4 days after booking) we get to pick our balcony cabin (BTW: choose Empress deck mid ship balcony)...I think we did alright:D:D:D

Edited by Drazil65

Date: December 4, 2014

Ship: 3 day Carnival Sensation

Class: OV guarantee (3 linked cabins, me being platinum cruiser)

Assigned: 30 days out

Result: 6A ocean view, Rivera deck, all 3 together

Seems like Carnival put our cabins together for us. We didn't care where we ended up but being all next door to each other is nice.

Reading all of this is really getting old fast. It seems that a lot book and within a few days have thier cabins assigned and then a few (me also) are left hanging in the wind. Booked more than a month ago and still waiting with only 34 days left....it sucks.

Reading all of this is really getting old fast. It seems that a lot book and within a few days have thier cabins assigned and then a few (me also) are left hanging in the wind. Booked more than a month ago and still waiting with only 34 days left....it sucks.

We booked during the Halloween sale and have not heard about our cabins as of yet either. But we also do't sail until Feb. 2015 so that may be why. If you have still not heard anything I would call and check if you are concerned at all. On our last cruise folks kept getting their cabins check util about a week before the trip.

Have a great trip!!!!

You could be waiting until you arrive at the port on embarkation day. You're not left hanging its in the info when you book the guaranteed room. If it was this important to you to know your room a head of time you should of picked a room yourself. Let it add excitement to your vacation not stress!