Holland America Alaska Cruise Next Week - Need Help!

brattitoo

Hi, we are on the Holland America Rotterdam, leaving out of Seward this Sunday. We are flying into Anchorage Saturday and staying downtown. We have booked the ANCHORAGE/SEWARD CRUISETRAIN. We've called twice and been told two different things on where and when to pick up the shuttle to the train. I'm completely confused.

Does anyone have the true story or know where to pick up the shuttle to the train? I've been told go to the airport, I've been told to go the Egan Center. We are staying downtown so the Egan Center is a better option for us.

Do you have information on where and when to pick up the shuttle? Their customer service folks can't seem to tell the same story and other than our booking in our Holland Account we don't have a ticket.

Thanks,

Christie Andersen

Right I meant the Westerdam. Yes, sorry, it's been one of those days.

We are staying at the Hilton. I think those hotels are booked. How did you find out about the cruise reps being at your hotel? The website has very little information and there was no recommendation on where to stay.

Did you book through a TA? If you did, I'd have them find out. If not, call HAL and speak to a supervisor. Tell them you've heard two different stories from them and you need to know which one is correct.

Your hotel is very near the train station and I'd imagine they're picking up people who are staying at the Westmark (owned by HAL and near the Hilton downtown) and transferring them to the train.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to close the loop on this post. It wasn't so much that we couldn't google the Egan Center and find out where it was, but we were told different things each time we called Holland America on where to pick up the bus to the train. The correct answer was the Egan Center (if you are staying downtown).

The bus leaves from the Egan Center at 11:30 for future reference, then takes you the train. You drop off your bags at the Egan Center too which is nice if you want to walk around Anchorage.

By the way, @Wacruzr there is a Holland America ship called the Rotterdam. :-)

I wanted to close the loop on this post. It wasn't so much that we couldn't google the Egan Center and find out where it was, but we were told different things each time we called Holland America on where to pick up the bus to the train. The correct answer was the Egan Center (if you are staying downtown).

The bus leaves from the Egan Center at 11:30 for future reference, then takes you the train. You drop off your bags at the Egan Center too which is nice if you want to walk around Anchorage.

By the way, @Wacruzr there is a Holland America ship called the Rotterdam. :-)

and it is cruising in Europe just now, which is what @Wacruzr said