Who Wants to Book a Cabana?

vtcruising

The cabanas haven't appeared on the Cruise Planners yet, but will likely appear soon. I have been doing some research on them to see if they are worth booking. We had an alcove on the Reflection and had a mixed experience, but wondered what the Edge cabana experience might be like.

There will be 6 outward-facing cabanas on the Edge, which they have said will have similar offerings as the Alcoves and will be available to book pre-cruise. Some thoughts from looking at the pictures:

• They look comfy in the pictures, but not very private because they have a walkway going past them (similar to the Alcoves) or maybe going through them (see pictures).
  • The pool is behind them so people in the cabanas can be part of the pool scene. It looks like there is a glass partition between the loungers by the pool and the cabanas.
  • They face the sea, which is nice, but the Magic Carpet will reportedly be in front of them on sea days, partially obstructing the views.
  • When the MC is parked in front of them, it will be handy to have the bar right there (on the Reflection the Alcoves had bar service, but for us, it was slow).
  • Since there will be live music on the MC at times, you would nearby.
  • Since you could be there until 9 in the evening, you would potentially have a nice spot to watch the sun set and enjoy some evening time there (and the MC should be repositioned as a restaurant on another deck by then).

After looking at the pictures, I think that they might be a nice option for people who want to spend the money to be part of the pool scene, but don't want to join the chair hogs to get good seats. I can envision a nice space to read, people watch, sip beverages, munch on a baguette and cheese from Le Grand Bistro or goodies from Café al Bacio and go out on the MC to check out the view or take a dip in the pool. I can't tell if the walkway is right through the cabanas (the pictures show outward-facing chairs across from the large sofa in the cabanas - are they part of the cabanas or for anyone?).

I wonder what the pricing and amenities will be, compared to the Alcoves. The Alcoves are $149 on sea days and $99 on port days, including bottles of water, fruit platter, loaded ipad use, handheld fans and chilled washcloths. Picnic baskets and other food and beverage options are available through the Alcove Attendants at an extra cost. They are for your use from 9 AM to 9 PM.

I'm not sure I would spend the money, but if had lots of OBC, I might give it a try.

Inside the cabana:

enhance

Back side of cabanas toward the pool:

enhance

Inside the walkway past the cabanas:

enhance

Night in the cabanas (notice the outward-facing chairs across from the sofa - not sure if they are part of the cabana):

enhance

Doorway from walkway by the cabanas into the MC when on the pool deck 14 (there is one on the other end of the MC as well):

enhance

Edited by vtcruising

You put together very nice shots,... thanks for sharing and all the details.

.We would not book one and have never booked an Alcove, We have enjoyed booking the seaside huts on Labadee...They were right by the water and came with floatie mats, towels, a cooler filled with soda, ice, water, a ceiling fan and excellent service! At one point on Royal C we had an upgraded lunch that was excellent, ...We see no need for this on the ship, esp as we change our location sev times during the day,

Wish they were on another deck...The space they take up along with those bulbous looking tree sculptures will cut down on pool seating..pretty sure we will spend most of of our time in the Solarium anyhow,..but might go out early one morning for a quick dip!

You put together very nice shots,... thanks for sharing and all the details.

.We would not book one and have never booked an Alcove, We have enjoyed booking the seaside huts on Labadee...They were right by the water and came with floatie mats, towels, a cooler filled with soda, ice, water, a ceiling fan and excellent service! At one point on Royal C we had an upgraded lunch that was excellent, ...We see no need for this on the ship, esp as we change our location sev times during the day,

Wish they were on another deck...The space they take up along with those bulbous looking tree sculptures will cut down on pool seating..pretty sure we will spend most of of our time in the Solarium anyhow,..but might go out early one morning for a quick dip!

It's funny - I found one source that said that there were cabanas in the Solarium. I assumed it was an error, but you never know! :)

It's funny - I found one source that said that there were cabanas in the Solarium. I assumed it was an error, but you never know! :)

Ugh.... that would be more pay for items taking up common space. The

" bed style loungers" (indoor and out) on S Class look gross with tanning oils and who knows what else..The ones for EDGE do seem much nicer, more like the Alcoves with more seating than bed like. I predict there will be many takers!

We manage to work around it all and find our Happy Places on board..

Hey...Maybe we can rent out our balcony for the day... to those with interior stateroooms....ha ha!

Ugh.... that would be more pay for items taking up common space. The

" bed style loungers" (indoor and out) on S Class look gross with tanning oils and who knows what else..The ones for EDGE do seem much nicer, more like the Alcoves with more seating than bed like. I predict there will be many takers!

We manage to work around it all and find our Happy Places on board..

Hey...Maybe we can rent out our balcony for the day... to those with interior stateroooms....ha ha!

Great idea! Maybe you should start a thread about renting balconies on the Edge to offset the higher cost of cabins. :D

The cabanas haven't appeared on the Cruise Planners yet, but will likely appear soon. I have been doing some research on them to see if they are worth booking. We had an alcove on the Reflection and had a mixed experience, but wondered what the Edge cabana experience might be like.

There will be 6 outward-facing cabanas on the Edge, which they have said will have similar offerings as the Alcoves and will be available to book pre-cruise. Some thoughts from looking at the pictures:

• They look comfy in the pictures, but not very private because they have a walkway going past them (similar to the Alcoves) or maybe going through them (see pictures).
  • The pool is behind them so people in the cabanas can be part of the pool scene. It looks like there is a glass partition between the loungers by the pool and the cabanas.
  • They face the sea, which is nice, but the Magic Carpet will reportedly be in front of them on sea days, partially obstructing the views.
  • When the MC is parked in front of them, it will be handy to have the bar right there (on the Reflection the Alcoves had bar service, but for us, it was slow).
  • Since there will be live music on the MC at times, you would nearby.
  • Since you could be there until 9 in the evening, you would potentially have a nice spot to watch the sun set and enjoy some evening time there (and the MC should be repositioned as a restaurant on another deck by then).

After looking at the pictures, I think that they might be a nice option for people who want to spend the money to be part of the pool scene, but don't want to join the chair hogs to get good seats. I can envision a nice space to read, people watch, sip beverages, munch on a baguette and cheese from Le Grand Bistro or goodies from Café al Bacio and go out on the MC to check out the view or take a dip in the pool. I can't tell if the walkway is right through the cabanas (the pictures show outward-facing chairs across from the large sofa in the cabanas - are they part of the cabanas or for anyone?).

I wonder what the pricing and amenities will be, compared to the Alcoves. The Alcoves are $149 on sea days and $99 on port days, including bottles of water, fruit platter, loaded ipad use, handheld fans and chilled washcloths. Picnic baskets and other food and beverage options are available through the Alcove Attendants at an extra cost. They are for your use from 9 AM to 9 PM.

I'm not sure I would spend the money, but if had lots of OBC, I might give it a try.

I believe the Alcoves are now $249 for a Sea Day on S-class ships.

I believe the Alcoves are now $249 for a Sea Day on S-class ships.

Wow! I looked at Celebrity’s info for the price, but don’t have a cruise booked on one of the ships with Alcoves so couldn’t check a cruise planner. I guess I won’t be booking on the Edge at that price!

Edited by vtcruising