Getaway! May 6-13 Trip Report & Review

MaryBethV

Wonder - just sit with a box of tissues. My DH, DGD and I watched the movie together. She had read the book and she and her mom thought it would be a good movie for when she came over to spend the night. I sobbed - not cried sobbed! :eek: The movie is great and opened a nice discussion with DGD as the book really moved her and she said the movie was well done. (she is 9) I thought it was sweet how she kept patting my arm telling me it will be ok Grandma. [side bar - I am not a crier]

I, on the other hand, AM a crier. I probably wouldn't have been able to breathe through my nose for days! :') Good thing I passed on watching that then. I will most definitely be prepared with tissues when I do.

A few final thoughts...

Thank you so much for following along! We did really enjoy this vacation, though I'm not sure when we will cruise again. I am looking at the Bliss & Encore for 2019 or 2020 - either the Eastern Caribbean or Alaska. Or maybe a different cruise line - who knows!

I think that we are going to book the Encore for December 15th sailing!!!

Apologies for leaving you hanging... thanks for carrying on the thread without me.

Personal side note...

The week before our cruise one of our two goldendoodles (they are sisters from the same litter and are 8 years old now) got a ping-pong ball size lump on the top of her head. I had grooming appointments scheduled for them the Wednesday before our cruise... but thought I should have Lila's head looked at before that, so I took her into the vet on Tuesday. I was thinking she had a bug bite or infection... but x-rays revealed she had advanced bone cancer in her skull and it had also already spread to other parts of her body. We left both of them with my brother-in-law and his wife & kids, where we knew they would be loved on & spoiled while we were gone -- but it was still hard to leave them not knowing how long Lila had.

Long story short... she had to be put to sleep yesterday and we were all just :loudcry:.

Lila (left) & Gabby-

42471458181_18a72f677a_c.jpg

I'll finish the review today and then I may very well just sit and watch Pasta Grannies on YouTube. Watching comfort food is almost as good as eating it... almost.

So so sad to read that. We have two goldendoodles as well, from Moss Creek in Florida. Our fur babies are in our lives for too short a time, but they are in our hearts forever. I'm sure your Gabby misses Lila as much as you do. You need another one stat!

Apologies for leaving you hanging... thanks for carrying on the thread without me.

Personal side note...

The week before our cruise one of our two goldendoodles (they are sisters from the same litter and are 8 years old now) got a ping-pong ball size lump on the top of her head. I had grooming appointments scheduled for them the Wednesday before our cruise... but thought I should have Lila's head looked at before that, so I took her into the vet on Tuesday. I was thinking she had a bug bite or infection... but x-rays revealed she had advanced bone cancer in her skull and it had also already spread to other parts of her body. We left both of them with my brother-in-law and his wife & kids, where we knew they would be loved on & spoiled while we were gone -- but it was still hard to leave them not knowing how long Lila had.

Long story short... she had to be put to sleep yesterday and we were all just :loudcry:.

Lila (left) & Gabby-

42471458181_18a72f677a_c.jpg

I'll finish the review today and then I may very well just sit and watch Pasta Grannies on YouTube. Watching comfort food is almost as good as eating it... almost.

How sad, I am so sorry to hear this. :(:(On another note, i'd not ever heard of Pasta Grannies, now i'm going to have to watch!

So so sad to read that. We have two goldendoodles as well, from Moss Creek in Florida. Our fur babies are in our lives for too short a time, but they are in our hearts forever. I'm sure your Gabby misses Lila as much as you do. You need another one stat!

Love that you have two goldendoodles too! DH is saying "no more pets" - but if I could take bets on him being the first one to cave and bring home a puppy, I would! ;):D

Hi, Do you know if they serve real maple syrup in the dining rooms? Thanks!!

Yes, they do - and in the buffet. It was a little thinner than the maple syrup we are used to, but it was still good!