Hand sanitiser aversion

Dajo5601

I make my own sanitizers using 91% alcohol solution (dilute 50% boiled water; 50% Alcohol) If I can only find 50-70%, I reduce the boiled water percentage accordingly. For every four ounces (approx. 113 mil) I then add, 10 drops of peppermint essential oil; 8 drops of cypress essential oil. I carry this in my ever present backpack/bag. The solution, which is shaken vigorously before use is placed in a tinted (blue or amber) bottle (spray or push-up top).

This solution hasn't been tested; however, it is fairly easy to find the properties of pure essential oils. I also know alcohol does not kill all viruses however certain oils can kill one or the other.

Ramona

Do you make your own lemoncello,lol.Joking aside,that stuff is illegal to buy in UK,but ready available in Italy on supermarket shelves.

Do you make your own lemoncello,lol.Joking aside,that stuff is illegal to buy in UK,but ready available in Italy on supermarket shelves.

Had to look up lemoncello, didn't know what it was. I'm confused, essential oils are illegal in the UK? Hmmm. I don' get my oils from local stores or supermarkets; I order mine bulk from a wholesaler; and essential oil recipes for all sorts of things, cleaners, cooking, message oils, etc. abound on the internet.

Ramona

Had to look up lemoncello, didn't know what it was. I'm confused, essential oils are illegal in the UK? Hmmm. I don' get my oils from local stores or supermarkets; I order mine bulk from a wholesaler; and essential oil recipes for all sorts of things, cleaners, cooking, message oils, etc. abound on the internet.

Ramona

No,but 91% alcohol is illegal.That's not an essential oil surely.

No,but 91% alcohol is illegal.That's not an essential oil surely.

Is it 91% or 99%? Both can be purchased legally in the US.99% can't be shipped or carried by air only ground transportation. Since I add distilled water (half & half), I could just buy 50% alcohol and not dilute. 91-99% alcohol is used to clean very sensitive equipment as it evaporates immediately and tends not to cause damage. Look it up. For me it's cheaper to dilute 91 plus than to purchase 50% to use as a cleanser.

Ramona

Sorry,it's my failed attempt at humour across the pond.In Italy they make all their own liquors out of all ingredients with alcohol in 5ltr bottles from supermarkets.You're right, you can't drink hand cleanser,but I've seen a few "characters" drink it in hospital waiting rooms,lol.

Sorry,it's my failed attempt at humour across the pond.In Italy they make all their own liquors out of all ingredients with alcohol in 5ltr bottles from supermarkets.You're right, you can't drink hand cleanser,but I've seen a few "characters" drink it in hospital waiting rooms,lol.

Whoosh. That's the sound of irony and humor going over my head. And to think I love British humor. Or is it humor from GB

Ramona