Change in Specialty Restaurants Availability

1ANGELCAT

I'm on the Westerdam's crossing on 3/30. When I logged into my account today,I noticed De Librije is no longer showing as an option for booking. This was an option in addition to PG and Canaletto.

I just spoke to Ship Services and she checked with scheduling and was advised it was removed for this sailing.

For those of you on different sailings where this was offered , you may want to check your account.

Le Cirque will not be offered in its place.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sounds like you will soon be offered the newest dining venue -- Sel de Mer.

We are looking forward to trying the Sel de Mer restaurant on the Koningsdam this spring on her TA to the Mediterranean.

That said, I would recommend a person look at a copy of a menu. We found one online and thought this dining venue might be hard for someone to wrap their head around, if they expect an all inclusive fare priced cruise or even the pricing method of the PG and other restaurants...one price covers the whole meal. The restaurant is Al la carte and $$$ more than most people are accustomed to onboard a Holland America ship. The menu appears to be comparable to a fine on land restaurant.

We are looking forward to trying the Sel de Mer restaurant on the Koningsdam this spring on her TA to the Mediterranean.

That said, I would recommend a person look at a copy of a menu. We found one online and thought this dining venue might be hard for someone to wrap their head around, if they expect an all inclusive fare priced cruise or even the pricing method of the PG and other restaurants...one price covers the whole meal. The restaurant is Al la carte and $$$ more than most people are accustomed to onboard a Holland America ship. The menu appears to be comparable to a fine on land restaurant.

At first I thought the same, but I find the normal "multi-course for one price" specialty restaurants to be far too much food. The nice thing about Sel de Mer (I hope, as we'll be trying it very soon), is that you can order as much or as little as you like, and their daily entree features are not really that expensive. Or one could just order a few elegant appetizers to share. As you said, I'm looking forward to trying it. :)

Does anyone know when the gala nights might be on a 12 night Baltic cruise in July? I thought possibly the galas would be on the days we are at sea as this is a very port intensive cruise. I do not want to book PG on Gala night but I found PG is not offered every night of our cruise and no Le Cirque which we have a Gift Certificate for from HAL CEO(an apology gift from a prior HAL cruise) When I called HAL they said they would honor our Le Cirque gift certificate in PG. When I said that Le Cirque always includes wine pairings, she said she could have a bottle of house wine delivered to our cabin. Not my idea of a full compensation. Any input and suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance

When I said that Le Cirque always includes wine pairings, she said she could have a bottle of house wine delivered to our cabin.

Le Cirque has never included wine pairings when I dined there. There may be a package with wine included at a higher price, but I don't know for certain on that.

If you are getting credit for a Le Cirque dinner at Pinnacle (which is less expensive), plus a bottle of wine, you are doing a little better than breaking even.

Does anyone know when the gala nights might be on a 12 night Baltic cruise in July? I thought possibly the galas would be on the days we are at sea as this is a very port intensive cruise. I do not want to book PG on Gala night but I found PG is not offered every night of our cruise and no Le Cirque which we have a Gift Certificate for from HAL CEO(an apology gift from a prior HAL cruise) When I called HAL they said they would honor our Le Cirque gift certificate in PG. When I said that Le Cirque always includes wine pairings, she said she could have a bottle of house wine delivered to our cabin. Not my idea of a full compensation. Any input and suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance

We have done Le Cirque many times on various ships and the wine pairing was an extra charge -- $20 per person -- JMO -- we did it the first time and the wine was nothing but the house wines and barely 4 ounces each of 1 sparkling wine, 1 red wine and 1 white wine.

Are you sure your TA was gifting you Le Cirque with the wine pairing? Or did your TA just gift you the dinner?