Dress code for formal nights on Freedom of the Seas

shrifk

We are departing in September on FOS. This our first cruise on Royal. What is the dress code on formal nights?

We usually cruise on Celebrity that has a Chic Casual on formal nights which means for men a causal upscale look; i.e. collard shirt, matching slacks etc. or more formal if one chooses.

If I wore a button down shirt, matching slacks, no jacket would I be o.k. in the main dining room on formal nights. Of course my wife would prefer to dress up that night and all other nights.

Dress suggestions are not enforced, so people wear the full range of attire. You can wear whatever you want, and what you describe will not be a problem.

There is a dress code notice framed and hung on the wall at the MTD check in desk at the front of the restaurant and when we were on Freedom in June no one took any notice and just wore what they wanted.

There is a dress code notice framed and hung on the wall at the MTD check in desk at the front of the restaurant and when we were on Freedom in June no one took any notice and just wore what they wanted.

I don't even know why they bother making suggestions anymore.

I don't even know why they bother making suggestions anymore.

When people were walking into the restaurant in shorts i asked the maitred about the dress code and the notice at the door and he said they ask people to wear long trousers but they can't make them do it.

When people were walking into the restaurant in shorts i asked the maitred about the dress code and the notice at the door and he said they ask people to wear long trousers but they can't make them do it.

He might try refusing entry, if they don't meet the dress code.

Back in 2005 I chose not to pack a tie (ties are IMHO of the devil :) ) or a sport coat and I did not attend formal night until we got a call from our friends saying the MDR waiter wanted to make sure we were welcome even if I wore a polo shirt. My wife was not impressed (she says I stand out as a rebel in the picture of our group of friends) but I applaud Royal to allow those who want to make formal night a big deal and allow others who could care less to attend the MDR as well.

I say a policy or attitude of letting things take their own course, without interfering, ( Laissez-faire ) is refreshing these days!

(Your millage may vary)

In years past we brought a suit. This year it will be nice trousers a tie and a button down shirt without the dress jacket . Of course black dress shoes. The reason for no dress jacket this time is due to needing warm clothes for Ireland and Iceland.