Ports are being canceled now

Vanessa L

Well, the port cancellations have begun. Apparently, the Inspiration and Holiday are skipping Cozumel today and the Elation is skipping Ensenada. I'll be interested to see how many :mad::mad::mad: posts we get when they return because Carnival had the "audacity" to be cautious and keep them safe :eek:

I'll be interested to see how many :mad::mad::mad: posts we get when they return because Carnival had the "audacity" to be cautious and keep them safe :eek:

Shall we start taking bets now?

Well, the port cancellations have begun. Apparently, the Inspiration and Holiday are skipping Cozumel today and the Elation is skipping Ensenada. I'll be interested to see how many :mad::mad::mad: posts we get when they return because Carnival had the "audacity" to be cautious and keep them safe :eek:

of course someone will be mad...they get/got mad when the airports starting screening people when all of this is for our SAFETY!!!

the people who get mad need to get over it

I wont lie, I'd be mad! :D

But this is because most likely we would never be about to take another cruise for a few years again.

We are a military family, so #1 we are broke and #2 we are not near family so it makes it hard to get sitters for the kids, and #3, his leave time.

But I understand the worry.

I was in COzumel on Thursday, hadnt even heard of the swine flu. Came home Staurday and SUnday morning my 2 year old was running 104 fever so we took her to er and thats where we found out about it, but she was cleared of it, very nervewracking, especially since I have been feeling crappy (even so before our trip) very cautious though, good for Carnival!!!

of course someone will be mad...they get/got mad when the airports starting screening people when all of this is for our SAFETY!!!

the people who get mad need to get over it

It really boggles the mind when someone comes back and posts that they are angry about missing a port due to weather, or now, the flu (I'm banking on future 1 hit wonders after this). I just really (though I have been able to hold my tongue thus far) want to ask those folks if they REALLY would have rather sailed into a hurricane or tropical storm. It truly leaves me shaking my head.

Yep, I completely agree with Carnival's decision here. With the tight quarters of a ship, I can only imagine how quickly one infected person could spread this unknowingly to 3000+.

Would be very bad PR for Carnival. Much worse than simply re-routing ships.

Ok VanessaL,

I'll see your 6 first time posters and 2 oldtimers and raise you 3 old timers and 7 first time posters, with an eventual thread being pulled due to inappropriate aggression towards OP!!!!!!!!!!!

As someone who has three cruises booked (November 2009 on the Conquest, February 2010 on the Ecstacy and September 2010 on Dream) it concerns me about the flu. Do I want to miss ports????? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!! Do I want to be safe and not sick the whole trip and upon my return, EVEN BETTER!!!!!!! Our cruise in February 2010, is to Progreso and Cozumel. I'm hoping this whole swine flu thing will have run it's course by then because that cruise would end up being a cruise to NOWHERE!!!!!!! Kinda takes the fun out of it but we do love sea days. I would just hate it because we are taking our 4 adult children and 2 girlfriends with us and none of them have been on a cruise before.

I have also seen how this swine flu scare has effected Carnival Stock. As a shareholder, I think I'm more concerned about the stock than my missing a couple of ports. Hey, more sea days means more DODs!!!!!!!!!

The same ones who b---- that a port was cancelled are the same ones who complain when someone on board got sick and should have been quaranteened.

They WANT to be mad.

Oh I up the anty to 7 newbies, 3 oldies and 1 newbie claiming to be an oldie.:D

My 2 cents worth,

:rolleyes:Brad:rolleyes:

Ok VanessaL,

I'll see your 6 first time posters and 2 oldtimers and raise you 3 old timers and 7 first time posters, with an eventual thread being pulled due to inappropriate aggression towards OP!!!!!!!!!!!

The same ones who b---- that a port was cancelled are the same ones who complain when someone on board got sick and should have been quaranteened.

They WANT to be mad.

Oh I up the anty to 6 newbies, 2 oldies and 1 newbie claiming to be an oldie.:D

My 2 cents worth,

:rolleyes:Brad:rolleyes:

LOL, ok I'll see that bet.

Well I can see this is a very informational thread:rolleyes:

You want information, go to the CC homepage, it's all there Kurban. This is just for fun (and some info since maybe not EVERYONE has seen the home page of CC yet--I keep the boards up on my computer and the only time I see the homepage is when I reboot about every week or so--or maybe don't want to file through a zillion posts on the sticky to read it all). Lighten up, dude. Life is way too short. :D

I was on a flight once that suffered some electrical problems and a cabin decompression. The plane dived*, the oxygen masks came down, lights and AC went on and off - the whole 9 yards. We were close enough to a scheduled stop that we made our scheduled airport. Obviously they made everyone get off the plane and wouldn't let any of the new pax board. We had about an 8 hour wait before the airline could scramble us a new plane and new crew.

For quite a bit of that time, the affected plane was still parked at the gate. You should have heard the screaming and cursing from the people who were supposed to board then. One woman in particular was pitching a holy fit demanding to board at once. Finally I went up to her and showed her the impressions on my face from the oxygen mask (like when you wake up with sheet marks).

"That plane nearly crashed and these marks are from the oxygen mask. If you want to get on that plane, be my guest. I'll wait for one that actually flies." She shut up after that. ;)

*most likely, a controlled dive to get us back down to breathable air. So long as the pilots stayed conscious, we probably weren't at risk for crashing though we had no way of knowing that at the time.

Poor Mexico, there are already people who won't go there because of the drug violence. They sure didn't need this :(

That much is true Cruzbuds. It is a sad situation. What is even more sad to me is that, in the US the odds of dying from this are uberlow because we have medicine. Not so in Mexico. I feel bad for those folks.

Anyone who would want to go to Mexico right now is foolish!:cool:

just call me a fool! i'm sailing in less than 2 weeks... i won't be MAD if the ports get skipped, but i'd have no problem whatsoever going to mexico.

The swine flu made it to Florida now. Just received a email from Palm Beach post saying they have a confirmed case of it at Disney world..:(

At Disney? Do they mean a staff member?

Maybe one of the POTC members? :eek: Sorry couldn't help it.

Archived