Safety drill on Sunshine

summercruisin'

Thanks, everyone! That is what I feared :(. I have a kid with high functioning autism, sensory integration disorder, and anxiety. He does great managing nearly everything EXCEPT the old-style muster drills. I'll contact Carnival special needs for the alternate one. Good to know in advance :)

They had everyone crammed together 4 deep on deck 4 facing the life boats. I have no disabilities but I was very uncomfortable about halfway through the drill. After the drill was finally over I was so over it.

I am sure Carnival will be able to accommodate your son. I saw during the drill they offered people with disabilities to sit in the library.

On the Ecstasy our preferred room's muster station gets to sit on the Lido deck the entire time of the drill - even during the lifeboat portion, we're able to just look up to deck 11 rather than have to go up there and stand around.

We were on the Sunshine at the end of October and we were seated in the Liquid Lounge for the muster drill. No one in our group had any mobility issues.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Just off from Dec 1st-9th cruise. Muster station was 4E and we were also in the Liquid Lounge. Was very COMFY, just like watching a show. Our state room number was 11024. My SIL and BIL were in state room 8321 and had muster on deck 4, I believe muster station 4d, said it was packed.