Breakaway room selection

Horsegoer

Hello all. Me and my wife are getting ready to book the Breakaway leaving out of NYC end of April 17' going to Bermuda. Two questions:

We are going for the balcony. What are the better locations/floors?

Should we just book through the NCL website for the best deal?

Thanks a lot.

I would say on any ship, I prefer decks that have staterooms above and below (less of a chance of noise above or below). I chose deck 10 because it seemed fairly centrally located while still being between two other purely "residential" decks.

Sometimes you may get an extra add-on bonus booking through a Travel agent or other website, but having booked 3 cruises, one with a big name travel site, one with a TA, and one directly with the cruise line, so far the most seamless has been directly through NCL (and they are very helpful when I wanted to make small changes to my booking, responding much faster and giving me definitive answers to my question).

I am also booked for the end of April and went with one of the angled balconies. I've heard too many stories about the size (or lack thereof) of BA balconies. I usually do my best to pick a floor sandwiched between two other cabin floors. Keeps the noise down.

I've always booked through NCL, can't complain, but not much help there.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I am also booked for the end of April and went with one of the angled balconies. I've heard too many stories about the size (or lack thereof) of BA balconies. I usually do my best to pick a floor sandwiched between two other cabin floors. Keeps the noise down.

I've always booked through NCL, can't complain, but not much help there.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

We've had angled balconies on the BA for our last few cruises. The extra space is definitely a plus. On our last cruise (2 weeks ago), we had a lounger, 2 chairs and the small table on the balcony- with space to move around amongst them.

i had 13290 angled balcony . look at deck plans and see what others give you this extra space for free. be aware you 'lose' looking either forward or backwards, depending where you are.

its a great way to get extra space and even though i had a december cruise it was nice to have the space.

definitely pick rooms sandwiched between other rooms. like no way deck 14 under the pool or buffet. why chance it?

TAs can get you some OBC and ive even seen free gratuities on some sites but i never used them so cannot comment really. just watch out for fees, booking fees, cancel fees etc.

We only book HA balconies, so we take whatever is left since they get booked quickly.

We are on deck 10 this time, and it looks like a "double" balcony, so I may try to do a review.

The one time that we used a travel agent instead of booking directly with NCL, our accommodations were messed up. I won't make that mistake ever again. It is too risky for us to deal with a third party, and not worth the $50 of OBC or a bottle of cheap wine to not have the peace of mind that our needs are being met.

We've had angled balconies on the BA for our last few cruises. The extra space is definitely a plus. On our last cruise (2 weeks ago), we had a lounger, 2 chairs and the small table on the balcony- with space to move around amongst them.

Can I ask what cabin you had? We are booked for October, I kept hearing about angled balconies so found one & booked it. A little nervous, it's on deck 14 but we're not light sleepers so hopefully will be okay. But really curious if the balconies are that much bigger? There are 3 of us, really enjoy breakfast on the balcony but can always only fit 2 people so hoping this time we can fit the 3 of us. Do you think there is room enough or another chair? Are all angled balconies the same? I appreciate the replies ;)

Can I ask what cabin you had? We are booked for October, I kept hearing about angled balconies so found one & booked it. A little nervous, it's on deck 14 but we're not light sleepers so hopefully will be okay. But really curious if the balconies are that much bigger? There are 3 of us, really enjoy breakfast on the balcony but can always only fit 2 people so hoping this time we can fit the 3 of us. Do you think there is room enough or another chair? Are all angled balconies the same? I appreciate the replies ;)

We just booked the angled balcony too. I read that there is room enough for 2 chairs and a lounger.....now if you remove the lounger I think you could fit 4 chairs all together. Maybe tight but it's far better than the regular balconies.You only need 3 so your good.

Edited by uneamie

Thanks so much! I am so excited about this cruise, especially the balcony lol We had a balcony last cruise but much smaller so if this is even a little bigger it will be well worth the money spent! Although a balcony cabin was cheaper than an oceanview so honestly that's the only reason I went with it again ;)

Just off BA last Sunday I had 14768. Tremendously convenient but also heard lots of running kids above and scraping chairs above on pool deck around 6 am. Normally sound doesn't bother me but I would describe this location as noisy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was afraid of that :rolleyes: oh well, guess live and learn. Still looking forward to balcony so take the good with the bad lol. Thanks for the info tho ;)

If you can't sleep in due to the noise in the morning, never fear! You can always take an afternoon nap on your balcony!:p

You will definitely have room for three chairs (and the little table) on the angled balcony. Ask your cabin steward or guest services for another chair if you only have two when you board. (We had two chairs and a lounge chair). All angled balconies are the same (as far as I know). As for deck 14, we had very little noise in a cabin under the seating area of the garden cafe. We did hear music from Spice H2O when we were on the balcony but not in the cabin.

I was afraid of that :rolleyes: oh well, guess live and learn. Still looking forward to balcony so take the good with the bad lol. Thanks for the info tho ;)

No no! By no means did it ruin my stay! We had a phenomenal cruise as in sure you will. It was the first time I was below the pool and definitely noticed noise. But I slept like a baby and enjoyed every minute . Didn't mean to discourage you !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You will definitely have room for three chairs (and the little table) on the angled balcony. Ask your cabin steward or guest services for another chair if you only have two when you board. (We had two chairs and a lounge chair). All angled balconies are the same (as far as I know). As for deck 14, we had very little noise in a cabin under the seating area of the garden cafe. We did hear music from Spice H2O when we were on the balcony but not in the cabin.[/quote

Thank you so much! We are closer to garden cafe then the pool area so this makes me feel better. Although I have to admit, I'm more excited about the balcony than nervous about the noise lol Love having breakfast on the balcony in the morning so glad we can all sit there and enjoy

No no! By no means did it ruin my stay! We had a phenomenal cruise as in sure you will. It was the first time I was below the pool and definitely noticed noise. But I slept like a baby and enjoyed every minute . Didn't mean to discourage you !

No worries! I always enjoy myself on vacation anyway so you in means discouraged me. Like I said, I'm willing to take a chance on the noise to check out a bigger balcony (was a little disappointed in the size last time on BA, my first balcony). I appreciate your response, and am sure I will have a great time regardless of noise or not. hey there's always naps right ;)

Our angled balcony on the Breakaway 2015

photo.php?fbid=10155445196505183&set=a.10155445192275183.1073741833.831370182&type=3&theaterphoto.php?fbid=10155445196770183&set=a.10155445192275183.1073741833.831370182&type=3&theaterphoto.php?fbid=10155445196410183&set=a.10155445192275183.1073741833.831370182&type=3&theater