Condition of Noordam

olya1972

You are going to Alaska, so maybe don't count on this. Plus moving ships are windy outdoors. If you have a late departure and are in port, that might be a time for dining al fresco. Inside your snug cabin with the floor to ceiling balcony window door may be a next best thing.

Bring some battery operated "candles" and you could make it special anyway. (!!!!Do not under any circumstances bring any other candle!!!!)

Thanks for the info! Great points!! This my first cool-weather cruise. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Croozengal, if you like salads, there's a fantastic salad station in the Lido, where a server will make a salad, as large as you'd like, with all your favorite things. It's my go-to lunch area on HAL's ships.

For delicious burgers, try the Dive-In, which is located near the covered Lido pool, just outside the doors to the Lido. Close to the Dive-In is where you'll find the nacho station.

Okay, I've made myself hungry!

Croozengal, if you like salads, there's a fantastic salad station in the Lido, where a server will make a salad, as large as you'd like, with all your favorite things. It's my go-to lunch area on HAL's ships.

For delicious burgers, try the Dive-In, which is located near the covered Lido pool, just outside the doors to the Lido. Close to the Dive-In is where you'll find the nacho station.

Okay, I've made myself hungry!

LOVE salads!! Especially for lunch, this is all getting me even more excited (and yes, hungry!) haha

LOVE salads!! Especially for lunch, this is all getting me even more excited (and yes, hungry!) haha

When I am too full by dinner time ( like always), I always order the dinner salad on the menu in the main dining room. They usually contain some sort of meat, have dressing on the side and are very tasty. So while these are composed salads instead of the wonderful self-created ones at the Lido salad bars, it is a nice option to have to still enjoy the main dining room for dinner.

Keep in mind the salad bar is on both sides of the Lido so keep walking if you think the line at one is too long- they do move quickly but there is such an array to choose from it can slow it down a bit. I also like the ready-fixed Kale Caesar salad at the pizza station. And they also have a very good Mediterranean salad there too with olives, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.

You can also make a salad of sorts at the nacho bar since they have shredded lettuce, tomatoes, chopped onions and various chopped fruit or corn salsas. Not quite the same, as they are not as cold and crisp as they are in the salad bar. But do make good nacho toppings to pretend one is getting their vegetables ...along with the chips and sour cream. (See why I am always full by the time dinner comes around?)

When I am too full by dinner time ( like always), I always order the dinner salad on the menu in the main dining room. They usually contain some sort of meat, have dressing on the side and are very tasty. So while these are composed salads instead of the wonderful self-created ones at the Lido salad bars, it is a nice option to have to still enjoy the main dining room for dinner.

Keep in mind the salad bar is on both sides of the Lido so keep walking if you think the line at one is too long- they do move quickly but there is such an array to choose from it can slow it down a bit. I also like the ready-fixed Kale Caesar salad at the pizza station. And they also have a very good Mediterranean salad there too with olives, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.

You can also make a salad of sorts at the nacho bar since they have shredded lettuce, tomatoes, chopped onions and various chopped fruit or corn salsas. Not quite the same, as they are not as cold and crisp as they are in the salad bar. But do make good nacho toppings to pretend one is getting their vegetables ...along with the chips and sour cream. (See why I am always full by the time dinner comes around?)

Sounds like we have a nice variety of options! Thanks so much!

Food Recommendations

Main dining room: French onion soup, shrimp cocktail, beef. Penfolds. Cream brulee.

Hamburger at dive-in; guac at taco bar. Excellent fries.

Lido breakfast: smoked salmon capers/cream cheese. Think of any item; it was there...

Gluten free: mussels and scallops. I opted out of the pasta.

Vietnamese, Korean, Chinese, Indonesian, Filipino, Mexican bars. Sushi.

Charcuterie and mediterranean. Italian.

Book Sel de Mer. Fruits of the sea. Salt encrusted branzino. Profiteroles.

Asians were eating meat and 3. Americans were eating Asian. Chinese served Italian at Canaletto. Salads were hand made.

Bread pudding with warm vanilla sauce.

What great culinary treats! The staff made the difference. If you can't enjoy there's no hope for you.

Food Recommendations

Main dining room: French onion soup, shrimp cocktail, beef. Penfolds. Cream brulee.

Hamburger at dive-in; guac at taco bar. Excellent fries.

Lido breakfast: smoked salmon capers/cream cheese. Think of any item; it was there...

Gluten free: mussels and scallops. I opted out of the pasta.

Vietnamese, Korean, Chinese, Indonesian, Filipino, Mexican bars. Sushi.

Charcuterie and mediterranean. Italian.

Book Sel de Mer. Fruits of the sea. Salt encrusted branzino. Profiteroles.

Asians were eating meat and 3. Americans were eating Asian. Chinese served Italian at Canaletto. Salads were hand made.

Bread pudding with warm vanilla sauce.

What great culinary treats! The staff made the difference. If you can't enjoy there's no hope for you.

Sounds WONDERFUL!! Thanks so much for the info. I’m getting so excited (and HUNGRY!) [emoji38]

Great update! Were there any happy hours offered? Thank you!

Happy hour is usually between 4 and 5 in the Crows Nest and in another bar (Ocean Bar?). If you order two of a drink, the second is a $1.

Have been on celebrity solstice and the noordam in March this year although it was a great cruise the noordam certainly needs a refurbish. It doesn’t come close to celebrity

I agree. They are different ships however. Solstice is a different and more modern design. Noordam needs an update to the decor but what is there is well maintained and in good condition. Solstice also caters for a slightly younger passenger with more boom boom music.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Thanks 1

Food in the Lido buffet is very good with lots of variety. As well as other casual dining options depending on the ship (pizza, burgers, nachos stations) including very good included room service which you may enjoy since you have a balcony, if the weather permits or in cabin..

The Noordam is the only Vista class ship that has retained its very spacious and gracious library, plus all HAL ships have plenty of other nooks and seating lounges where you can enjoy ocean window views besides the upper deck Crow's Nest. This makes a big plus when choosing the Noordam.

Only until the dry dock that many seem to want. Just got off of the 16 day Sydney to Honolulu. Ship seemed to be in fine shape. The decor is typical HAL, more typical of cruising as it used to be.

We board her one week from today! ❤️ If anyone has any specific questions or requests for pictures of certain things, I would be happy to oblige. [emoji847]

Hi! I have a few questions for our first family cruise! We board on June 24th, a southbound Seward to Vancouver itinerary. I booked before finding out that the dry dock was postponed, but as long as things are clean, we aren't picky about worn fixtures! I'm looking forward to a cozy, classic cruise ship feel, looking forward to the unchanged Crow's Nest, library, and Explorations areas. And the unobstructed, walkable Promenade deck!

If you are easily able to find out, without interrupting your fun!:

1. What is the depth of the pool with the retractable cover, and whether it is heated enough to swim during an Alaska cruise, that would be very helpful to me!

2. I'm also curious to know what shows will run this summer--BBC Earth? Orchestra? Magician? I wonder what will be offered on your cruise and maybe that will help figure out the offerings for my trip.

3. How many Gala nights are there on a 7-day Alaska, and which night is it?

4. Have they at least put flat panel TVs in the rooms and updated to on-demand or is it still dvd checkout?

Thank you and have a safe and wonderful trip!

Hi! I have a few questions for our first family cruise! We board on June 24th' date=' a southbound Seward to Vancouver itinerary. I booked before finding out that the dry dock was postponed, but as long as things are clean, we aren't picky about worn fixtures! I'm looking forward to a cozy, classic cruise ship feel, looking forward to the unchanged Crow's Nest, library, and Explorations areas. And the unobstructed, walkable Promenade deck!

If you are easily able to find out, without interrupting your fun!:

1. What is the depth of the pool with the retractable cover, and whether it is heated enough to swim during an Alaska cruise, that would be very helpful to me!

2. I'm also curious to know what shows will run this summer--BBC Earth? Orchestra? Magician? I wonder what will be offered on your cruise and maybe that will help figure out the offerings for my trip.

3. How many Gala nights are there on a 7-day Alaska, and which night is it?

4. Have they at least put flat panel TVs in the rooms and updated to on-demand or is it still dvd checkout?

Thank you and have a safe and wonderful trip![/quote']

I’m on it! Stay tuned for as many answers and I can get for you! I have been wondering about the pool, myself. This will be our first cool weather cruise. [emoji848]

I’m on it! Stay tuned for as many answers and I can get for you! I have been wondering about the pool, myself. This will be our first cool weather cruise. [emoji848]

Thanks so much! Happy packing :cool::D

I know it’s a long shot-but any info about cabin 6110 would be appreciated! Sailing July 8-so excited! Have a great trip!

Thanks! I may be seen lurking about on deck 6 waiting for the steward to go in and clean the room. [emoji51] Hahahahaha

Happy hour is usually between 4 and 5 in the Crows Nest and in another bar (Ocean Bar?). If you order two of a drink, the second is a $1.

Second drink is $2 not 1. Happy hour is in Crows Nest and Ocean Bar.

Just got off Noordam yesterday.

For those on Noordam at the moment, is it possible to obtain a wine list please? We are cruising on her from Sydney next year, looking forward to it, haven't been on HAL for a few years.

If you don’t get a response sooner, I will be on her in 6 days and will be happy to grab a shot of the wine list(s) for you! [emoji8]

It is a lot to ask as it requires uploading, but it would be wonderful to see one or two daily programs to get an updated feel for life onboard. Hope you have an awesome time Croozengal!

Thanks! It’s our first HAL & our first Alaskan, so we are super excited! I will be sure to upload some dailies for you!