Panama March 2019 no good Verandah Cabins

annmasae

I was trying to book a starboard Verandah cabin for March 3 2019 sailing from Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego Nieuw Amsterdam.

I get seasick so I need a Verandah deck centrally located cabin. Because of the direction of the cruise I wanted a starboard cabin.

However only Verandahs closer to the rear are showing as available.

When do cabins open up for a 2019 cruise? I know full payments are due 90 days in advance so Dec 2018/Jan 2019.

Do I have to wait that long to get a good cabin?

I've been studying a lot of HAL cruises and have not seen "better" cabins opening up even as cruises get closer to sailing date.

My conclusion is you just have to keep checking. Too bad there wasn't some notification system to let you know when "better" cabins show up.

I just finished the Sept 2017 Baltic Cruise on the Koningsdam. I guess I was lucky because a centrally located cabin opened up 6 months before sailing so I was able to book a cabin that I wanted at a reduced price.

Pick out the cabin that you want and call HAL, ask if it's available for your particular cruise and book it right there and then. I always pick my cabin and then call and book immediately and tell them no upgrades whatsoever.

Good luck, it's still real early so you should have no trouble booking the cabin you want.

Pick out the cabin that you want and call HAL, ask if it's available for your particular cruise and book it right there and then. I always pick my cabin and then call and book immediately and tell them no upgrades whatsoever.

Good luck, it's still real early so you should have no trouble booking the cabin you want.

thanks so much for your reply. i think only the cabins online are available. i called for other 2019 cruises and the PCC had no additional cabins from what is shown online but no harm in calling. aloha.

HAL only shows 10 cabins.

I don't know why, but they are not always the best.

So, take a look at the deck plans, choose cabin #'s that you like and go to do a "dummy" booking.

When it goes to select stateroom, there is an option to input the room number you want.

Put in the different numbers and the odds are one of them will be available. And then book it. Once you do that it will be tied up for a few minutes ;)

My DS was booking a cruise and didn't like the cabin choices. She was one on one of the ships where the big balconies of 4166 and 4168 apply, so I plugged them in and they were both available.

She grabbed the one she liked.

Also, if you are on a longer cruise with several segments, you can check the segments that form part of your cruise and if there is a cabin there available on both that you like, you can request that it be taken out of inventory and applied to your cruise fo you to get. If you are using a TA you can ask them to arrange it with HAL.

HAL doesn't always want to do it, but they often do.

Hope this helps.

When you are in Section 2 “stateroom” of the online booking, you have to choose the “stateroom type” tab that is to the left of “location and deck”. That will then allow you to type in a stateroom number. Midship verandas are available on this sailing.

@Kazu - thanks for your suggestion. I got my cabins and am ready to book. Really appreciate all the experienced cruisers on this board who are willing to help us newbies. I did my first cruise on the Sept 2017 Koningsdam Baltic Cruise. Hope to enjoy many more cruises on HAL.