Playa Mia

thegraminator

Can anyone share their experience with Playa Mia ? I am especially interested in the cleanliness of the beach , the amount of activities for the kids and the variety on the buffet . We are considering the all inclusive food and beverage package . We will be visiting Cozumel in June . Thank you for sharing any information !

Mitsugirly is a frequent poster on these boards and has a photo intensive review of Playa Mia linked in her signature - check it out! :cool:

Most of the popular beach clubs, including Playa Mia, are lined up along the same side of the island -- if seaweed is an issues for one it will be an issue for all.

Mitsugirly is a frequent poster on these boards and has a photo intensive review of Playa Mia linked in her signature - check it out! :cool:

Most of the popular beach clubs, including Playa Mia, are lined up along the same side of the island -- if seaweed is an issues for one it will be an issue for all.

I went to her page and clicked on Playa Mia on her signature and it didn't bring me to an intensive review:confused: her review ended at the water toys were down for the day and I couldn't see anything else. Maybe it was cut short because it was from 2013? I wonder if anyone has another intense recent review for Playa Mia.

I went to her page and clicked on Playa Mia on her signature and it didn't bring me to an intensive review:confused: her review ended at the water toys were down for the day and I couldn't see anything else. Maybe it was cut short because it was from 2013? I wonder if anyone has another intense recent review for Playa Mia.

There are at least two full pages of review still - are you sure you scrolled through to the end? Some people have said there is a problem if you are looking from a phone, I think.

There was a more recent review by someone but I cannot remember the name of poster. Have you tried the search engine for this forum?

The link will take you to the very first post of my review. Then you have to keep scrolling, keeping in mind that others make comments during the review and you'll have to scroll past those to keep going. Looking at the link, it drops you off at the beginning of the review, then someone commented after that....then you have to go to the next page (which would be page 8) and so on. The review doesn't "stop" it just has to be broken up into sections because this forum only allows 6 pictures per post and my reviews contain a LOT of pictures. :D

• 4 weeks later...

We really liked Playa Mia. The pools and kids water play area were really nice. The facility was clean. The staff was working diligently to keep seaweed away, but it can be a problem in that area of Mexico. The buffet did not look great. I recall if having some salads & sides along with a limited taco bar, hot dogs, and lasagna. We were really perplexed as to why a Mexican beach resort would choose to serve lasagna.

We ordered food from the a la carte menu and it was excellent. We ordered nachos, a platter, and a kids meal and it was plenty to split between the 3 of us. A la carte drinks were about $10, so if you are planning on drinking a lot the all inclusive still might be a good option. We ordered 2 drinks and food and it was about $50.

Taxi was about $20 each way.

We are planning on going back in May.

Thanks Woodmnky , just the kind of information I was looking for . We decided to go with the all inclusive package through the cruise line . I'm always leary about not getting back to the ship on time when we go out on our own .

With the cost of adult beverages at $10.00 I am pretty sure that the all inclusive was the way to go ! I think we should be able to find some of the food to our liking . But what makes me happiest is to hear it is clean .

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience !