Roatan, Honduras question

beshears

Carnival, Princess and Holland America dock at Mahogany Bay. Carnival owns the beach in Mahogany Bay which is a 10 minute walk from the dock. You also can get a all day chairlift pass for $9.00 that goes to the beach. It is just like a private Island, 1000's of free lounges and the best beach in the Caribbean. Outstanding snorkeling on the left side of the Beach.

This has got to be about the most ridiculous thing that I have ever read on these boards. The beach at Mahogany Bay is nasty and if someone was interested in snorkeling their best bet is to go to West Bay where you can snorkel one the best reefs in the world from shore. :rolleyes:

LuckyLori, zip lining sounds like fun, but I will tell you the REAL reason why I won't do it. I am a PICTURE taking person. I cannot take pictures while zip lining. I know some people have worn a cap/hat on their head with the camera in front, but that is not me.

I too, am a picture taker. But I just had them take the pictures. When we were done we bought the pictures, well we paid $20 and they gave us a sd card with the pictures on it. They were great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I too, am a picture taker. But I just had them take the pictures. When we were done we bought the pictures, well we paid $20 and they gave us a sd card with the pictures on it. They were great!!

I also have a chest strap that my camera snaps into and that worked great when we went snorkeling.

I took a bunch of pictures and videos during zip lining and with a hand held point and shoot. I personally didn't have any problems.

I'm not sure how each zip line is but the one we went on you DIDN'T have to use a break or your hands to slow down or stop (with gloves on). So I would imagine that this made it easier than the zip lines that you wear gloves and have to slow down and stop yourself.

When I visited Roatan last December, I booked my tour through Bananarama but was taken to the Victor Boden zip line/monkey park facility. We did not need to use our hands to brake - good thing, because I was basically paralyzed with fear on the first line. I was able to get *some* okay photos and a few GREAT videos. I also purchased the (very reasonable - $20?) CD of images that their photographer took of my friend and I on the zip lines. They got some fantastic pictures!

Roatan is a pretty standard typical Caribbean island. I will say there is no Old Colonial architecture on the island. The beaches are typical Caribbean beaches. The island is quite hilly. Roatan is primarily a snorkeling diving destination. The island is equipped with your typical tourist eating and shopping.

Yes, you are right. In 2012/2013, I was in the hospital for 7 times, and was like a 90 year old woman, but I was STILL trying to walk up and down the hallways. The nurses kept telling me they were so proud of me, and I kept telling myself, with God's strength I will make it, and I did! Years ago, I like the highest pyramid that was open to the public at that time. My friend stayed at the bottom to take pictures. I said I wanted to prove to my 3 sons that mom STILL could do it, even at my age. :)

Yes, you are right. In 2012/2013, I was in the hospital for 7 times, and was like a 90 year old woman, but I was STILL trying to walk up and down the hallways. The nurses kept telling me they were so proud of me, and I kept telling myself, with God's strength I will make it, and I did! Years ago, I like the highest pyramid that was open to the public at that time. My friend stayed at the bottom to take pictures. I said I wanted to prove to my 3 sons that mom STILL could do it, even at my age. :)

That's awesome and such a happy ending story. Keep it up!

You go!!! You are only as old as you feel. :D

My brother-in-law is 72 and his first comment when we got done zip lining was ‘that was definitely a bucket list item’. We went to the Pirates of the Caribbean Zip line and there was only 2 places that had steps. You basically zipped from platform to platform. The guys that went with us did all the stopping and it was hands free. But I held on most of the time. We were a party of 4 aged 54-72. The ‘guides’ were awesome!!