Review!! Carnival Breeze 4/15/2018, E Caribbean

Devo1459

Last 2 Days at sea

The weather for our final two days at sea was perfect. Hardly a cloud, calm water and a great cooling breeze. I got up early both days to get a clam shell lounger on Serenity deck. No, I did not save it. I got there both days at about 6:45 am and sat in there and relaxed with a coffee and reading our local paper on my ipad. By 7:15 all the shells on both sides of the ship were filled up. We loved laying in there but honestly we were out of them by noon time both days. There is not much breeze up there believe or not and it just got to warm to sit in there. We did more spa time both days and most of our usual. Reading, hanging out on different parts of the ship and eating A LOT. Friday we did not go to Elegant dinner. The new Jumanji moving was playing on the Lido pool screen at 7 pm. I had a feeling seating would be a premium and we really wanted to sit in the nice padded chairs on deck 11 over looking the pool area. I was actually walking by at about 6pm and saw an older couple sitting in two chairs and they were dressed for elegant night. So, I just hung back a little and sure enough within 5 minutes they got up and I shot in there so fast nobody knew what hit them. I texted my wife and said come up here when your ready we are set!! She showed up in about 25 minutes and I booked down to the pizza pirate. We had ice cold beer and pizza for the movie. I will tell you by 7pm all 3 decks overlooking the pool area and big screen were full of people. Many standing too. Great movie by the way. The night was perfect too. Our last night on the ship is always depressing. Sure we were ready to go home, but getting the debarkation info is like a real bummer.

I hope you enjoyed this review. I am so thankful those that write them and I just wanted to try and give back a little. I will have one more entry as I fill in some other blanks of the trip.

Final thoughts.

We love to cruise and Carnival is great, not the best but you get what you pay for and if you manage your expectations you will have a better time. The ship is laid our great. Its big but easy to figure out. I must say it is showing its age. Lots of the teak wood needs work on the stairs, the railings, interior carpet in a lot of places etc. But its clean!!! Don't let what I said stop you from booking the Breeze.

Wifi: I bought the middle package presale as I needed to stay in touch with my Real Estate and office. My wife and I shared it. When she wanted on she just logged me off and used it. That worked out just fine. YES, its sooooooooo slooooooowwwww!

Cheers!! Love it. Would do it again on a none intense port cruise. I believe we got our monies worth. Well I did..haha. Interesting note! In Key West we paid sales tax on the drinks as we were in a US port. I never knew that. Soon as we sailed away, no tax.

Cloud 9: Loved it as you can tell from my review.

Debarkation: Since we were on deck 12 they called us off first. Its busy later in the customs area I heard. Big lines. We used Island Breeze shuttle to Hobby and Jim was our driver. I would use them again in a minute. On time, easy and they communicate real well.

If you have any questions for me let me know. Safe travels everyone.

David