Third person suites, what actually happens....

Able Seaman H

Thanks, Henry. It seems to be a complete muddle - typical of Seabourn's onshore way of dealing with things. Surely if there are suites with the triangle on the plan they should be the ones, and the only ones, with a proper sofa bed and therefore suitable for three.

Sunprince,

Can you clarify why you do not want to have a suite next to a three person suite,is it because you think that most will contain a baby or a small person.

My experience tells me that there is often noisy couples in the suite next door who can be inconsiderate especially when they let the doors slam.

I don’t see that a three person suite is any worse than a two person occupancy or even a single traveller for that matter.

It is always luck of the draw who you get sailing next to you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I believe that more people in a suite creates more nuisance for their neighbours. I agree that 3 quiet people can be better than 2 noisy inconsiderates, but generally more occupants equates to a higher frequency of slamming the suite door closed, more on the balcony dragging the chairs around, and generally more noise. I also object because if Seabourn can add 3rd occupants to any suite, then the number of guests could theoretically turn a 450 pax ship (Odyssey class) into a 675 pax ship. This is an extreme example, but possible under this scenario.

The noisiest neighbour that we've ever had on Seabourn was a single traveller who insisted on letting his door slam, appeared to open and noisily close every drawer and cupboard door in his suite before and after both breakfast and dinner each day, and yelled during conversations on his mobile phone at least four times each day. I remember him quite clearly telling someone he was in Shanghai and it wasn't as modern as he'd expected from seeing it on tv. China was a disappointment. We were in Saigon.

Perhaps we have been unlucky, but slamming suite doors, noisily closing drawers, dragging balcony chairs is our usual experience with our Seabourn neighbours. Dragging the chairs particularly drives me nuts....why can’t one pick up their chair when moving it? (This was also the case outside with the deck chairs at the Colonnade). Or maybe I am just too fussy and my standards of behaviour and consideration for others are too high [emoji3]

We are extremely conscious of the fact that there are people either side of us when travelling and can assure you we are no more noisy than 1 or 2 occupant accommodation for the reasons previously stated.

As for increasing the number of pax on board that doesn't happen. There are finite numbers which can not be exceeded and those are set in stone. What actually happens is triple occupancy cabins fill in the gaps left by single occupancy cabins.

I suspect maximum occupancy is calculated based on all the designated triple occupancy suites having 3 people in them.

As with bringing a minor on board I am totally aware of the feelings some people might have towards the subject.

If Seabourn insisted we had to pay a V5, V6, V7 or Penthouse fare because the only available 3 person V1 suite was already taken we would stop cruising with Seabourn as we nearly did on this occasion when told that we would have to pay more money than everyone else for a V1 suite.

If you remember we were initially told we couldn't pay the guaranteed balcony fare despite being assigned the lowest grade cabin available within that offer. In practice that meant having to pay £750 / $1,000 more than everyone else.

Henry :)

Perhaps we have been unlucky, but slamming suite doors, noisily closing drawers, dragging balcony chairs is our usual experience with our Seabourn neighbours. Dragging the chairs particularly drives me nuts....why can’t one pick up their chair when moving it? (This was also the case outside with the deck chairs at the Colonnade). Or maybe I am just too fussy and my standards of behaviour and consideration for others are too high [emoji3]

Agree about balcony chair dragging. Just when I'm dozing off, all I can hear is the sound of the ocean, someone has to drag a chair!

Should add that I am rather noise sensitive

I would imagine that many passengers are too elderly to properly pick up the deck chairs to move them. That being said, I hope we did not drag ours. We can pick them up. We WERE careful with our doors and everyone was reminded of this.

I would imagine that many passengers are too elderly to properly pick up the deck chairs to move them. That being said, I hope we did not drag ours. We can pick them up. We WERE careful with our doors and everyone was reminded of this.

Most of the guests dragging their chairs are not the elderly crowd, it is quite the opposite... not sure if the ones doing it actually realize or know any better!