Insurance receipt for massage on a cruise?

Sim1979

Yes - you might have to chase them for it if you need a receipt with a registered massage therapist or similar. I tried acupuncture while on a 14 day cruise. I asked for a receipt with the name/registration number of the person that treated me. Was told it was coming but had to ask a couple of times. Finally showed up on the second to last day in my cabin. It was detailed with all procedures, the name and number of the person that treated me. My insurance reimbursed me for most of it.

Yes - you might have to chase them for it if you need a receipt with a registered massage therapist or similar. I tried acupuncture while on a 14 day cruise. I asked for a receipt with the name/registration number of the person that treated me. Was told it was coming but had to ask a couple of times. Finally showed up on the second to last day in my cabin. It was detailed with all procedures, the name and number of the person that treated me. My insurance reimbursed me for most of it.

Our insurance denied it because they said the doctor wasn’t registered in our state. I gave up fighting them....

Different insurance companies have differing policies. Some have a classification of "miscellaneous provider" for massage, acupuncture, etc. Others require strict licensure and participation on their panel. Some require a Rx, others don't. Check with your specific insurer. Get as much documentation as possible while you're on board.

I worked for a company whose policy allowed alternative therapies like massage, Chinese medicine, etc. and all they needed was a legitimate receipt with itemized expenses.

I can get up to 30 massages a year with no copay, but I never thought of getting one on a ship and trying to get reimbursed. I would think they'd have to be part of the Blue Cross network, and I'm sure whomever is on an NCL ship is not.