Tips for Traveling with Adults Kids & Spouses on Freedom January 6th

Our last cruise where our 3 kids traveled with us they were 15 to 25 years old. We we ate most meals together and did all the shows and excursions together.

This is the first time we will be traveling with our adults kids and their spouses. There will be 7 of us on the Freedom Jan 6th in 4 separate cabins. We have 3 balcony cabins on deck 8 on same side. 2 are adjoining cabins near mid-aft. The other balcony is about 15 cabins away and more mid-forward. Then we have my single son in an interior cabin on deck 9 same side more mid ship.

I'd appreciate tips on how other families plan their trip to enjoy family time but also stay flexible.

Thanks

Sue

We cruised with our family. Mom and dad, siblings, spouses, grandchildren and a few other relatives. They were 27 of us in all. We did a few excursions together, but for the most part we did not. From the beginning, we let each other know what our plans were, but no one was under any obligation to join or not. We all met for dinner. We had three tables right by each other and rotated tables each night (our waiters were very good). By not having people expecting to be together all the time worked out really well and everyone had a great family vacation!

With a group that large, we just plan to meet for dinner each night. Any other events together, we just play it by ear.

this is exactly what my family has done. Works well for us as others don't feel like they are being forced into doing something that is not they don't really want to do.