Drink package upgrade

Thecat3902

Hey all we are sailing the seaside the end of June. As an early booking bonus we received a classic beverage package. My husband and I would like to upgrade to the all inclusive. I have read that it’s $56 and the code is 536. Has anyone called in and used this code for sure. When I talked to an agent today she said she didn’t want to mess up our booking and to call our travel agent to upgrade. I know MSC is goofy when you call in so am I better off dealing with them and hope I get the right agent to upgrade or should I have my travel agent deal with them until she gets one who will upgrade? Also is the code I have correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes the upgrade does work. We just got off of the Seaside this past week and had used it on our promo package from early booking. It was $56 per adult, $112 total. Kids don't have to upgrade. The full code is 536UPGAD. It is very very well worth the upgrade:)

Yes the upgrade does work. We just got off of the Seaside this past week and had used it on our promo package from early booking. It was $56 per adult, $112 total. Kids don't have to upgrade. The full code is 536UPGAD. It is very very well worth the upgrade:)

I upgraded direct with MSC and yes that is the correct code. $112 and they told me too that kids didn’t have to upgrade.

Go through your travel agent and let them do all the work for you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ours couldn’t/ wouldn’t do it! After a couple of phone class they finally did it but a couple of hours later I received a phone call cancelling the upgrade! So am going to try on board.

My TA tells me that I am not eligible, because the Classic package was gift.

I would still try, speak to the beverages agent, they are familiar with OBS 536 upgrade. Don’t take no for an answer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone. I called in yesterday and had it added as well as a spa package and photo package.Our final payment is due in 3 weeks so she said the invoice for these additions will be sent to my agent. All my items are showing on my msc bookings so I think I am good to go.

You mentioned that the kids don't have to pay an upgrade, we are in Aurea and it is 2 adults, a 14 and 12 year old. I am fine with paying the upgrade fee. What is it that the kids get with that Aurea package? Can they use it for milkshakes and ice cream or will we need to upgrade to a different package for them?

You mentioned that the kids don't have to pay an upgrade, we are in Aurea and it is 2 adults, a 14 and 12 year old. I am fine with paying the upgrade fee. What is it that the kids get with that Aurea package? Can they use it for milkshakes and ice cream or will we need to upgrade to a different package for them?

They will get the all inclusive classic non-alcoholic package. Includes milkshakes etc.

Those, who have got an upgrade, where are you sailing? I am going to Dubai and received a response that upgrade is not available for us :(. It is possible to upgrade only for MED, NOR, NCA. It is unfair :mad: By the way, what does NCA means?

So that I understand correctly that 56 per adult per day ???

Could someone please explain what you gain by upgrading to the deluxe package?

Free mini-bar, premium alcohol brands, higher end drinks like the martinis at the venchi chocolate bar, more selection at the gelato bar (ice cream bars), etc. for $112 it was very worth it.

Free mini-bar, premium alcohol brands, higher end drinks like the martinis at the venchi chocolate bar, more selection at the gelato bar (ice cream bars), etc. for $112 it was very worth it.

So we don't need to pay for kids to upgrade - and they still get upgraded?

So we don't need to pay for kids to upgrade - and they still get upgraded?

Correct. Sort of. They don’t upgrade the kids, but our kids still got whatever they wanted with the classic non-alcoholic package.

Being told this is not available on my sailing (Dec 15, 2018). They really need to get their stories straight.

Being told this is not available on my sailing (Dec 15, 2018). They really need to get their stories straight.

I just added it for Nov 17 2018 and Mar 16 2019. It should be available, you just have to get a rep that knows about it.

I just added it for Nov 17 2018 and Mar 16 2019. It should be available, you just have to get a rep that knows about it.

Called in and got a rep that definitely knew about this. She upgraded me without an issue. Went to my booking online and it shows up as Upgrade 534-536, followed immediately by Cancelled item - Upgrade 534-536

My TA tells me that I am not eligible, because the Classic package was gift.��

This is a fairly new item to prepurchase. Call back and say you want the upgrade to deluxe or premium and give the code 536UPGAD. If they say you can't, ask them to check with a supervisor.