Drink package upgrade

Thecat3902

I originally booked our Seaside sailing in Dec 2015, we were given the classic package free for all three of us in the cabin. I called this fast Friday, spoke with 2 different reps, both confirmed it could be add (called first to ask and check price, ran by other cabin mates and called back). It was $56 each for the three of us, new confirmation shows the same code people noted prior about the 536 upgrade. Went smoothly and neither rep I got had an issue.

You are lucky just to upgrade your husband! How will they know you are not having the items from mini bar etc and not just him?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Right that is what I was wondering, if you only upgrade 1 person does it include the minibar?

I am booked in a Fantastica Experiencebalcony on the Orchestra departing Rome on February 10th. As such, we will be receiving 12 free drinkvouchers per person as part of the package. Afterreading about the 536 UPGAD here on the forum, I had my TA call MSC to enquireif the upgrade was available. The TA wastold the upgrade is only available for upgrading from a classic to a premiumpackage – whatever this means. MSC didsay that we could purchase additional vouchers onboard. The price for a package of 15 vouchers is $72plus a 15% gratuity, which works out to be $5.52 per drink. The vouchers are usable at happy hour and youget 2 drinks for 1 voucher. I am wonderingif I might be able to upgrade to an unlimited package after we board. Anybody have a similar experience?

Ron

I am booked in a Fantastica Experiencebalcony on the Orchestra departing Rome on February 10th. As such, we will be receiving 12 free drinkvouchers per person as part of the package. Afterreading about the 536 UPGAD here on the forum, I had my TA call MSC to enquireif the upgrade was available. The TA wastold the upgrade is only available for upgrading from a classic to a premiumpackage – whatever this means. MSC didsay that we could purchase additional vouchers onboard. The price for a package of 15 vouchers is $72plus a 15% gratuity, which works out to be $5.52 per drink. The vouchers are usable at happy hour and youget 2 drinks for 1 voucher. I am wonderingif I might be able to upgrade to an unlimited package after we board. Anybody have a similar experience?

Ron

The classic (known as Restaurant & Bar - the prices quoted are for Med cruises) and premium (deluxe) drinks packages are all-inclusive drinks packages:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

You can purchase the all-inclusive packages when onboard. I believe your cruise is longer than 9 nights. Therefore, the packages onboard are cheaper per day than for cruises of 8 nights or less - €21 pppd for the basic (Restaurant & Bar) and €40 pppd for the deluxe (premium). You need to add a further 15% to these prices when purchasing onboard. If you prepay for the drink packages, you avoid the 15% service charge.

You can't purchase vouchers to cover a varied range of drinks on Med cruises, only specific ones for beer or wine or coffee packages.

There is no "Happy Hour" on the ships.

The classic (known as Restaurant & Bar - the prices quoted are for Med cruises) and premium (deluxe) drinks packages are all-inclusive drinks packages:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

You can purchase the all-inclusive packages when onboard. I believe your cruise is longer than 9 nights. Therefore, the packages onboard are cheaper per day than for cruises of 8 nights or less - €21 pppd for the basic (Restaurant & Bar) and €40 pppd for the deluxe (premium). You need to add a further 15% to these prices when purchasing onboard. If you prepay for the drink packages, you avoid the 15% service charge.

You can't purchase vouchers to cover a varied range of drinks on Med cruises, only specific ones for beer or wine or coffee packages.

There is no "Happy Hour" on the ships.

Thanks for the clarification!

Has anyone had success upgrading onboard? The Msc rep says it’s an option and hat it’s the same price. He said this is the only way we could use our OBC for the upgrade.

Yes, it's possible to upgrade onboard. In fact, you'll be directed to an area where they're selling drinks packages/vouchers as soon as you embark and they will be only too dellghted to upgrade whatever package you have. However, you will pay an extra 15% service charge, so, no, it's really not the same price onboard as it is if you can upgrade prior to sailing, when you can avoid this 15% extra charge.

• 1 month later...
Have given up trying will wait till get on board and try then! Just have to bite the bullet and pay the 15% service charge. We also have the Aurea package.

If you upgrade onboard, OBC can be used, correct? If so, may be worth the 15%. ;)

For everyone quoting $56 is that for a 7 night cruise in the Caribbean?

I did the math to upgrade to the All-Inclusive Deluxe Drink Package from what's included with my Aurea booking (All-Inclusive Deluxe Drink Package) and the difference is $21 per day/almost $300 for the 14 nights in Northern Europe. The top package (All-Inclusive Deluxe Drink Package) costs the same for all regions but the "included" Aurea one step down package is much cheaper for the UAE, Mediterranean and Northern Europe vs the Caribbean so it doesn't seem to be as crazy good of a deal for non Caribbean itineraries.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm curious. We have the mealtime package included on our Meraviglia Southampton to New York cruise in September 2019. Can this be upgraded to the all inclusive classic package? Obviously we can phone MSC and ask, but just wondered if anyone has been able to do this?

TIA.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the cost to upgrade from the drinks on us promo to the all-inclusive non-alcoholic package? I received my invoice from my TA, and it shows that we were charged $161 to upgrade DD, which works out to $23/day or the full package price. On the other hand, DH and I were each charged $182 or $26/day to upgrade to the deluxe package, which sounds correct. I put an email in to my TA, but wanted to see if anyone here can shed some light on the situation.

Does anyone know the cost to upgrade from the drinks on us promo to the all-inclusive non-alcoholic package? I received my invoice from my TA, and it shows that we were charged $161 to upgrade DD, which works out to $23/day or the full package price. On the other hand, DH and I were each charged $182 or $26/day to upgrade to the deluxe package, which sounds correct. I put an email in to my TA, but wanted to see if anyone here can shed some light on the situation.

According to Website it is $26/day per person.

According to Website it is $26/day per person.

Yes, $26/day is the price to upgrade to the deluxe all-inclusive. I'm trying to find out the price to upgrade to the non-alcoholic all-inclusive for my daughter, who will be 9 when we sail. The price I was charged amounts to $23/day, which is the full package price for the non-alcoholic all-inclusive package, so it seems like I might have been overcharged.

Please help!! We are sailing TA in October and are wondering about drink packages. We are in the Fastastica and get 12 drinks but the cruise is 21 days! Do they have small packages or vouchers available like on other cruises that you can purchase while onboard? Can one get the drink package and not the other? This is our first MSC cruise and it sounds like their customer service is not, sometimes. ANY advice would help. Thanks.