Drink package upgrade

Thecat3902

I called for my March 2018 trip and they told me they could not :( I have the classic it was part of the offer and would not upgrade. Told me I would have to pay full price for the drink package.
Don't take no for an answer. Call back a few times until you get a CSR that knows what they are doing. Mention the proper code mentioned in an earlier post. If you're still having problems, ask to speak to a supervisor.

Yes the upgrade does work. We just got off of the Seaside this past week and had used it on our promo package from early booking. It was $56 per adult, $112 total. Kids don't have to upgrade. The full code is 536UPGAD. It is very very well worth the upgrade:)

What’s this now? We need to have a code to order drinks now? We can’t use plain English to explain what we want?

So they are offering the Drink package on Seaside? We could nor find it while booking last night.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What’s this now? We need to have a code to order drinks now? We can’t use plain English to explain what we want?

So they are offering the Drink package on Seaside? We could nor find it while booking last night.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The code is for upgrading from the classic drink package to the deluxe. It is only applicable with the Aurea package or a promo that included the classic drink package. It has nothing to do with ordering drinks on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello everyone! Just called MSC and they keep telling me that the code works only with the Aurea Package. They asked me for a reservation number from someone who got the upgrade so they could check and try to do the same. I don't understand why some of us can and others can't :/ I got my All Inclusive Classic in a promo.

Ya I'm in the same boat my classic package came as a promo and we are Fantasia and I was told I could not upgrade with that code. If I was to upgrade was going to cost us full price :( not sure why they could not take the value of the Classic package and knock that off the cost of the upgrade :(

Hi, does anyone know if it is normal package price if you want to get the classic package from fantastica class?

Thanks

It has already been reported that if you're upgrading from the mealtime package to the classic, it's 399 for two people for the week. If you don't have the mealtime package already as a promo, then it's 47 per day for the classic or 55 per day for the premium, plus 15%. They don't sell the 18 vouchers for 89.00 anymore.

Clear as mud. ;)

Hmmmm - so now when I go to my booking I do not have any options for drink packages. I can do a bottle of wine/day' date=' but I do not get any drink package offers.

I have mealtime dining right now.[/quote']

You can't upgrade online, anyway. You have to either contact MSC (if you booked directly) or get your TA to do it.

You can't upgrade online, anyway. You have to either contact MSC (if you booked directly) or get your TA to do it.

Which is new. At Christmas time I could select all-inclusive packages (alcohol and non-alcoholic) and had them in my cart but was afraid to buy them... now they aren’t there at all. [emoji12]

Which is new. At Christmas time I could select all-inclusive packages (alcohol and non-alcoholic) and had them in my cart but was afraid to buy them... now they aren’t there at all. [emoji12]

Yes' date=' you can book them online (when the website is operational, that is!). I'm saying that you can't [i']upgrade[/i] online. You say you have the mealtime drinks package. You'll pay full price for any other packages if you order them online, whereas you only pay the difference if you upgrade.

Think we have the same issue as a few others, we booked a Balcony Fantasica on Seaside which included a promotional Classic Drinks package.

We have asked to upgrade to the Deluxe Drinks and have been told it will cost £42 per person per day which is the normal cost of the package anyway, surely MSC do not charge the full package price just to upgrade ?

I have called both the travel agent and MSC and both are telling me the same thing ?

Think we have the same issue as a few others, we booked a Balcony Fantasica on Seaside which included a promotional Classic Drinks package.

We have asked to upgrade to the Deluxe Drinks and have been told it will cost £42 per person per day which is the normal cost of the package anyway, surely MSC do not charge the full package price just to upgrade ?

I have called both the travel agent and MSC and both are telling me the same thing ?

If you've booked through a TA, MSC won't deal with you. You need to tell your TA that you want code number 534 on your booking (MSC's system code for the classic package) upgraded to 536 (the code for the premium/deluxe). The system should calculate out the difference in price.

If you've booked through a TA, MSC won't deal with you. You need to tell your TA that you want code number 534 on your booking (MSC's system code for the classic package) upgraded to 536 (the code for the premium/deluxe). The system should calculate out the difference in price.

Many thanks, will relay this information to our TA and see what they come back with

Yes, you can book them online (when the website is operational, that is!). I'm saying that you can't upgrade online. You say you have the mealtime drinks package. You'll pay full price for any other packages if you order them online, whereas you only pay the difference if you upgrade.

But what is odd is the website seems operational but the option is gone.

I don’t want to upgrade. I want to buy the package for one of our 4-pax staterooms and then have that stateroom give their 12 drink vouchers to the other 4-pax stateroom.

Then one stateroom will have unlimited and the other will have 24 drinks pp.

We want non-alcoholic package.

But it’s gone now... ???

That didn’t work with our U.K. TA , I tried phoning MSC U.K. and they actually said you can only upgrade a Caribbean cruise drink package onboard!

That didn’t work with our U.K. TA , I tried phoning MSC U.K. and they actually said you can only upgrade a Caribbean cruise drink package onboard!

I have an Aurea booking (directly with MSC UK) on a Caribbean cruise and I upgraded the included drinks package to premium/deluxe by emailing them. That's where I got the codes from - I was sent a screenshot of the upgrade.

I have an Aurea booking (directly with MSC UK) on a Caribbean cruise and I upgraded the included drinks package to premium/deluxe by emailing them. That's where I got the codes from - I was sent a screenshot of the upgrade.

Have given up trying will wait till get on board and try then! Just have to bite the bullet and pay the 15% service charge. We also have the Aurea package.

Have given up trying will wait till get on board and try then! Just have to bite the bullet and pay the 15% service charge. We also have the Aurea package.

It's only $56 pp to upgrade for a 7 night cruise so the 15% is negligible (unlike the difference of €24 pppd to upgrade on other cruises, so the 15% has more of an impact). In our case, we'll save $74.40 by being able to prepay the upgrade.

However, it's frustrating that some can get the upgrade added to their booking and others can't.

It's only $56 pp to upgrade for a 7 night cruise so the 15% is negligible (unlike the difference of €24 pppd to upgrade on other cruises, so the 15% has more of an impact). In our case, we'll save $74.40 by being able to prepay the upgrade.

However, it's frustrating that some can get the upgrade added to their booking and others can't.

The best thing is I thought I had got it using the code! Was charged £76 (for both of us) to my credit card then got a phone call about an hour later saying that sorry it couldn’t be done after all and they refunded me!

The best thing is I thought I had got it using the code! Was charged £76 (for both of us) to my credit card then got a phone call about an hour later saying that sorry it couldn’t be done after all and they refunded me!

At the time I had the upgrade added to my booking (it's not due to be paid 'til final payment date as we're in Ireland) and the email was sent showing the screenshot, I received another email saying that it had disappeared from the system! I was advised by the person I was dealing with (a supervisor in MSC) that she would get in touch with the IT department to have it inserted back onto the booking. That was last July. I still haven't had confirmation that the upgrade is in place. I emailed this morning to follow it up. At least I have the email with the screenshot to prove that the upgrade, including the cost, was added, originally.

Free mini-bar, premium alcohol brands, higher end drinks like the martinis at the venchi chocolate bar, more selection at the gelato bar (ice cream bars), etc. for $112 it was very worth it.

So I called yesterday and upgraded just my husband for $56 because he likes the premium alcohol. We are sailing on the Seaside my question is, does the minibar come with that upgrade? Mostly I’m asking because I just upgraded him and didn’t know if someone had done that and also had the minibar included.

So I called yesterday and upgraded just my husband for $56 because he likes the premium alcohol. We are sailing on the Seaside my question is, does the minibar come with that upgrade? Mostly I’m asking because I just upgraded him and didn’t know if someone had done that and also had the minibar included.

You are lucky just to upgrade your husband! How will they know you are not having the items from mini bar etc and not just him?