NCL Bermuda cruise from Boston??

nt199206

Hello everyone!

My wife and I got married on the Norwegian Getaway back in March, and we are currently planning our 1-year anniversary cruise for June 2018. The NCL Dawn 7day itinerary from Boston with a three night stay in Bermuda is really catching our eye... has anyone done this voyage? The overnight in port will be new to us. I appreciate any tips or feedback if you have gone! Thanks!

The Dawn is a lovely ship and Bermuda is one of our favorite itineraries. There is much to do there and the island is beautiful. Typically we spend one day at the beach (Tobacco Bay or Horseshoe Bay), one day in St. George and one day either in Hamilton or walking around the dockyard or split the day. But there is also a lot more you can do. Bermuda has some great restaurants and it is very easy to get around via ferry or bus.

This board will have lots of answers to your questions:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Enjoy,

Tracy

We did it this past year -- 2nd cruise to Bermuda, lovely trip! We enjoyed the Dawn very much.

Because they held the America's Cup races in Bermuda this year, we were able to watch some of the qualifying events. That was cool! But Bermuda is a lovely destination even when there are no races to watch.

The Dawn is a lovely ship and Bermuda is one of our favorite itineraries. There is much to do there and the island is beautiful. Typically we spend one day at the beach (Tobacco Bay or Horseshoe Bay), one day in St. George and one day either in Hamilton or walking around the dockyard or split the day. But there is also a lot more you can do. Bermuda has some great restaurants and it is very easy to get around via ferry or bus.

This board will have lots of answers to your questions:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Enjoy,

Tracy

Thanks Tracy! This was very helpful. 😁

We sailed on the Dawn to Bermuda this past September as a last minute deal. We had no expectations since we had grown accustomed to the bigger ships BA , GA and the Escape and didn't want to spend our entire vacation comparing the Dawn to it's newer and bigger siblings. . So we went with an open mind... and WOW to our surprise we absolutely LOVED our cruise on the Dawn and it made us realize that bigger doesn't have to mean better. We didn't miss all the things that we thought we would miss. AND Bermuda is just awesome and beautiful! :)

We usually do a winter getaway each year and had plans to book the Escape or Getaway for 2018. But after sailing on the Dawn it has completely changed our mind set and we are now booked on the Jade for our 2018 winter getaway.

Take a look at my video if you want to get an idea of what to expect on the Dawn and Bermuda.

Happy Sailing!

Ar3LgB1W2yA

I'm planning to do this June 2019, just waiting for schedules to open up! I'm so excited, it'll be a girls trip with my sister and some friends. I love the idea of my husband just dropping me off at the port! That said, I don't have firsthand experience.

bermuda is heaven on earth, and my happy place. i would go every year if i could! Ive been 4x, and i always find new things to see and do.

pick up a Fodor's, and plan to buy the bus and ferry pass. you can easily and safely see the entire island on your own.

Bermuda is a great island, very safe. Public transportation is good. Norwegian runs a free ferry from the Dockyard to St. George as well.

The North Atlantic can be a bit choppy, so bring seasick meds (I recommend Bonine) just in case.

We sailed on the Dawn to Bermuda this past September as a last minute deal. We had no expectations since we had grown accustomed to the bigger ships BA , GA and the Escape and didn't want to spend our entire vacation comparing the Dawn to it's newer and bigger siblings. . So we went with an open mind... and WOW to our surprise we absolutely LOVED our cruise on the Dawn and it made us realize that bigger doesn't have to mean better. We didn't miss all the things that we thought we would miss. AND Bermuda is just awesome and beautiful! :)

We usually do a winter getaway each year and had plans to book the Escape or Getaway for 2018. But after sailing on the Dawn it has completely changed our mind set and we are now booked on the Jade for our 2018 winter getaway.

Take a look at my video if you want to get an idea of what to expect on the Dawn and Bermuda.

Happy Sailing!

Ar3LgB1W2yA

awesome video! did you use a drone at certain times? where is the cave like area where you went swiming that has stairs leading down to it?

Happy Sailing!

Ar3LgB1W2yA

That was a truly awesome video! Loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums