Harvest Caye Villa pricing

TBBucman

Anybody notice that the price for the Harvest Caye villa for the 10/07/17 cruise jumped up $200.00 to $699.00? $499.00 was doable, but after figuring the drinks, food and tip, I will stay on the ship. ��:cool:

Edited by TBBucman

I posted today about the increase in price of the villas and cabanas. On the web site to research shore excursions the villas showed a price of 349 now 699 and cabanas 175 now 399. I called to ask why the big price increase or if it was a mistake. They said it was high season...in October? And there wouldn't be a ship there if the hurricane hadn't happened. Price gouging!!:mad:

If you have six people for the villa it's $116.00 each for an entire day, less expensive than many NCL excursions. We did exactly that last February and we had such a wonderful day that they practically had to drag us back to the ship.

Tracy

Show me 1 excursion that doesn't provide any food or drinks and has no transportation costs for $116. Just one.

This is just another example of NCL being greedy.

It's supply and demand. Go grab a lounge on the beach and enjoy your relatively free day. NCL provides amazing platters of food and full bar service all day, worth the price of admission in my opionion. We had a great time in our villa, $499.00 for the two of us and would more than likely pay 600, we loved it that much. It's all what your willing to pay.

Show me 1 excursion that doesn't provide any food or drinks and has no transportation costs for $116. Just one.

This is just another example of NCL being greedy.

We were provided with free bottles of water and each of us had lunch and a few drinks for an average added cost of $50pp which included tips). Still worth every penny (IMHO) for a private piece of paradise if only for one day.

Tracy

We were provided with free bottles of water and each of us had lunch and a few drinks for an average added cost of $50pp which included tips). Still worth every penny (IMHO) for a private piece of paradise if only for one day.

Tracy

We have a beach villa for an upcoming cruise. Do you happen to recall how many free bottles of water we might get for our $699?

We have a group of 10 and rented two of them in January. Looking forward to our own personal slice of heaven while we are there. Do what you like! This is one thing we have been wanting to do for a long time. Can't wait, and don't care how much it costs, we're on vacation and want to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

We had to change our cruise since we couldn't get a flight. I decided on Harvest Caye only for the beach villa. After I booked the cruise, I went to book the excursion advertised at $467 CAD. When I logged into my account I noticed it is now $699!! We didn't like Belize the first time we went there. Thought we could spurge for a villa this time, but not at that rate.

We had one booked for 10/14 for $499 and as we were also forced to have the same ports for 10/21 itinerary (hurricane issues of course) I looked at booking it for the second week. The price HAD gone up $200....which surprised me as the 10/21 sailing was supposed to be an EASTERN Caribbean sailing. So not only did these people miss their entire itinerary, the Harvest Caye Luxury Villas went up $200.......boggled my mind a bit as well.

And for the record? We had to cancel both of our cruises....so hopefully someone grabbed up our Villa on the 10/14 sailing....but they might have raised the price on that one as well.

I was SO diligent in obtaining the Villa too...spent WAY too many hours online to assure that we had one reserved.....oh well, maybe next time! And I DO think that everyone needs to try it for themselves as no matter what the price, it will be worth it for some and not for others......still waiting to try it though.....at any price!

It's hard to figure out pricing. I booked one on NCL Jade (11 day) for $349 and it does not include a platinum discount since they said I have to ask at the guest service desk for my platinum discount once on board.

Don't bother spending the money. Was there last week. You can get a lounge chair with an umbrella for free anywhere on the beach. Kind of a make believe stop. Like going to Disneyland. All made for the boat. Beach sand was course. Water was a murky brown/green like lake water and it smelled. The pool looked nice (also complimentary) but didn't go in. Souvenirs are expensive. Have to pay for the new huts. Still have no idea what Belize is like. Never got there.

Don't bother spending the money. Was there last week. You can get a lounge chair with an umbrella for free anywhere on the beach. Kind of a make believe stop. Like going to Disneyland. All made for the boat. Beach sand was course. Water was a murky brown/green like lake water and it smelled. The pool looked nice (also complimentary) but didn't go in. Souvenirs are expensive. Have to pay for the new huts. Still have no idea what Belize is like. Never got there.

Was the "was there last week" in a villa or not? Just curious because you mention how disappointing all the public stuff is without saying a word about the villa itself.

Was the "was there last week" in a villa or not? Just curious because you mention how disappointing all the public stuff is without saying a word about the villa itself.
I don't want to spoil the surprise, but I have a side by side comparison of the Harvest Caye sand and the sand on the south end of Fort Lauderdale Beach (post Hurricane Irma.) The Harvest Caye samples are from October 9th. The Fort Lauderdale samples are from the 7th and 14th.

I'll go out on a limb and say that the HC sand is sub-optimal.

We did, however, like the villa.

I guess the question is did you $400 like the villa, and would you $700 like the villa? :D

I've never really thought much about beach sand, so I'd probably never have noticed except that it's been brought up often in reviews.

The Villa is just a room with a L-shaped couch a little table in the corner and is air-conditioned. The ice in the cocktails were melted by the time they delivered them and overpriced at that!. I was so disappointed in the sand and water. I am confused about the water. Does anyone know if the island is positioned in a bay or for what reason is the water so dirty ? NOT like water anywhere in the caribbean. Reminds me of water in a shipping channel. And take your water shoes because the sand hurts your feet. I can't believe they raised the prices ... I thought it was aweful at $499