"cruise ticket" and spa access

suec12

I received my cruise documents today and read that when I embark I will be requested to show my "cruise ticket" and my passport. I do not see anything in my packet that is labeled "cruise ticket" and it seems on other cruises (not Oceania) I did have a piece of paper that somewhat resembled a ticket. I do have a hefty brouchure that includes a page with my info like passport number, address, cabin number, emergency contact etc. Is that my ticket?

Also, will I be able to access the spa (like the steam room or the whirlpool in there) with out a fee? I'm not much on massages but I am thinking it might be nice to relax in the steam room after a long day in port. Thanks for your info. SueC12

I do not recall having a "cruise ticket" just show your I.D. as long as you are in the system you are ok

As for the T-pool there is a fee unless you book a spa appointment then you have free access for 1 hr before or have the treatment. Steam room is free entrance from gym.

Also have Hot tubs on the pool deck

Lyn

will I be able to access the spa (like the steam room or the whirlpool in there) with out a fee? I'm not much on massages but I am thinking it might be nice to relax in the steam room after a long day in port.

There is no charge for the steam room. There is one for ladies, one for men, each located adjacent to the locker room for that gender. The locker rooms are well supplied with soap, shampoo, body lotion and clean towels.

You may access the Steam room at any hour that the Spa is open. Check your Currents (the shipboard "newspaper") to confim what those hours will be. The Spa hours vary greatly, especially when the ship is in port.

The Spa calls that large "whirlpool", located in front of the gym, the "Thallasotherapy Pool". It is filled with heated, chlorinated salt water (as the name implies). The T-pool is about five times as large as the whirlpools which are on the main pool deck.

As Lyn stated, if you book a spa treatment (facial, massage etc), you may use the T-pool before and after.

Depending on how well the T-pool is used, the Spa Manager MAY (at his or her discretion) sell "day" or "Length of Cruise" passes, for use of the T-Pool only.

The cost and the availability of those passes vary from cruise to cruise. If you're interested, you will need to inquire at the Spa, once you are on the ship. On our past cruises the prices have ranged from $10 per day (in the Mediterranean) to $15 (Baltic).

As with anything , there may be specials as the cruise progresses.

The "personalized" cruise documents are new, to me at least. I think that O sends an e ticket to your travel agent a few weeks before sailing. The travel agent, from what I understand, will either forward the email or copy it and mail it to you. When we've embarked on Oceania before, we just gave our name and cabin number. I like the new docs since it's so personalized to your cruise, cabin, and itinerary. Still miss the old "leather" folder though.

Joan

For our September 2008 cruise, our travel agent received an email from Oceania just over two weeks before embarkation that was labelled a Final Cruise Vacation Summary for each of us (Adobe Reader) that included final itinerary, our Oceania email addresses, embarkation port information, etc. It would also have included tour, flight information and other transfer information if we had purchased any of these from Oceania.

We were asked to present this material and our passports to Oceania personnel when boarding.

We were asked to present this material and our passports to Oceania personnel when boarding

We always bring that stuff along with us (because we're used to the old paper ticket mentality), however, the Oceania agent at the dock always tosses it aside without even looking at it.

All that they want is your name and photo ID (to prove that it IS your name). Oh, and the credit card for onboard charges!

I suppose that we'll continue to carry proof that we're booked on the cruise with us, but we'll keep it in our pockets until an issue arises. Paper is getting to be SO last century.

We just heard from former shipmates that even Holland America has stopped issuing paper tickets completely, unless the passenger pays an upcharge for a hard copy.

Archived