"Exlusive Destination Seminar"

In Toronto

We are sailing, for the first time, in Concierge Class and today received an email with some of the benefits. One was the "Exclusive Destination Seminar".

We have cruised many times and usually avoid these Destination Talks because they are just shopping talks which is of no interest to us. Is this the case for the Concierge Seminar or is this a true Destination Seminar? Been to the Caribbean many times but always interested in learning more about the islands.

Ellen

The last one I attended was kind of a disappointment because it was primarily about what excursions Celebrity was offering in upcoming ports. I had thought it would provide more background about the actual ports such as history and what the port is well-known for or why Celebrity even goes to that port, but that isn't what was given. It was not a shopping lecture, but an excursion lecture.

Also I wasn't sure why this was a special event just for a select group of people. I don't even think invitations were checked at the door. Anyone could have attended. There was nothing exclusive that a general port review wouldn't also have.

That is not to say your particular presentation won't be better. I'm just saying the one I attended did not offer anything special. Even the cabin TVs show similar port excursion information and the videos are better.