Sapphire - mid aft cabin vibration question

LoriPhil

Help! We've booked cabin d603 which is in the middle of the mid-aft dolphin deck - Sapphire Princess for a 14 day cruise. I'm hoping someone with experience on this (or the Diamond Princess) can advise whether we see much vibration in that area, because, though I suspect it's a tad more stable sailing, we still have a bit of time to book mid-forward if it's an issue. We had a 14 day cruise previously on the Coral but it was way-far aft, and the vibration drove us crazy at night.

Thoughts? and many thanks!

I was just on the Sapphire in D734. It was just fine. I really like the aft facing cabins but settled for the mini suite this time.

Only problems I had were the toilet not flushing for 2 days, although maintenance did come to fix it both days, very poor internet from my cabin, and the tv's did not work for 2 days.

First 5 days of cruise sailing was very smooth-Southampton to Guernsey-La Rochelle-Bilboa, then seas were a bit rough for last 2 days-felt everywhere on ship.

Nice, clean, new bedding, carpets in hall. Crew were great.

I was just on the Sapphire in D734. It was just fine. I really like the aft facing cabins but settled for the mini suite this time.

Only problems I had were the toilet not flushing for 2 days, although maintenance did come to fix it both days, very poor internet from my cabin, and the tv's did not work for 2 days.

First 5 days of cruise sailing was very smooth-Southampton to Guernsey-La Rochelle-Bilboa, then seas were a bit rough for last 2 days-felt everywhere on ship.

Nice, clean, new bedding, carpets in hall. Crew were great.

Hi do you have any photo of your mini suite - we are in a very close mini suite to your one on Sapphire in a couple of months. Hope you had a good time.

People are all different.On Coral we had an aft-facing ocean view on Baja for 17 days and didn't really feel much at all. In fact, I've booked that same cabin for a 19 day cruise in November. We sailed in an aft-facing Caribe balcony (C752) on Grand and I told my wife that "people used to put quarters into a machine to make their bed vibrate like this". We had no issue with it but some other people might absolutely hate it. We did a 28 day last year on Emerald and some folks from our roll call group sailed in C752 and hated the vibrations. She said "never again!".

Hi do you have any photo of your mini suite - we are in a very close mini suite to your one on Sapphire in a couple of months. Hope you had a good time.

sorry no photos but Princess site shows layout. had a great cruise. crew tried their best to solve any issues

We were on the Sapphire last week, no vibration detected anywhere on the ship. Last January on the the Caribbean was a different matter, it was like sitting on a washing machine!

We were also on the Sapphire last week, but in B335 mid ships and didn't feel any vibration there or anywhere on the ship for that matter. A couple of days we didn't even realise we'd docked, it was that smooth.

We were on the Sapphire last week, no vibration detected anywhere on the ship. Last January on the the Caribbean was a different matter, it was like sitting on a washing machine!
Hi I agree we were on the same cruise yes movement but not vibration. I thought the ship handled the swells pretty well.

People are all different.On Coral we had an aft-facing ocean view on Baja for 17 days and didn't really feel much at all. In fact, I've booked that same cabin for a 19 day cruise in November. We sailed in an aft-facing Caribe balcony (C752) on Grand and I told my wife that "people used to put quarters into a machine to make their bed vibrate like this". We had no issue with it but some other people might absolutely hate it. We did a 28 day last year on Emerald and some folks from our roll call group sailed in C752 and hated the vibrations. She said "never again!".

Hey Thrak! We had the identical cabin (C752) on the Crown, just off 3 weeks ago. Loved it! Very minimal

vibration.