West Coast Bloggers Cruise? Here's your chance!

dobiemom

From John's blog today:

"Well, the news is that I have decided not to have another bloggers cruise this year but to do one in February 2011. I am sorry if that is disappointing news but I just haven’t had the time to arrange one for this year and with me being on the Carnival Magic in Europe in 2011 I think it would be nice to do one around Valentine’s Day. I have not decided what ship yet. I am looking at the Carnival Glory, Carnival Liberty and Carnival Miracle and would like to know what you think. I want to make this the best bloggers cruise ever and I have decided to be the cruise director this time. You see, it was frustrating not being able to get up there and entertain you and this time I will find a happy medium between being your cruise director and spending time together. Anyway, let me know your thoughts on this over the next few weeks and I will look at what you have said and announce the date in February and the ship I have chosen very soon."

So go on the blog and tell him we want it on the West Coast!

All three choices are from Florida. I voted for the Carnival Miracle on Feb. 15. I guess we'll know soon.

He says he hasn't decided. He's looking at those three but wants to know what we think. I thought maybe we could flood him with requests for the west coast and he'd come here. :rolleyes: Maybe it's just a Pipe Dream. But a girl can wish!

From John's blog today:

"Well, the news is that I have decided not to have another bloggers cruise this year but to do one in February 2011. I am sorry if that is disappointing news but I just haven’t had the time to arrange one for this year and with me being on the Carnival Magic in Europe in 2011 I think it would be nice to do one around Valentine’s Day. I have not decided what ship yet. I am looking at the Carnival Glory, Carnival Liberty and Carnival Miracle and would like to know what you think. I want to make this the best bloggers cruise ever and I have decided to be the cruise director this time. You see, it was frustrating not being able to get up there and entertain you and this time I will find a happy medium between being your cruise director and spending time together. Anyway, let me know your thoughts on this over the next few weeks and I will look at what you have said and announce the date in February and the ship I have chosen very soon."

So go on the blog and tell him we want it on the West Coast!

He won't do it on the West Coast just because he has a few bloggers that refuse to travel to the West Coast. I asked people on Cruise Critic if they would do a bloggers cruise with John and 22 replied "YES", 3 "NO" and 2 if he did the Hawaii or Alaska cruises. Even with this he replied to me that he had talked to A FEW of his bloggers and they want it on the East Coast. I figure after 22 years, if he could not find the time by now, he is never going to do it.

He won't do it on the West Coast just because he has a few bloggers that refuse to travel to the West Coast. I asked people on Cruise Critic if they would do a bloggers cruise with John and 22 replied "YES", 3 "NO" and 2 if he did the Hawaii or Alaska cruises. Even with this he replied to me that he had talked to A FEW of his bloggers and they want it on the East Coast. I figure after 22 years, if he could not find the time by now, he is never going to do it.

That's so disappointing. He sounds link a hoot on his blog and I would love to sail with him someday. But why is is OK to make us fly to the east coast?

I'm going to chime in here, for what little it's worth.

I do read John's blog, but haven't been on a "Blogger's Cruise" or even been on any of the large ships YET.

But, I'm willing to bet he is going to go where his biggest fan base is. If 50-75% of your fans are already in Florida or even on the East Coast within driving distance, then it only makes sense to do it on the East Coast.

Kind of like why the smaller cities never get the good concerts- more people already in the city = a sold out house. If it is in smaller town and folks have to drive too far and/or fly (well maybe not for a concert, but it's just an example) then chances are you are going to be giving away tickets.

And let's not forget about the extra money possibly spent on the cruise by all of the folks that didn't have to fly in for it.

You go where the money and fans are unfortunately. I know no one WANTS to hear it, but maybe, just maybe you/they should...... if one man is so important to make or break your vacation, then pop for the plane tickets.... if not, he is, after all, just a man.....

He needs to keep west coasters happy too. There are a lot of people who cruise from the left coast. I have been on 15 Carnival and 3 RCCl cruises 1 was from Florida the rest were from California. People out here go to the same places because we love cruising and we can manage it when we don't have to fly. My last cruise director was a complete waste. I am glad the cruise director isn't important to me. If I found out he was on another cruise I was on I would avoid him, but if there was another choice I would take it. John sounds really fun. I guess the West Coast isn't very important to Carnival since they are taking away the Elation even after they said how popular the Cabo, Cabo cruises were. I just don't get it. They have enough ships, they could keep one in San Diego year round. I guess I will have to explore different options.

Candi

I think what is really boils down to is the fact that us West Coast cruisers feel like we aren't important enough to be considered. WE have to do ALL the traveling if we want to sail with John on a cruise; it just seems like it would be far to have just one Bloggers Cruise from the West Coast.

"If you do it, they will come" :D

I think what is really boils down to is the fact that us West Coast cruisers feel like we aren't important enough to be considered. WE have to do ALL the traveling if we want to sail with John on a cruise; it just seems like it would be far to have just one Bloggers Cruise from the West Coast.

"If you do it, they will come" :D

this is from John's Blog today...

Please have a read of these links which my friend Host Mach from Cruise Critic sent me today.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1178120

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1178115

Well, I want to apologize to everyone who was disappointed that I am not hosting a bloggers cruise but I mostly want to say sorry for those who feel I am abandoning the west coast. I realize that the three ships I named as potential 2011 vessels to host BC4 all have Florida home ports and for those on the west coast it becomes more expensive to reach them. There are some factors which go into this choice that I want to tell you about. Obviously I need to look at where the majority of people who have sailed on the first three bloggers cruses are based. Secondly, I have to look at pricing and stateroom availability. Well actually it’s the people with beards who do this not me but you get my point.

However, I know this will not appease the folks in California and beyond which is why I wanted to take this time to apologize.

However, the good news is that I have asked the Miami office to change my schedule for the rest of this year and have asked to be the cruise director on the Carnival Splendor from August through to mid-December. Chris Prideaux the director of entertainment is seeing if that is feasible and I hope to have positive news on this very soon.

I was due to be the CD on the Carnival Pride and Carnival Spirit and one other ship but I would prefer to be on one ship the whole time and that would allow Heidi and Kye to sail with me more often as well. And so I choose the Carnival Splendor for this which I hope in some way will make up for the disappointment of the next bloggers cruise most likely being on an east coast ship. I also apologize to the Jolimont on Cruise Critic who wrote that she likes my jokes but finds them “warmed up.“

Jolimont….I have a new joke……..maybe more…..so come and sail on the Carnival Magic. I bet you dinner at the Steakhouse I can make you laugh out loud. And if I win the bet you have to tell everyone that I made you laugh. Deal?

Once I have confirmed what is happening I hope that maybe we could arrange a cruise on the Carnival Splendor where maybe the bloggers who live out there can do a mini unofficial bloggers cruise and all sail together so I can look after you…….there will be free photos of me in a thong…….which a Cruise Critic reader called Kurbanfan who wrote “I’ve never read his blog nor will I ever read his blog. What can he say to me that hasn’t been said here or been experienced by me?” I promise you will never have experienced anything like that! And I bet a 45 year old fat bloke with hemorrhoids has never said that to you before.

Goodnight

Your friend

John

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2010/04/08/eustice-and-cruise-critic/

:)

From John's blog today, April 8th:

"However, the good news is that I have asked the Miami office to change my schedule for the rest of this year and have asked to be the cruise director on the Carnival Splendor from August through to mid-December. Chris Prideaux the director of entertainment is seeing if that is feasible and I hope to have positive news on this very soon."

Just an FYI:)

:eek: Host Mach beat me by 3 minutes :D

It was actually a bit quicker than that... I emailed John at 9:08 this morning and he replied at 9:11...

:D

I didn't want this to get out of hand and I knew that John would address it...

:)

Archived