Royal's last cruise

cruiser485

We're on Royal's last cruise as a Princess ship, on our way to Fort Lauderdale but very disappointed. We still have two weeks to go, very limited selection of wine on board, running out of some liquors, both boutiques will be closing a week before port. If this had been a bargain cruise, I wouldn't complain but it certainly was not. Crew members are busy "packing", worrying about their move and passengers are not #1.

We're on Royal's last cruise as a Princess ship, on our way to Fort Lauderdale but very disappointed. We still have two weeks to go, very limited selection of wine on board, running out of some liquors, both boutiques will be closing a week before port. If this had been a bargain cruise, I wouldn't complain but it certainly was not. Crew members are busy "packing", worrying about their move and passengers are not #1.

Oh, now that doesn't sound like the most fun cruise ever. :( We had such a lovely time in February and March on the Royal. I wondered if maybe things would be a bit different the last week or two onboard the final sailing. Sorry this is happening to you and other passengers. Hopefully you will have nice weather and at least get to enjoy the ship, ports and sea days.

Really sorry about your situation on the Royal--We just disembarked on March 13th--up to that time--absolutely couldn't find anything not to be happy with--the only thing we didn't have (most of the time) we were on for 20 days--was Diet Coke.

Guess, that at this time, not much can or will be done--

Is the ship full ?? I would think that it would be--sounded like a very good cruise.

Nancy:D

Sorry you're having a bad experience. We were on the cruise with Seal and Toto and it's hard to believe the wonderful staff we experienced have changed so much in a month. I'm following a blog of someone on your cruise and he doesn't seem to be having any problems other than the ship being out of some of the wines (which, actually, has been the case on most of our cruises. Some of the wines on the extensive wine list just aren't on every single ship for every single cruise).

Any idea what Larraine Arzt, the lady who has lived on the Royal for several years, will do when the Royal leaves the fleet?

Lorraine left the ship in December. I was in the cabin next to hers and the steward said she was home in California.

Any idea what Larraine Arzt, the lady who has lived on the Royal for several years, will do when the Royal leaves the fleet?

I was told by one of those in charge that they were not expecting Lorraine to return to live onboard any of the Princess ships in the future. So, unless things change, it looks like Princess will no longer have a full time guest onboard any of their ships. :(

Bummer... I know it changes the whole vibe of a cruise when the crew is preocupied with changing/leaving the ship, let alone when the entire ship is leaving, :confused:

Really sorry to hear it

Srpilo

Sorry you're having a bad experience. We were on the cruise with Seal and Toto and it's hard to believe the wonderful staff we experienced have changed so much in a month. I'm following a blog of someone on your cruise and he doesn't seem to be having any problems other than the ship being out of some of the wines (which, actually, has been the case on most of our cruises. Some of the wines on the extensive wine list just aren't on every single ship for every single cruise).

We disembarked from the Royal on April 6 in Tahiti. It was our experience that they were already running out of certain wines so imagine that the ole wine cellar must be pretty bare by now!icon9.gif

Could someone please post the link to the blog for the Royal's final cruise. I would love to follow it. Thanks in advance.

There are no Reislings or Zinfandels on board.

I don't usually drink either of those but I feel your disappointment. I would be so upset that the cruise would not be conducted like any of the rest of the cruises.:(

We are also on the same cruise and are enjoying every minute of being on board the lovely "Royal". We have had some disappointments, not being able to land on Easter Island but that is a 50/50 chance anyhow and we were too late into San Martin to be able to fly over the NAZCA lines.

Sure, the shops are closing early but there have been some great bargains in perfumes, clothing, makeup etc. to make up for that.

The staff are wonderful, the ship is in great condition and the weather has been perfect. We are coming into Manta at the moment and the sea is like a mirror.

Some wines are missing but there is still a selection to choose from. The entertainment is also great.

Jennie

We are also on the same cruise and are enjoying every minute of being on board the lovely "Royal". We have had some disappointments, not being able to land on Easter Island but that is a 50/50 chance anyhow and we were too late into San Martin to be able to fly over the NAZCA lines.

Sure, the shops are closing early but there have been some great bargains in perfumes, clothing, makeup etc. to make up for that.

The staff are wonderful, the ship is in great condition and the weather has been perfect. We are coming into Manta at the moment and the sea is like a mirror.

Some wines are missing but there is still a selection to choose from. The entertainment is also great.

Jennie

Jennie and Peter,

We are so glad you are enjoying this last cruise on the Royal. We like the little ships and have spent more time on this one than the Pacific. And are looking forward to the Ocean this summer!

It sounds like you are making the best of a less than ideal situation. Continue to enjoy and look forward to running onto you again on some small ship in the future!

Teresa and Bob

Jennie

Jennie

Glad to hear you are enjoying your cruise! Say hi to the wonderful (especially dining room) staff from Allan and Karen. We miss them (and if you see Edgar, the waiter in Roberto's section near the entrance to the dining room, you can tell him I'm STILL trying to lose the weight I put on thanks to him. ;) )

Archived