Is Military Benefit now sliding scale?

cherylandtk

Tried looking to see if this has been asked or posted, but with search out it is hard. Just happened to be looking at our Personalizer and Cruise Credit pages and see that a Military Benefit has been applied to TK's account for our two cruises in 2012, and this is without us asking for the benefit or sending in the form (although we have had the benefit applied to previous cruises by asking). Date applied shows as 8/23/11, BUT....and this is where the question comes in....the amount of the credit shows as '$50.00 (USD) to $250.00 (USD)'. This is similar to what shows for the FCC OBC for an open booking where the amount of credit depends on both the length of the cruise and the type of room booked. Previously, the military credit was a flat $100 regardless of room type or cruise length. Has anyone else found this in their cruise credit as a sliding scale?

I did find a previous thread where these posts address the automatic application after filling out the form once:

Originally Posted by satxdiver

I book though a local TA. I faxed him a copy of my DD214 and DL and he submitted it to Princess. I got the $100 credit. Interesting thing is that the TA on his own got the same credit for our upcoming cruise in February without any input form me. Thank you Princess for this nice perk.

During my most recent submission (mid May), the service rep told me that Princess was in the process of building an eligibility data base. Maybe they've activated it.

But I do not recall the military credit being on a sliding scale before.

Hmm, our upcoming cruise (Dec.) is seven days, and I have the written confirmation that the benefit is $100. This does not show in the cruise credits as either pending or applied, just as prior cruises did not.

But the next two cruises are 12 days each and no amount is showing as applied to those two. What IS showing is the minimum $50 amount in the Total Remaining Balance column, much as credit shows there for an unapplied FCC at $25. Perhaps this is just an interim step in the process of automating the application of Military Benefits?

Paul, does the military benefit show in your cruise credits column for your med cruises next year?

Tried looking to see if this has been asked or posted, but with search out it is hard. Just happened to be looking at our Personalizer and Cruise Credit pages and see that a Military Benefit has been applied to TK's account for our two cruises in 2012, and this is without us asking for the benefit or sending in the form (although we have had the benefit applied to previous cruises by asking). Date applied shows as 8/23/11, BUT....and this is where the question comes in....the amount of the credit shows as '$50.00 (USD) to $250.00 (USD)'. This is similar to what shows for the FCC OBC for an open booking where the amount of credit depends on both the length of the cruise and the type of room booked. Previously, the military credit was a flat $100 regardless of room type or cruise length. Has anyone else found this in their cruise credit as a sliding scale?

I did find a previous thread where these posts address the automatic application after filling out the form once:

But I do not recall the military credit being on a sliding scale before.

Question I cannot find the cruise credit pages on the personalizer, perhaps I am overlooking something or does it only come up if you booked through Princess Disregard, my oversight found it

Thoughts

Pete

Question I cannot find the cruise credit pages on the personalizer, perhaps I am overlooking something or does it only come up if you booked through Princess

Thoughts

Pete

Sorry, I said that incorrectly. From the My Princess Page on left side, just above the link to the Personalizer page there is a link to the Circle Savings Account, with both cruise credits and onboard credits listed. Cruise credits are usually FCC's, either applied or pending/active. Onboard credits are where you find the OBC issued from using an FCC, or other Princess issued OBC, and now apparently that will include Military Credits. But I am confused about how they are listed, too.:o

eta - As you were...

The Military OBC is $50 for cruise shorter than 7 days, $100 for cruises 7 to 13 days and $250 for cruises $250 or longer. The only exception is TA crossings on the QM2 get $100 even though they are 6 days
Thanks Paul, that answers the bigger part of my question.

Hmm, our upcoming cruise (Dec.) is seven days, and I have the written confirmation that the benefit is $100. This does not show in the cruise credits as either pending or applied, just as prior cruises did not.

But the next two cruises are 12 days each and no amount is showing as applied to those two. What IS showing is the minimum $50 amount in the Total Remaining Balance column, much as credit shows there for an unapplied FCC at $25. Perhaps this is just an interim step in the process of automating the application of Military Benefits?

Paul, does the military benefit show in your cruise credits column for your med cruises next year?

I was not in the Military, so I am not eligible.

OK, so the question has now morphed into: Does anyone with Military Credit eligibility also show an active Military Benefits credit, applied or unapplied to a specific cruise, in their Cruise Credit section of the Circle Savings? (Not asking about confirmation via letter, or final payment, or TA; just asking about anyone else with the Military Benefit credit showing up online in the Circle Savings account as this did, thanks.)

If so, under the Account Summary, Onboard credit section, is your expiration date 12/31/99? Does the amount show as a range? When does it show as earned? If it shows as applied to a specific cruise, is the amount correct?

I know these are lots of details, but I think this is going to be generating a lot of questions in the near future, and perhaps we can figure out the answers.

I was also confused as to how to read my Military OBC's info in the circle savings section. I just got off the phone with Princess and was told that within the last couple of days the priocess has changed to wit you will no longer have to apply for them each time you cruise. They will now supposedly automatically be added to your booking if Princess has your military information on file. The one question I forgot to ask was how to interpret the 12/31/99 date.....

Bob

I was also confused as to how to read my Military OBC's info in the circle savings section. I just got off the phone with Princess and was told that within the last couple of days the priocess has changed to wit you will no longer have to apply for them each time you cruise. They will now supposedly automatically be added to your booking if Princess has your military information on file. The one question I forgot to ask was how to interpret the 12/31/99 date.....

Bob

I wonder if it will eventually show a military credit applied to a specific booking # in the Circle Savings Account just as it does a Future Cruise Deposit? We have two bookings with Future Cruise Deposits applied but the Military Benefits show Active (with the Earned date of 08/23/11 and the Expires date of 12/31/99). Princess is definitely making progress towards eliminating the need to reapply for Military benefits every time we book a cruise.

Well we are making progress, or are we ? Have to assume we are. I got an email back from the military benefits folks at princess, saying I qualified for the credit and it would be applied to booking X, however it does not show up Perhaps it is a stealth credit and I cant see it without night vision googles Hmmm

Pete

Here's what my Circle Savings Account says

Description Earned Expires Status Amount

spacer.gifMilitary Benefitsspacer.gif 8/23/11 Sail by 12/31/99 Active $50.00 (USD) to $250.00 (USD)

WVBill thanks I will go take a peek again but last I checked I did not have that, but just the email from 8/9 so it goes

Pete

Well the good news (it seems) is that we all have the same sort of listing for future Military Benefits. What remains to be seen is when the credit will be applied to specific cruises (automatically? at Final Payment? some other date?) and exactly when they will transition from individual letters/emails saying the credit has been applied to this new online system.

Thanks to you all for responding.

I applied for my Military OBC back in July when we booked the cruise. I assume the "earned" date of 8/23/11 is when they punched it into their new tracking system.

I'm also guessing that the 12/31/99 date is because they only programmed their system to accept two digits in the year field - so it could mean 2099 or 9999 or anywhere in between. I'm not particularly worried about making it that far..... :D

WVBill, when you are logged into Princess on the My Princess page, on the left under Circle Savings, does an amount show next to the Onboard Credits line? I see $50, but when I go to the view details link, it is not applied to a specific cruise, just the same listing as you noted above in post 14.

WVBill, when you are logged into Princess on the My Princess page, on the left under Circle Savings, does an amount show next to the Onboard Credits line? I see $50, but when I go to the view details link, it is not applied to a specific cruise, just the same listing as you noted above in post 14.

logged into Princess on the My Princess page, on the left under Circle Savings it shows an amount of $50.

In Cruise Personalizer, under the View Balance and Make Payments, I show an OBC of $100 - it does not indicate the "source(s)" - and I'm not sure where the other $50 came from. :)

logged into Princess on the My Princess page, on the left under Circle Savings it shows an amount of $50.

In Cruise Personalizer, under the View Balance and Make Payments, I show an OBC of $100 - it does not indicate the "source(s)" - and I'm not sure where the other $50 came from. :)

Ok so that explains why I dont see it for some reason

Nothing showing under circle savings and in Cruise personalizer nothing listed as view balance and make payments

So I cant see what I cannot see

Pete

Lordy, sometimes my critical thinking skills abandon me completely - I did not think to check the Balance and Payments section.:o AND I have no excuse because I have seen the credit listed there for a long time now. Thanks for the reminder.

So, yes, when looking at Balance and Payment, I see the full amount of both Military Credit per the amounts Paul listed in post #2 and the amount from using an FCC for booking the cruise. I presume the "$50" listed in the Circle Credits summary will sit there until 12/31/99 since the Military Benefit is an ongoing sort of thing.

Wow...I am so glad that this thread link was sent to me (from another thread (?) I posted).

I checked my DH's Account/My Princess (since I do all the cruise planning, etc.) and his Circle Savings Acct. said:

Military Benefitsspacer.gif

08/23/11

spacer.gif

Sail By 12/31/99

spacer.gif

Active

spacer.gif

$50.00 (USD) to $250.00 (USD)

So my question..(if it has been answered...please repeat it): :confused: Will this Vet-OBC info be sent from Princess to my online TA so he can update my cruise confirmation info with it after final payment? Or will I need to contact my TA to contact Princess about it?

Another question: :confused:DH and I will be going on a 10 day cruise (Balcony cabin)...so will DH get $100.00 Vet-OBC or just $50.00?

BTW--- what has happened to the 'Search' for CC-forum? I can't find it and so that is why I asked this same question in another thread.

Thanks!

So my question..(if it has been answered...please repeat it): :confused: Will this Vet-OBC info be sent from Princess to my online TA so he can update my cruise confirmation info with it after final payment? ]Or will I need to contact my TA to contact Princess about it?

Another question: :confused:DH and I will be going on a 10 day cruise (Balcony cabin)...so will DH get $100.00 Vet-OBC or just $50.00?

BTW--- what has happened to the 'Search' for CC-forum? I can't find it and so that is why I asked this same question in another thread.

Thanks!

Mona, we are assuming TA's will be able to see the applied cruise OBC much as they can see it now, and same as FCC related OBC. Whether your TA will include it in any confirmations is up to the TA. People who book directly with Princess can see the OBC in their payments page.

10 days is $100 OBC and should show up as noted in above paragraph. The $50 that we all saw in the Circle Savings section of My Princess is a perpetual unapplied amount. Since the military benefit applies to all future bookings it is just sitting there at the lowest amount, similar to the OBC that comes with a ghost FCC. Except the FCC OBC goes to a specific booking or expires. The Military OBC never gets used up-once it gets applied to a specific cruise it also goes back to a pending status for the next cruise- and that does not expire for longer than any of us need to worry about.

Search is disabled.. See the sticky at the top of the main boards.

Archived