Has anyone ever had their reserved HAL cruise chartered?

karatemom2

I am just learning that the HAL cruise I booked for next summer is going to be chartered and we will lose our reservation. Has anyone ever had this happen and if so what type of compensation or assistance in moving dates did HAL offer? This was to be our first cruise with HAL and I'm so disappointed!

I had a 4-day Pacific Northwest cruise chartered in 2003. HAL offered me either my full deposit back, or a 7-day Alaskan cruise for $100 more than the 4-day cruise. They offered me a variety of dates to choose from. I took the Alaskan cruise.

Charters happen; you just deal with it and move on. You have plenty of time to make other arrangements.

Roz

The thing that makes this a bit more difficult is that this is a 14 day cruise and we are limited on our window of vacation time due to work and school schedules. The date we booked worked perfectly, but I'm not sure if any of the alternate dates for this cruise will work for us. I know it happens, but I guess I'm just bummed that it happened to us! :(

Yes one leg of our Caribbean cruise was chartered. We thought about joining the charter, but were able to arrange a different date. Didn't get much help from HAL, actually got quite a snotty woman who was supposed to be helping us rebook, and she informed me that her help and the (whoppee) $100 OBC was only going to be available for 5 more days, so we better "hurry up and decide". :rolleyes: I suspect OP that you're not going to get much help or "compensation" as you are many months from sailing.

Well if we can change dates and get even a moderate OBC, I would be happy with that. Fortunately we haven't purchased air yet, although a couple of people on our roll call have. I'm just not sure any of the other dates will work. Going to go have a chat with my boss right now!

so what the date of your cruise??/ just wondering

I am just learning that the HAL cruise I booked for next summer is going to be chartered and we will lose our reservation. Has anyone ever had this happen and if so what type of compensation or assistance in moving dates did HAL offer? This was to be our first cruise with HAL and I'm so disappointed!

Well if we can change dates and get even a moderate OBC, I would be happy with that. Fortunately we haven't purchased air yet, although a couple of people on our roll call have. I'm just not sure any of the other dates will work. Going to go have a chat with my boss right now!

Good luck! Keeping fingers crossed. :)

Usually, you can Google the ship names and dates and the charter information or advertisements will come up. I just did it and no info, yet. Not surprising if the charter was just arranged....

also a good way to check and see if a large group is going to be onboard during your cruise. We had a gospel singers group on one of my last cruises.

Usually, you can Google the ship names and dates and the charter information or advertisements will come up. I just did it and no info, yet. Not surprising if the charter was just arranged....

also a good way to check and see if a large group is going to be onboard during your cruise. We had a gospel singers group on one of my last cruises.

Thanks for the tip. I usually google the name of the cruise before I book because that is a good way to find the best price... makes sense that the charters would show up then since they are probably advertising the cruise somewhere.

Archived