Sweet 16 cabins on M class

takemewithyou

We had one on Connie in January. The balcony is double depth, and we got lucky to have a lounger, ever though the CA wanted to remove it.

It's a bit of a walk to get you your cabin, and be careful that if you go too far forward, you will have wide pillars on either side. We were in 6031 on Connie. Nice room, lovely stars. Remember people can look down upon you. Sorry no pics.

We had one on Connie in January. The balcony is double depth, and we got lucky to have a lounger, ever though the CA wanted to remove it.

It's a bit of a walk to get you your cabin, and be careful that if you go too far forward, you will have wide pillars on either side. We were in 6031 on Connie. Nice room, lovely stars. Remember people can look down upon you. Sorry no pics.

Thanks! :)

Still hoping for some pictures..........anyone?

We will be in 6024 on the Summit to Bermuda this May. We have 4 of us in the cabin so the couch will be turned into a bed at night. The big question is..... will we actually be able to get by the end of the bed and the desk to access the balcony while the couch is open???? This is very important to us since our kids go to bed before us and we like to spend some time on the balcony while they are sleeping so climbing over a sleeping kid on the sofa bed is not really fun.

What do you think?

I am investigating sweet 16 cabins on M class - never stayed in one.

Did a search, but I wondering if anyone has any pictures of the cabins and especially the balconies?

Thanks! :)

We stayed in 6035 last year on Connie and will be there again in one month......

LOVED the big balcony.

We will be in 6024 on the Summit to Bermuda this May. We have 4 of us in the cabin so the couch will be turned into a bed at night. The big question is..... will we actually be able to get by the end of the bed and the desk to access the balcony while the couch is open???? This is very important to us since our kids go to bed before us and we like to spend some time on the balcony while they are sleeping so climbing over a sleeping kid on the sofa bed is not really fun.

What do you think?

Look at post #4 above and click on the link that poster had supplied and there is a picture of the sofa bed opened up. It's pretty tight......see what you think.

Which cabins are considered the "Sweet 16"? We've booked a Royal Suite with an adjoining Concierge class on deck 6. Just wondering if I can inform my mom whether she is in one of the "Sweet 16".

No. They are not CC cabins. And they are forward on deck 6.

We will be in 6024 on the Summit to Bermuda this May. We have 4 of us in the cabin so the couch will be turned into a bed at night. The big question is..... will we actually be able to get by the end of the bed and the desk to access the balcony while the couch is open????

It's tough but do-able if one doesn't have mobility problems. There was just enough room for my knees turned sideways.

Which cabins are considered the "Sweet 16"? We've booked a Royal Suite with an adjoining Concierge class on deck 6. Just wondering if I can inform my mom whether she is in one of the "Sweet 16".

While she is not in a sweet 16, she is in a considerably better stateroom. The C1's nestled between the suites on Deck 6 have massive balconies, slightly larger interiors than other C1's and the balcony has a nice teak flooring. Also the best room stewards tend to be assigned to them since they are the people servicing the large suites.

What do you think?

You also have an upper berth in 6024, but I think that would require separating the main beds to use. Good luck.

It's tough but do-able if one doesn't have mobility problems. There was just enough room for my knees turned sideways.

Thank You!! I hate that they put the sleeper sofa in front of the balcony door on the M class ships but as long as I can get by to enjoy our BIG balcony we can make it work.

You also have an upper berth in 6024, but I think that would require separating the main beds to use. Good luck.

Yes, we will be using the upper berth and sofa bed for our 2 kids. According to the pictures I've seen the upper berth is over the sleeper sofa, so we can keep the main bed together.

We were on the Millennium last year and stayed in Cabin 6033, one of the Sweet Sixteen. There were 4 of us, so we used the loveseat bed and the overhead bed. There is very little room to get through to the balcony, when the bed is made up. We moved the chair away from the desk in order to maximize the space. There is no problem keeping the lower beds together as the upper bed is above the loveseat.

The large balcony is very nice. We asked our cabin steward for a lounge chair our first evening. When we arrived back to the ship after the next day's port stop, there were 2 lounge chairs on our balcony!

We were on the Millennium last year and stayed in Cabin 6033, one of the Sweet Sixteen. There were 4 of us, so we used the loveseat bed and the overhead bed. There is very little room to get through to the balcony, when the bed is made up. We moved the chair away from the desk in order to maximize the space. There is no problem keeping the lower beds together as the upper bed is above the loveseat.

The large balcony is very nice. We asked our cabin steward for a lounge chair our first evening. When we arrived back to the ship after the next day's port stop, there were 2 lounge chairs on our balcony!

Thanks! Can't wait to have the large balcony, just wish it was going to be a little easier accessing it :eek:. Lounge chairs would be great, I'll have to remember to ask to them. :D

Thanks! Can't wait to have the large balcony, just wish it was going to be a little easier accessing it :eek:. Lounge chairs would be great, I'll have to remember to ask to them. :D

It shouldnt really be an issue unless you have the couch made into a bed the entire time. Unfortunately when we had 6030 on our Summit sailing we were unable to get loungers. Hopefully they have changed things and you can now get them. It would have been nice.

Please come back and tell us whether you were successful in getting the loungers on your balcony! :)

Archived