The list of drinks included in UBP

mw_1970

Just got off the Sun - Ketel One was included and most martinis & frozen drinks, just ask your bartender - I was only told NO once on a special martini - they just used a different vodka and it was included. Was nice not to worry about the final bar bill. We're going on the Epic Saturday and just confirmed that they are offering this package on all ships now except PoA. They didn't push it on the Sun, we had to ask where to sign up - Atrium cafe. Didn't see any other advertisements for it and most other passengers we talked to didn't know anything about it. Good at all bars & restaurants, just not room service... I drank Prosecco Brut at $9 glass + a frozen drink or 2 so it was a good deal for me.

Just got off the Sun - Ketel One was included and most martinis & frozen drinks, just ask your bartender - I was only told NO once on a special martini - they just used a different vodka and it was included. Was nice not to worry about the final bar bill. We're going on the Epic Saturday and just confirmed that they are offering this package on all ships now except PoA. They didn't push it on the Sun, we had to ask where to sign up - Atrium cafe. Didn't see any other advertisements for it and most other passengers we talked to didn't know anything about it. Good at all bars & restaurants, just not room service... I drank Prosecco Brut at $9 glass + a frozen drink or 2 so it was a good deal for me.

Thank you. Leaving on the Sun in 4 weeks. Without Ketel it would have not been an option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

How much is this?

$49 per person + 15 percent automatic gratuity. Must be purchased for every day of the cruise, i.e. seven night cruise = 7 X $49 +15 percent. ALSO, every person on the same folio must purchase the package. If the kids are underage but over the age of two, they MUST purchase a soda package.

$49 per person + 15 percent automatic gratuity. Must be purchased for every day of the cruise, i.e. seven night cruise = 7 X $49 +15 percent. ALSO, every person on the same folio must purchase the package. If the kids are underage but over the age of two, they MUST purchase a soda package.

So if I did the math right, for two adults you're looking at almost $700. Since we've never been on a NCL ship before, I don't know if this would be worth it for us. Typically I'll drink mixed drinks like margaritas, long islands, very few drinks with vodka, and white wine. DH drinks similar stuff, plus rum and coke/Pepsi. So based off of this are these types of alcoholic drinks going to cost $10 each? We may have juice or pop randomly.

So if I did the math right, for two adults you're looking at almost $700. Since we've never been on a NCL ship before, I don't know if this would be worth it for us. Typically I'll drink mixed drinks like margaritas, long islands, very few drinks with vodka, and white wine. DH drinks similar stuff, plus rum and coke/Pepsi. So based off of this are these types of alcoholic drinks going to cost $10 each? We may have juice or pop randomly.

Closer to $800

7 x 49 = 343 x 2 = 686 + 15% gratuity = $788.90. There are a quite a few threads discussing this, with calculations. Mixed drinks (rum & coke) and pina colada type are $6 - $7 each (including gratuity). So basically if you drink 7 - 8 adult beverages a day you are breaking even.

Edited by che5904

Story of my life. Now that I can't drink anymore they come out with this. Although to be honest with you even in my drinking days I'm not sure it would be a great deal for me. I know there is a lot of mega-drinkers out there though that this will work out well for.

Closer to $800

7 x 49 = 343 x 2 = 686 + 15% gratuity = $788.90. There are a quite a few threads discussing this, with calculations. Mixed drinks (rum & coke) and pina colada type are $6 - $7 each (including gratuity). So basically if you drink 7 - 8 adult beverages a day you are breaking even.

Forgot the gratuity, thanks. Also thanks for giving me the price point. Similar to prices on Carnival so for us it wouldn't be worth it.

The list on the Star was different. I'm out of town but will post the picture i took of it tomorrow when I get home.

And I was told specialty martinis were excluded and couldn't get then even when I tried to substitute the liquors just fyi. Seems like everyone is having different experiences so far, i think employees don't know much about the program in general since it's so new

ALL wines by the glass off of the wine list $10 and under.

We mainly had the Clos Du Bois Sauvignon Blanc and the Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon @$9.95 each.

If all you drink is beer I can't seethe package working for you. We would have 2 glasses (150ml) of wine each at lunch and another 2 at dinner plus maybe a couple of vodka & tonics after dinner so it worked good for us......Just

Plenty of good choices available and apparently far more choice than Celebritys package for around the same price.

LOTS of people on Spirit went for the package once they had heard about it.

Only in Galaxy did I have to present both cards to get drinks for us both by the way.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. I was told by my reliable PCC the UBP is going fleetwide on sailings 3 days or longer for anyone interested.

Its available on EVERY cruise for the forseeable according to F&B manager on Spirit.

jdvmd or anyone else, may I please ask if you can explain the "folio" to me.

We are 10 people sailing on the Breakaway in July, my mother is taking my family and my sister's family.

She would like to purchase the drink package prior to our boarding so it's just purchased/paid before we cruise but she does not need the package. Can this still be done? I understand soda packages have to be included for the kids.

We have 4 cabins:

Cabin 1: my mother and my dd-18 (not purchase package)

Cabin 2: My dh, ds-15 and me (We have connecting cabin with my mother so if my mother/dd do not have to purchase alcohol/soda package, I'll put my ds in my mother's room, just on paper since he doesn't like soda).

Cabin 3: My sister, her ds-under 10 (Would purchase alcohol/soda)

Cabin 4: My bil and 2 children under 10 (They would have to purchase the alcohol/soda package)

Once we get onboard, we would all have our own credit cards (one for my family, one for my sister's family and one for my mother) per cabin.

So, can my mother pre-purchase the alcohol package/soda for kids and not purchase for herself?

Thanks so much!